Wetlook-Online

Message # 32257.1

Subject: Hello Re: question for MK or other archivists

Date: Mon 22/10/07 18:46:08 GMT

Name: MK uu

Email: wamtec@comcast.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
Yes...I have this footage. It shows a lavish cocktail party where all the ladies are in evening dress, and then the room slowly fills with watery mud and the entire room fills until all the guests are sinking deeper into the mud...but they carry on with their cocktail party, dressed to the nines, oblivious to the fact that they are sinking deeper and deeper into the watery mud.

The scene is a metaphor..where the mud is used to portray the corruption that existed at that time (1992) in Brazilian society and government. The scene comes from the 1992 Brazilian tv drama series "Deus nos acuda" (God Help Us).

http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_nos_acuda

Official site = http://redeglobo.globo.com/Deusnosacuda/0,23167,3979,00.html

The writer/producer of the series, Sílvio de Abreu, is a political activist and wanted to portray corruption in Brazilian society. I have the CNN news documentary that interviews him about the making of this scene, and the people sinking into the mud, without realizing it, is meant to depict people who sink into corruption, without realizing they are corrupted.

The good new is, I have the entire scene on tape. On a very old tape (MK30) dating back to 1992, and I also placed a clip of the scene on Wamtec Gold too...and it' a great scene.

The bad news is, this scene never actually exists in the tv drama itself, but only in the opening and closing credits. It is one of those annoying things that Spanish and Brazilian soap operas often do...i.e. they shoot scenes for the credits, but those scenes are not actually part of the series itself. And while on that subject matter, don't waste your time trying to find all the wetlook scenes from the Mexican tv series REBELDE....i.e. showing all the girls in school uniforms playing in the pool, cos those scenes do not exist either....only in the credits. I have checked all 150 episodes and there is nothing there. It is like the "Friends" fountain sequence....i.e. it does not exist in any actual episode...only in the credits.

MK

In reply to Message (32257) Question question for MK or other archivists

By bryce - brycepunk1@earthlink.net uu Mon 22/10/07 16:30:27 GMT

This randomly popped into my head today at school for some reason:

In the late 80's or early 90's, there was a news story on one of those magazine shows like 60 Minutes about Brazillian television. In it, they talked about the most popular soap opera at the time, and how on one episode they killed off the entire cast by having them drown in mud.

The footage they showed was of a really elegant cocktail party, and grey mud slowly filling the room, the people delighting in this wonderfully odd themed party. And then it got deeper and deeper until people were straining to stay afloat. The ladies looked wonderful from what I remember (about ten seconds of footage) aside from the fact that all die in the end, of course.

What I'm wondering is: Did anyone else see this? Does any footage survive to this day, of either this program or the soap itself? Just curious.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.002 seconds to generate ]