minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Fri 26/04/24 23:54:22 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

MyWetloook

Message # 24256.2.2.1.1.1.1

Subject: Note Re: Any lawyers in our community??? Great Question ...

Date: Wed 16/08/06 16:13:15 GMT

Name: Telcontar gb

Email: mrnemesis@ntlworld.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Again, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_domain

The copyright holder is free to place any restrictions or demands on the use of their work. So yes, you could agree to New The Times printing it for free, that is your decision to make. If the other Web site takes a copy of your work and reproduces it (by copy and paste) then no, that is not defined as a violation of the copyright. This is because you as the copyright holder *choose* what others may do with your work. This is why many products (especially music and video) state what their terms are. The site should obtain your permission to reproduce your work (they should in fact ask the NYT as they would assume the NYT owns the work), but you have the right to ask for its removal from their site if you find it unacceptable. I don't know the legalities of reproduction without first obtaining permission, however, but I know of no obligation on your part to state your terms first.

To be clear, though, your terms should be stated, then there is no dispute. And wise people should never, ever walk off with people's content and work without asking first.

The GNU and Creative Commons licenses are some of the most well known copyright terms that people use.

In reply to Message (24256.2.2.1.1.1) Talking Re: Any lawyers in our community??? Great Question ...

By Anonymous - uu Wed 16/08/06 15:07:20 GMT

Ok, then it would seem to me that as long as the person offering it does not claim rights to it, then they can distribute it at their own will?

Here is an analogy.  I have an article on George W. Bush as a hero.  I copywrite the artical.  I publish it in the New York Times for free, i.e., the Times does not pay me for it.  It is published in their paper and on their website.  Another website who calls itself "Friends of George W. Bush" does a "cut and paste" and publishes the article on their website and gives attribution to me, the original author as the writer.

Is there a violation of my copywrite?  Seems to me at the author, when I gave it for free to the New York Times, my objective was to get as many people to read it (and think I'm brilliant and buy my books, etc.) as possible.  I'd be happy.

Great discussion, what's the answer???

In reply to Message (24256.2.2.1.1) Hello Re: Any lawyers in our community??? Great Question ...

By xbertx1 - bertel@w4ymail.com de Wed 16/08/06 14:46:54 GMT

I'm not a lawyer. But I'm pretty sure that "public domain" and "offer for free" is not the same. If you offer content you own the copyright and tell it's public domain - then it is. If you offer content you own the copyright and tell it's still copyright protected - then it's not public domain but still your own content to which you granted some license.
In reply to Message (24256.2.2.1) Question Any lawyers in our community??? Great Question ...

By Anonymous - uu Wed 16/08/06 14:29:16 GMT

If something is placed in the "public domain" by the producer, e.g., a video offered for free to anyone who wants to download it, is it then under a restriction for others to offer it for free?  I would not think so.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with copywrite laws ... does it?  I would think, if I put something out there for anyone to have for free, is it really an infringement of my rights to have someone else offer for free what I already have?

Interesting question - let the lawyers answer so we all know the real story.

In reply to Message (24256.2.2) Film/AVI Messy discussion [nt]

By bongo - cg Wed 16/08/06 14:18:40 GMT

(no text)
In reply to Message (24256.2) Lookout Great clip! But, I see a Forum fight in the making ... [nt]

By Anonymous - uu Wed 16/08/06 13:42:12 GMT

(no text)
In reply to Message (24256) Film/AVI just a video 1

By wetter-the-better - wetter-the-better@hotmail.com nl Wed 16/08/06 12:53:39 GMT

Website: http://rapidshare.de/files/29571219/23vidteaser.avi

Sorry wetinred if you also have them on your site.

I collected these video the past 3 years, from al over the internet.

also I've got lots of copywrite stuff but this will be not on rapidshare.

wetter-the-better

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
Clips4Sale

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.032 seconds to generate ]