WetlookPro

Message # 57501.1.1.1.1.2

Subject: Idea OT : ancien series

Date: Fri 12/04/13 14:10:55 GMT

Name: Al'eau fr

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
> So....I turned off my tv months ago.....cos I started to find much more interesting things to watch

> by connecting my big screen tv to my notebook via a 50ft hdmi cable

I owned a connected TV and it's even better : I can see directly from it DailyMotion or Youtube and mine has a VERY GOOD prost processing making even 320p video humanly viewable :)

(it a Panasonic, and I can only recommend it :) ).

Speaking about ancient series, where can I see the very first seasons of "The Avengers" ? The ones with companions older than Emma Peel and Tara king ?

I'm a VERY BIG fan of this serie too, and I never saw the beginning ... unlike Doctor Who I found out on the Internet :)

In reply to Message (57501.1.1.1.1) None OT: Re:Doctor Who wetlook

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net us Sun 31/03/13 15:37:46 GMT

>I haven't watched television since about 1996, since it consumed too much free time. So, I no longer have a TV in my house.

I rarely watch much "broadcast tv" at all these days too.....cos I find most of it to be too depressing or not to my tastes....i.e. everything on the news channels is bad news....and all the modern tv shows on primetime tv feature characters I can't relate too.....e.g. there is no such thing as an "Alpha Male" on tv shows these days....cos every male character you see in commercials or tv sitcoms are either beta-males who act like blithering weeny idiots to a smarter female....or they are gay...and shows like "Glee" are more like a freakshow to me.....

So....I turned off my tv months ago.....cos I started to find much more interesting things to watch by connecting my big screen tv to my notebook via a 50ft hdmi cable...and then I could go back in time and watch all the great shows I enjoyed in the 60's and 70's.....cos now everything I like to watch can be found on Youtube or a great new streaming site called

http://veehd.com/ .

..which has all the old classic UK TV series I enjoy...including Classic Dr Who and many other UK series my Uncle Pat also appeared in (i.e. The Young Ones, The Bill, Filthy Rich and Catflap, The Fenn Street Gang, Please Sir, Benny Hill etc)

Once you get a decent internet download speed....this is a "game changer"...cos then you no longer need satellite or cable tv any more. I got rid of my 4 satellite dishes last year4...cos now my ISP gives me a download speed of 70 megs....so now my wife is very happy watching online tv channels from Asia, and I am happy watching live UK tv shows via proxy......so now I try to avoid watching U.S. tv off the air....cos whenever I tune in.....it makes me depressed with all the bad news about the economy or the antics of our politicians.

I do not want to hear every day about how the value of my house has declined by 40% since I bought it....or how high the unemployment rate is.....and my father just went on a vacation to CYPRUS 2 weeks ago.....I bet he had some fun trying to find an ATM that was working where he could get some cash during the current banking crisis out there....and it makes me irate when I have to tighten my budget and control my spending.....while politicians do not bother to balance their budget and control their spending...and all they want to do is print more money. So...this just makes my blood boil....so I try to get away from all this crap I see on live TV these days....and if I want to brighten my day....I will just watch my favorite classic UK tv shows like "On the Buses" or "Hi De Hi"....which are all online on streaming sites for free these days.

MK

In reply to Message (57501.1.1.1) Hello Re:Doctor Who wetlook

By guitar guy - us Sun 31/03/13 06:37:08 GMT

What an interesting bit of info. Next time I see the original Star Wars, I'll wonder who is doing Vader's part, although I am certain indeed it is impossible to tell.

BTW there were numerous "wetlook" weather channel clips from the early to mid 90's that I wish I had captured. These were always short clips, 10 to 15 seconds, sometimes longer. These clips involved people coping with (usually) minor flooding situations, ie: curbside flooding they had to wade through, or in a park with low lying areas filled with deeper water than expected. The reason these scenes were so hard to capture was first, they were unannounced, and secondly the VCR took 5 seconds or more to engage in record (which seemed like forever as valuable seconds ticked by, of material I wanted to record) And the old VCR's didn't have flying heads, so the first 5 seconds or so of recording time was unstable video. So once started, entire scenes were missed, although I did try. But it was impossible except to let the tape run.. and I wasn't THAT motivated which could have been days or weeks to capture 20 seconds worth of "wetlook".

Among memorable "wetlook" scenes was a lady with baby in stroller wading through a flooded gulch in the park. She wore tight fitting "capri" leggings, with white trainers, and white socks. The camera angle was low, near ground level, apparently "staged" or a very astute camera person getting a good "point of view" shot. A wetlook producer could not have done better. As the woman approached the camera (attractive woman) with baby in stroller, (the subject framed in a full shot) she straightaway entered the flooded ditch, completely covering the wheels of the stroller, and her white trainers. The camera person then lowered the camera to ground level to get the shot of her trainers entering the water.. and remained there panning left until she exited left of the frame, (right to left moving toward the camera and out of frame) The idea of course was to provide video of people coping with minor flooding situations, or carrying on normally in spite of getting wet, as the announcer describes a line of T-storms (usually T storms) that had moved through the area... and now threatening other areas off to the east ... ...

Another scene was coverage of the Mississippi flood of 1993, a community effort to sandbag the levees. These people were not dressed for a day at the beach of course, and in this particular clip, some were standing in water. The camera view was at first rather close up, following the hand to hand movement of the sandbags. As the camera zoomed out to a full shot, it was revealed that at least 3 or 4 ladies were in office attire, in high heels standing in ankle deep water, a definite plus for heels fans, of which I am of that variety. I missed that too. Perhaps this would quality less since it is more a distressed situation, since these people were desperate to save their homes, so this doesn't count as a banal scene where a person makes the choice to "cope" or avoid a flooded situation. (they had no choice)

Yet another clip was of two young ladies strolling on a flooded sidewalk up to their chests in water, obviously coping, but also laughing and enjoying their adventure. (a good scene) They were dressed for cooler weather, in a jacket, the other in a sweater. There were no "before" or "after" shots, just of them wading in deep water in a clip that ran about 20 seconds.

The best one (IMO) was of a well dressed woman in heels and nylons wading to her front door, as the meteorologist describes "storms that rolled through the area earlier today, causing minor flooding"!

I wonder if anyone remembers these clips like these from the weather channel? Does the weather channel currently show clips like the ones I described? Or, are they of mass destruction and grief stricken people? I haven't watched television since about 1996, since it consumed too much free time. So, I no longer have a TV in my house.

In reply to Message (57501.1.1) None Re:Doctor Who wetlook

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net us Sat 30/03/13 18:59:10 GMT

Interesting news indeed. The classic Dr Who monsters have always had a special place in my childhood memories, cos my Uncle Pat was a bit part actor in the 60's to 80's and he rarely had a speaking part,and was mostly hired for acting jobs due to his height (6ft 6)....so he played various monsters in the 60's episodes of Dr Who, including playing an Ice Warror, A Sea Devil, A Swamp Creature, and a Yeti.....and you never saw his face....but he did get better roles in the 70's when he appeared in 4 episodes of Blakes 7 as a security guard. The pay was lousy, but it was a lot of fun working on those shows, and one time in the mid 60's he took my brother and I to the BBC Television center when he was working and they were filming a Daleks episode, and I was able to watch them shooting that episode.....well....kinda....cos when they brought out the Daleks on the set my brother and I were so scared, we hid behind our seats. My Uncle's highest paying job was as the stand in for UK bodybuilder Dave Prowse....who used to play "the Green Cross Code Man" on uk road safety adverts....cos George Lucas chose Dave Prowse to play Darth Vader in the original Star Wars film....and Dave played the role, but Lucas did not like his weeny voice....so he got James Earl Jones to do the voice-overs. Anyway...while Dave did most of the Darth Vader role, he got very sick during the filming and press tours for Star Wars....so my Uncle Pat was hired to play Darth Vader on those days Dave Prowse was sick....and nobody could tell the difference, My Uncle was also John Cleese's stand in in the famous Fawlty Towers episode where Cleese beats his car with a stick....cos Cleese had been banned for drunk driving at that time...so he was not allowed to do any driving scenes himself, so my Uncle was hired to do those driving scenes as Cleese's stand in.

Sadly, some of the best wetlook scenes from Dr Who that I saw as a kid....are now among the 150 "Lost episodes" Dr Who where the BBC erased the tapes. e.g.

The Underwater Menace episodes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Underwater_Menace

and the "Fury from the Deep" epsiodes....where I saw 2 nice wetlook scenes...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fury_from_the_Deep

I still have my 25ft long Dr Who scarf.....cos I was a huge fan of Tom Baker....cos I met him and his companion (in real life too) Lalla Ward in Ireland in 1978....cos I was staying at hotel in Ireland and they were staying at the same hotel too....and one morning they were having breakfast at hotel and were seated next to us, and they were kind enough to give me their autographs.

MK

In reply to Message (57501.1) Thumbs Up Re:Doctor Who wetlook

By Frank (the noname) - eu Sat 30/03/13 14:23:27 GMT

Great news! Well, as the new eps will start today, "Ice Warriors" will be on April, 13th. Double-win for me, cause I'm a huge Doctor Who fan, too. Btw - of course not the first wetlook situation at the Doctor's set...!
In reply to Message (57501) None Doctor Who wetlook

By wetlookstu - ex Sat 30/03/13 11:37:51 GMT

Just been reading an interview with doctor who's new companion jenna louise coleman and there was this quote

'The third episode in this current run, called Cold War, is set on board a Russian submarine and marks the return of the classic Doctor Who monsters the Ice Warriors. Before every take in that episode they'd come and spray us with water, so we were soaking wet for two weeks.

Sounds good!

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.056 seconds to generate ]