WetlookPro

Message # 8797.4.1

Subject: Hello PS...

Date: Sun 22/02/04 01:42:37 GMT

Name: AnthonyX ca

Email: anthonyx@jowc.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

The message is quoted exactly (cut and paste), including the IP address. An nslookup of that address indicates that it is on a network in the Netherlands... certainly nothing belonging to me.

In my case, the "sender" was a yahoo.fr account, by way of a mail server in Germany.

In reply to Message (8797.4) Warning! Re: Message to JMMPHOTOS - please read

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Sun 22/02/04 01:29:26 GMT

In case you need further confirmation...

I have also received a similar email. The subject line reads:

"Preliminary investigation were started"

The text of the message is as follows:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Downloading of Movies, MP3s and Software is illegal and punishable by law.

We hereby inform you that your computer was scanned under the IP 193.78.252.100 . The

contents of your computer were confiscated as an evidence, and you will be indicated.

In the next days you will receive the charge in writing.

In the Reference code: #32399, are all files, that we found on your computer.

The sender address of this mail was masked, to fend off mail bombs.

- You get more detailed information by the Federal Bureau of Investigation -FBI-

- Department for "Illegal Internet Downloads", Room 7350

- 935 Pennsylvania Avenue

- Washington, DC 20535, USA

- (202) 324-3000

--------------------------------------------------------

The attachment is an executable file (a program). No legitimate communication will ever involve sending you information by way of an executable (program) attached to an email. That's the tip-off.

The sending address is very easy to forge for viral emails like this. Even though the email bears JMMphoto's email as the sender, it is unlikely that his computer actually sent it. Most likely, the originating computer belongs to someone who has surfed JMM's site, my JOWC site, and has had email contact with you, Magician, in order to have your address in its contact list. I would not infer that JMM's machine is infected, simply from the evidence at hand.

As for what you should do about it:

Warning! Warning! Warning! DO NOT OPEN THE ATTACHMENT Warning! Warning! Warning!

I think the message is tipping you off as to what the program will do to your computer if you run it, which is to delete every file it finds, and of course, copy itself to everyone in your contact list. You should delete the message.

In reply to Message (8797) Warning! Message to JMMPHOTOS - please read

By Magician - gb Sat 21/02/04 22:18:58 GMT

Hello JMMphotos,

I have a small worry, as I have an email in my inbox arrived from yourself stating that downloading of movies is illegal.

It says that my PC was scanned and that an investigation is being started by the FBI. It gives an FBI address where you can apply for more information , but says that another email will arrive shortly showing the charges. It also comes with an attachment, which of course I dare not open , as it could contain anything! Do you know anything about this email?

Someone must have got to your PC and be using it to pass on these emails, although I am surprised that my email was connected to  your site as I have only ever browsed through it. Any information would be appreciated.

Magician

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.028 seconds to generate ]