Wetlook-Online

Message # 40189.1.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: Globat are so unreliable

Date: Wed 20/05/09 21:33:05 GMT

Name: Malvineous gb

Email: mrnemesis@ntlworld.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Indeed. That's why I moved WetInRed away from them a couple of years ago!

Unfortunately, this was not to prove the case for Waterlogged Productions. Apparently they've migrating the server (which Sam has never told me, assuming they ever told him) and, well, it hasn't actually worked, for some reason.

The first I knew of it was an e-mail earlier saying that our account had been suspended for excessive resource drain and/or excessive e-mails. The databases still work, but the web space points to 40inches.com instead. The control panel reports that we're in transition, but that it was to have been done days ago, and instead they've just killed the whole site off and blamed us for running it badly. The mail they sent about the suspension has Sam's address as the sender, and his and mine as the recipients, CC suspensions@globat.com; the generating server has no reverse DNS, although the HELO was plausible!

The ticket response time is around 24-48 hours; I tried live chat, but without Sam's credit card number, they refused to do anything and terminated the chat session. (I have the site password, but I can't get at anything secret, as the control panel is down; the guy didn't give a shit.)

So now I've followed his advice and filed a second ticket -- their staff don't really talk to each other and make you do all the work. I guess eventually they'll notice and put things back. Hopefully they won't have actually wiped the site like they did wetinred.com a few years ago. Fortunately Steve "only" had to re-upload 10 GB of clips! (Globat do these back up servers, such as when the InterWet USA ex-Webmaster -- you know who I mean -- tried to wipe the entire site via FTP. Very glad Globat had their backups sorted out, as I was actually watching the whole site vanish before my eyes in my FTP client!)

Pay peanuts, get monkeys, eh.

In reply to Message (40189.1.1) Thumbs Down Globat are so unreliable

By Graham (Styx) - gb Wed 20/05/09 21:09:16 GMT

Globat must be about the most unreliable service I've ever come across.

I've never heard anything good said about them.

In reply to Message (40189.1) Hello Liquid Ladies/InterWet USA down

By Malvineous - mrnemesis@ntlworld.com gb Wed 20/05/09 19:26:24 GMT

Sorry, put it into the wrong box!
In reply to Message (40189) Angry No Subject

By Malvineous - mrnemesis@ntlworld.com gb Wed 20/05/09 18:30:18 GMT

Yay, yay for Globat!

Globat have made a pig's ear out of our site again. I love the new 404 pages especially -- 40inches.com? What on earth is 40inches.com?

We haven't lost the domain, but the hosting account looks like it's come out of a shredder. Waiting to hear back from them as to what their PFYs have been up to this time.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.225 seconds to generate ]