Wetlook-Online

Message # 8830.1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1

Subject: Hello My 2 cents...

Date: Wed 25/02/04 16:05:04 GMT

Name: AnthonyX ca

Email: anthonyx@jowc.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

I've had a wetlook forum (hosted on Bravenet) for at least a couple of years now. It gets essentially zero traffic. Why? Because we don't need it. I started it when Nigel's last Bravenet forum got nuked, because I felt we needed someplace to gather. As it turned out, the regulars gravitated toward UMD until Nigel launched this forum. I still keep it as a "backup" meeting place because I believe it's useful to have one. Would I encourage anyone to start using it instead of this forum? NO! For all the reasons already cited on this thread... it would be pointless and would split the community. I suppose it is arguable as to whether my "backup" forum is of any value anyway, but I choose to keep it around nevertheless.

My point is that there is a lesson here for anyone who feels a desire to create their own wetlook forum...

In reply to Message (8830.1.1.2.1.1.1.1.1) Hello Re: Now to be fair!

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Wed 25/02/04 02:28:33 GMT

I think everybody missed the key point why there IS a valid need cross link from here to UMD...the links to UMD have validity....i.e. no redundancy...because UMD has a picture posting and archiving feature that does not exist on Nigel's forum. If Nigel's forum had picture posting and archiving capabilities, then there would be no need to post links to UMD. Nigels forum header #8 says...

>8 The Gallery (when it is ready) is intended for images that you have scanned yourself, not for images located elsewhere on the Web.

That note has been there for over 2 years and the gallery is still not yet ready...so thats why folks without webhosting capabilities need to post their pics to UMD...and then cross link to it from here.

Everybody should feel free to have their own personal forums (most of us have personal message boards on our sites too... to cater to our own customer bases)...but

Graham raises some valid points in regards to etiquette....i.e. if you want to open up a fast food restaurant...thats fine....do it...but to walk into Mcdonalds and start handing out flyers  to try to steal away their customers...is not "cricket". Thats like standing inside a department store like Walmart...and handing out leaflets to try and get their customers to come to K Mart instead....see how long you can get away with that...before you get thrown out by security.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating....i.e. do a good job of providing great "original" content...and the people will come...so if the new Brazilian forum features lots of great Brazilian wetlook (as opposed to non Brazilian stuff already seen on other forums) then folks will bookmark it and pay a visit.

Anyway....UMD provides a great service to this forum...cos it allows picture posters without a website to use the UMD bandwidth to post pics to...and therefore it is not redundant to cross link to UMD...cos this forum has no picture posting and archiving capabilities.

That should be a means test for any new forum that folks wish to set up...i.e. what can you offer...that is not available on Nigel's forum. If the Brazilian forum plans to offer exclusive Brazilian content not found anywhere else...then I guess thats a valid reason to have such a forum....

MK

In reply to Message (8830.1.1.2.1.1.1.1) Info Now to be fair!

By leonmoomin - leonmoomin@ntlworld.com gb Tue 24/02/04 23:34:16 GMT

I have posted many links to the umd and my own forum here over the years.

I don't really see a problem with it, its not like wetboybrazil's forum will take over from this one.  From my perspective, if all of his friends want to go over to his forum and stop using this one then great.  May have difficulty getting the producers to do so though, without them, his forum won't be worth much!

leonmoomin Pulsing

In reply to Message (8830.1.1.2.1.1.1) Peace Man Re: Re: So whats the problem

By Paul Rain-Fan - roumpini@netscape.net gr Tue 24/02/04 22:35:05 GMT

The problem is that we have already a forum that producers and some people share a lot of pics and videos. Now if anyone here make his own forum, the people will split to that forums, and you will have to search for pics and videos elsewhere than here. Now can you see the problem?

Or I have to tell you that nowhere else than here you will find a lot of stuff, and believe me I want to stay as it is and no some people who are thinking like children, try to close that forum!!! And why?

And that's my opinion.

In reply to Message (8830.1.1.2.1.1) Hello Re: So whats the problem

By elmauro - elmauro uu Tue 24/02/04 16:39:38 GMT

absolutely.  I agree.  after all, it took the same thinking Brasiliero is accused of now to start this forum...  so good things can come from it.
In reply to Message (8830.1.1.2.1) Hello So whats the problem

By Wet Dude - uu Tue 24/02/04 15:58:46 GMT

Honestly I don't see a problem with someone starting a new forum and making it known here. Who's to say that this and the UMD are the only forums that need to be here. Why not try new things, that's what makes life interesting.
In reply to Message (8830.1.1.2) Wink Smile Re: ummm......you know what I think?

By Graham (Styx) - graham@styxwetworld.com gb Tue 24/02/04 03:22:35 GMT

I gave out no MISINFORMATION. I merely stated an opinion that it's bad manners to be trying to start up a new forum when this one is already here. Why doesn't he put those links/finds directly on this forum? Having another forum just spreads everyone thinly rather than concentrating everyone with the same interests in the same place.

UMD links are generally posted because they give a direct link into photos posted there. Very sensible as it saves posting the photos twice. And UMD is known as the other good forum covering the interests here.

I honestly couldn't care less if you think that my opinion is crap. However it is MY opinion and because it's MINE it's neither misinformation nor wrong. You are at liberty to  state your opinion (as you have). But, I would like to know where the other "constant misinformation" that I have posted is located. In general, I post free photos and Styx updates. Neither of these would seem to fall into a "constant misinformation" category as far as I can see.

In reply to Message (8830.1.1) Angry ummm......you know what I think?

By Robby - uu Tue 24/02/04 02:30:08 GMT

You should open YOUR eyes and see that alot of people are posting that UMD link here and nobody is complaining....MAN I can't believe the crap that people like you post here...constant misinformation...grrrrr

Robby

In reply to Message (8830.1) Thumbs Down Bad Manners - posting links to your forum from this one [nt]

By Graham (Styx) - graham@styxwetworld.com gb Tue 24/02/04 00:06:21 GMT

(no text)
In reply to Message (8830) Pictures New post in my forum

By Boy Brazil - wetlookbrazil@hotmail.com uu Mon 23/02/04 23:43:59 GMT

http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?forumID=17033&subForumID=17057&action=viewTopic&commentID=243628&abKey=4f3f06e4de3f0c5d7db20091a683e62a

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.029 seconds to generate ]