minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Tue 16/04/24 05:29:21 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

Wetlook.Biz
Wetlook-Online

Message # 890.3.1

Subject: Hello How they stay in business?

Date: Wed 13/11/02 21:19:19 GMT

Name: klm4748 uu

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Maybe the same way most banks stay in business-- people don't read the fine print, or they don't shop around. It's amazing the wide variation in checking account terms I can find in just one town....

Or maybe they are in business for the vast majority of people who think, "Okay, I want a website" without any particular reason or plan for it, other than just being cool and having a website. And then they forget to ever visit it.

I know my host allows no Mpegs or WAVs or AVIs, but that's not the point of having my site. (Sorry, totally non-wetlook related.)

Anyway, it's beginning to look like people who _want_ to host movies will have to go with Ray's plan, and let the customer-snubbing webhosts f*** themselves.

In reply to Message (890.3) Info Re: Website cut off

By Jim - jim121272@aol.com us Wed 13/11/02 05:49:25 GMT

Ok, here's the skinny on web hosting.  It's EXTREMELY important to read the fine print.

For example, my host shut me down for a couple of days two months ago, for over-bandwidth reasons (all along, they've been simply billing my credit card for overages, but that apparently changed -- without notice, of course.)

So, I went about searching for a new host, and found a decent deal.  I was about to sign up, and my better sense told me to read the fine print first.  One clause said that "not more than 50% of bandwidth may be taken up by binary files (jpeg, mpeg, etc)."  So although I was promised 20 gigs of bandwidth, in reality it is only 10 gigs...because 99% of my bandwidth (and yours too) is taken up by jpeg's.

I asked their webmaster if I would be given a polite tap on the shoulder if there were any issues, rather than a shut-off.  No reply.  So, the hell with them.

I suspect something like this may be your problem here. What I don't understand is how these companies stay in business, offering such poor products and absolutely atrocious customer service, and basically giving you the finger if some obscure (and often arbitrary) clause is violated.  If we did that, wouldn't sell a single video.

Ray, I may be interested in your offer.  Please drop me an email and give me the details.

Jim

In reply to Message (890) Angry Website cut off

By Wet Kahuna - kahuna@wetkahuna.com us Wed 13/11/02 02:13:24 GMT

I just talked to my ex-server - ehosting.com

I have been deleted due to having too many jpegs and mpegs.

They allow 500 meg space and 50 gig bandwidth - but aparently not for pictures or movies.

I had less than 200 meg space and hit around 30 gig/mo.

They said I violated theit Terms Of Service and have been deleted - no refund & no negotiation.

I'll be getting a new host - Any recommendations?

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.002 seconds to generate ]