Wetlook-Online

Message # 34287.3

Subject: Warning! Re: OT - Possible PayPal scam

Date: Mon 18/02/08 15:03:58 GMT

Name: AnthonyX ca

Email: anthonyx@jowc.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
That's a typical "phising" email which occurs not just with PayPal, but many banks also.

I get such emails quite often, supposedly from PayPal and various banks (many of which I have no dealings with). The fact that I see emails claiming to be from banks I have never dealt with "in regard to my account" is an important clue. Phishers have no way to know that you have an account with PayPal or bank X; they just harvested your email address from somewhere (doesn't matter where). They are not targetting you when then they send out these emails. They target you if you respond, because it's your response that gives them the information they need to start going after your account and your money. Neither PayPal nor any bank will email you in regard to "a problem with your account", and will not ask you to log in using the link contained in the email. This is how phishers get your credentials... they use such emails to direct you to fake login pages; if you attempt to log in to the fake page, you give the phisher the credentials they are looking for.

So... if you get emails telling you that you must follow a link provided in the email to log in to your account because of some problem, don't do it. The only actions you should consider are (1) reporting the email to the institution the message is claiming to originate from or (2) simply deleting it.

In reply to Message (34287) Danger OT - Possible PayPal scam

By waterspaniel - us Mon 18/02/08 08:21:52 GMT

I received an e-mail, supposedly from PayPal, that they suspected an unauthorized transaction on my account and were temporarily limiting my access to certain personal information. I was instructed to click on the enclosed "Resolution Center" link to confirm my personal information. When I clicked on the link, my Macafee site advisor suddenly popped up and identified it as a "phishing" expedition to get my personal information. So I opened up a new window, went to the PayPal site, and lo and behold - no indication whatever of any restrictions on my account access. There are a couple of suspicious things about the e-mail: misspelled words and the subject line, which was just "PayPal". PayPal identifies the actual subject of the e-mail, such as "Account Transaction", etc. The "phishers" really tried to make it look official by putting a copyright notice at the bottom of the e-mail. Whoever heard of copyrighting an e-mail? Beware of this if you use PayPal. Danger

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.018 seconds to generate ]