Wetlook-Online

Message # 38388.2

Subject: Hello Re: Camera upgrade question

Date: Mon 22/12/08 19:08:37 GMT

Name: EdR uu

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
There are several good upgrade options, but it will all depend on how much money you are willing to spend. The D70 is truly a great camera, many of the photos I've done which are now featured on "A Splash of Glamour" were done with a D70. While it is true that the ISO capability is a little weak compared to the newer D80, D90, D300 and other new top of the line Nikon cameras, when the D70 was first introduced, the 200-1600 ISO capability was pretty good for it's time. The D80 will be a very small upgrade from the D70. It is a 10MP camera as opposed to the 6MP D70, however that 4 megapixel difference really won't be noticeable for images destined for the web. The D80 shoots at the same 3 frames per second rate of speed as the D70. The D80 does have a higher ISO capability, from 100 to 3200 ISO which gives it a small low light advantage, however you will still notice grain even at 400 ISO, It won't be as bad as the D70 but nonetheless it will be present (Depending on the available light at the time the image was captured.) The D90 and above possess the ability to shoot in very low light as they are capable of up to 6400 ISO. Of course these are also the latest and greatest from Nikon and will command the higher prices. If you're in the market for a used camera, check out the D200 as the prices for these are falling and they have many more features then either the D70 and D80

As for lenses, yes you could buy faster glass, which will allow you to shoot in less light, however, keep in mind that there is a compromise for shooting fast lenses wide open. If your focus point is not spot on, there is a greater potential for your images to come out blurry, as depth of field is greatly increased. You can use a poor man's version of Vibration Reduction, a monopod or tripod, these will allow you to lower the shutter speed without the need to fully open the aperture, or allow you to use slower glass, to avoid blurring. Personally if I must shoot in low light, I bring my own light. I'll either use a reflector, strobe, or flash unit. There are plenty of flash units and strobes available to extend your shots into the dark. These will allow you to keep your ISO down which greatly reduces noise.  

Finally you could get rid of noise in post production. If you are familiar with photoshop, you can look into software such as Noise Ninja to get rid of or reduce noise after the fact.

Sincerely Ed

In reply to Message (38388) Question Camera upgrade question

By jetwetfun - jet@jetwetfun.com uu Mon 22/12/08 11:33:37 GMT

I'm considering upgrading our camera from the D70 we currently have.  I'm thinking that I can sell the D70 on ebay and I have about $300 I can add to what I can get for the D70.  What would be a good upgrade?  I'd like to stick with Nikon.  I don't think I'll be able to afford even a used D300 or D90 (probably wouldn't find a used one anyway).  Would the D80 be much of an upgrade.  I went with somebody to help with a wedding and she used a D80.  I liked the results of the D80.  I'd like to find a camera that will allow me to bump up the ISO without much loss of quality in low-light situations. I get some graininess with the D70 when I go much above ISO 400.  Will the D80 do this?  Anyone have any thoughts?

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.015 seconds to generate ]