minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Sat 11/05/24 23:12:05 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

Wetlook.Biz
Wetlook-Online

Message # 92908.1.1.1.1

Subject: None Re:As much as "the internet never forgets" there's a lot it forgot

Date: Sun 08/01/23 16:48:29 GMT

Name: Anonymous uu

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

if we could definitively erase all the shit posted on the internet and on this forum and other sites of this kind...

In reply to Message (92908.1.1.1) None Re:As much as "the internet never forgets" there's a lot it forgot

By Malvineous - mrnemesis@ntlworld.com gb Sun 08/01/23 16:32:03 GMT

The Internet Archive Wayback Machine helps a lot, but it frequently ignored images. PDFs were not always archived and sometimes entire pages would be missing. Sites that do not provide HTML links to all the content are another problem: where the user must complete a form to get to the data (too risky for a spider) or where content is dynamically created or updated in JavaScript. (Building properly accessible sites has its benefits.)

The moral philosophy around copyright ownership and “abandonware” is not straightforward. One opinion holds that free access to abandoned material reduces the market capacity for new material, but that is only truly valid if the old material is directly replaceable or replaceable on a sufficiently like-for-like material.

Wetlook is a curious one. I have a particular Leon set that I bought that to me seems to be distinctly lower resolution than all the free pictures of it floating around. Wetlook producers are not known for pushing the envelope with image and frame size, possibly as the revenue is too low. Although there are people here who long to recover old photos and footage, I find old material generally too disappointing: postage stamp size MPEG videos with horrible compression artefacts from inadequate bitrate, fuzzy photos with poor lighting. When wetlook was “new” (to me, that is) anything was exciting, but now that computer technology is catching up with human vision, the old material no longer feels like it has much to offer, yet at the same time, there is something about it that feels right just due to the era in which it was shot. (Some of the older stuff is from before the obsession with shaving yourself nearly to Ilia …)

I normally deal in knowledge rather than fetish, and I just want knowledge to live on, and that it soul destroying, as nobody gives a shit.

In reply to Message (92908.1.1) None As much as "the internet never forgets" there's a lot it forgot

By Poliut - uu Sun 08/01/23 16:04:27 GMT

People like to go on about how "The Internet never forgets" but there's a lot of material from the internet that's now lost to history. Especially in the mainstream infancy days of the 90s and early 00s.

And then there are hard drive losses...

In reply to Message (92908.1) Thumbs Up yes, a sad glimpse of the impermanence of digital information .. [nt]

By plonss - nl Sun 08/01/23 07:13:24 GMT

(no text)
In reply to Message (92908) None Forum Maintenance! "...why not have a look back through our archive..."

By Poliut - uu Sat 07/01/23 17:10:17 GMT

"In the meantime, why not have a look back through our archive of over 40,000 message threads!"

Do you guys ever do this every now and again? Peek through the ~93,000 (OK - some deleted) threads? The way this forum is set up, threads tend to have a short(ened) lifespan, especially ones that spark discussion rather than merely showcase the newest release. Also, over the 20 years this forum's sat, the farther back you go, the more dead links and images you'll run into - you'll probably find yourself wondering what's more amazing: the stuff that's gone or the stuff that's still there.

Something that came to mind during forum maintenance.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.031 seconds to generate ]