minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Fri 29/03/24 12:41:50 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

MyWetloook

Message # 78331.1.2.1.1.1.1

Subject: Talking Copyright laws are stronger than privacy laws in most countries

Date: Thu 05/09/19 11:25:54 GMT

Name: jollywetfellow sx

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

It is in fact very common for youtubes to be taken down because of breach of copyright, and one of the longest-established channels of UK dashcam compilations (WelshDrive) was recently banned from Youtube completely for alleged copyright violations (which he denies).    Whereas I have never heard of any being taken down because of breach of privacy; and that is despite the fact that they mostly show people behaving badly or at least making a complete fool of themselves, which the subjects are much more likely to want taken down than are people filmed enjoying themselves on the beach.   And there are similar vids on youtube from most countries in the world; in a few faces are blurred, but not in most.

I have just done a simple test of zooming out Google maps to show the whole of Europe, then moving the 'Streetview man', and the only countries which don't light up blue (ie the only ones in which Streetview is not available) are Germany, Austria, Belarus, Moldova and Bosnia-Herzegovina.   Even in Germany there is on-street imagery available, without blurred faces, in the major cities.    Given that everybody takes photos and videos wherever they go then posts them on Facebook, it is not really practicable for any country to have laws prohibiting online publication of imagery of third parties in a public place.

As for the inclusion of 'minors', I have twice now had my beach photos checked out by the Police, in both cases they included children as well as the adults which were my main 'target', and in both cases the Police saw no cause for concern.    

Whether MK did anything wrong or not (and it was at least very cheeky to simply lift somebody else's footage for inclusion in something you yourself are selling), trying to suggest that X_Wet_X was wrong in publishing his vids in the first place is completely unhelpful.    It is both inaccurate and, more to the point, likely to discourage X_Wet_X and others from making available wetlook content for our enjoyment.    As ytsen said, X_Wet_X himself is guilty of (in my view) excessive objection to wetlook content posted to the Forum by others [and if my guess is correct has already been well punished for it!] but that is no reason to make up spurious objections to his own content.       

In reply to Message (78331.1.2.1.1.1) Talking Ok, so UK does not follow EU regulations (as usual), however....

By MikeyPHX - us Wed 04/09/19 23:29:55 GMT

So UK laws are unlike EU ones and closer to Russian ones? OK. If this is true I stand corrected. I mentioned the local regulations as A LOT of people, being EU based (like Germany, Austria, France, Netherlands, Poland) or near EU (Switzerland) claim all around the world people should be asked their opinion, or faces should be censored or uploads are totally illegal etc and this is actually true for a vast minority of countries, mostly Germany, but as no expert I assumed it was all EU laws. Anyway, I think we can agree on all MK’s Russian clips being perfectly legal. If this is the same in the UK, or wherever X_Wet_X filmed his, his is also, though his has quite a lot of minors, not really in the background, so it would be more iffy in many more countries, but even if both are legal.

As for copyright law on Youtubes, well basically if taking a short clip was deemed illegal in real life (even it is by law) we would have much more than say Article 13, we would have to close down have of YouTube and half of the Internet in general, as most stuff is copied, re- copied it. For it to be plagiarism and illegal by laws of most countries (so we can say universal) it has to be a for profit thing copied into another for profit thing. Plus of course it has to be legal, so if made in most EU countries, publication would be legal only if subjects agreed, but again, that aside. MK’s camera guys taking youtubes (non-profit) for filler would not be a copyright issue in a vast majority of countries.

As for why I thought it was the UK. Well, probably mainly because of... your stuff among others. As a vast majority of sea candids seem to be from the UK. He uses a .de email address, but if that was from Germany, with the most strict privacy laws on the planet he would be a fool to post it to Youtube as that could even result in jail time, unless all subject singed waivers. So I ruled out Germany. I know nothing about Latin American laws, but judging that there is obviously fetish content from that continent (mostly Venezuela I think) with MINORS often uploaded to YouTube (and sometimes deleted by YouTube) I guess they have no laws or don’t enforce them.

In reply to Message (78331.1.2.1.1) Talking Forget about the UK; the gist is....

By jollywetfellow - sx Wed 04/09/19 21:46:26 GMT

Although MK is flying the UK flag (as he is of course entitled by birthright) the laws he is talking about are US laws, and my take on what he says is that X_Wet_X probably does have a copyright claim, and could require that his clip be removed from the video for sale (though I don't know why X_Wet_X would bother when he's not making any money from it himself anyway, and by posting the link to his own free video he has now ensured nobody will buy MK's video to get that clip so MK won't make any money from that clip either!).     

Why Mikey thinks X_Wet_X filmed his clip in the UK I have no idea - I think that one's from Latin America somewhere though quite a few of X_Wet_X's vids are from Russia just like MK's - you will recognise some of the fountains in his earlier ones.      And Mikey is also wrong about UK laws; whilst there is nothing here comparable to the Stop-a-Douchebag campaign there are numerous people posting videos on Youtube of poor road user behaviour in the UK, including people such as Cyclegaz, CyclingMikey [no relation, I assume?!] and Silvio Diego - and others on motorbikes whom I don't follow - who video the faces of offenders and often get them prosecuted from the video evidence.     So had X_Wet_X made the video in the UK he would not have been breaking any laws that I know of.    

Quite why MK puts fillers in at all is a bit of a mystery to me - I just find them an irritating distraction and detraction from the main subject which I bought the video for; what's so magic about 30 minutes rather than 28 minutes?

In reply to Message (78331.1.2.1) None Re:Your comment is weird X_Wet_X - read legal perspective here

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net gb Tue 03/09/19 20:17:41 GMT

Thanks for the clarification. To clarify a bit further, all the media posted on my websites is either subject to the 2257 laws regarding model releases or licensing agreements which are required to be held on file per 2257 document retention requirements and or they are subject to the 1998 DMCA laws (Digital Millenium Copyright Act) regarding copyright. The 2257 laws only relate to our modelling shoots and are not applicable to candid media. The DMCA laws apply to all media and there is a required procedure in place requiring hosters to takedown media if copyright claims are made, and we comply with all DMCA takedown requests (that is how our former sites at TheWambank and Topwam were managed, and how Youtube works today).

The Russian series is licensed by me from SG Productions in Moscow, who produce original material that is licensed thru Wamtec. Over 300 1hr and 30 minute videos have been produced by SG and  uploaded to my server. As Mikey says, and as X wet X  has highlighted, in 4-5 cases out of 300+ videos the SG videos may have 2-3 minutes of "filler" scenes at the end of the video. This was probably done in order to make each file 30 mins so, when there was 28 mins of video some Youtubes were added at the end to fill out the 30 mins. I do not edit the videos, I just post what SG sends to my server, so this is not something I monitor. I have 17 websites and over 23,000 videos posted and I post over 200 more videos each month to various sites, so these videos are just "spaghetti on a wall" and I just throw stuff up there and see what folks like or not.

I should mention that SG in Moscow has also made several contacts with other Youtubers this year as well, and has made deals to acquire their media, so the new 2019 season (just completed last week) will include media not only from Moscow, but from several other cameramen in other Russian cities. To anyone who thinks I am getting rich off candid wetlook media, just ask Ytsen about his Songkran water festival videos...e.g. 5 years of sales would not even pay for an airticket to fly to Thailand and the Russian series do not even cover the costs for my server or hiring Sergey and his crew. Kinda ironic that folks love to complain about a little guy with paltry sales when they are perfectly happy to give Youtube a free pass and they do not criticize Youtube for making 40 Billion per month in ad revenues from all the media they stream from Youtube uploaders.

You may have noticed, that I have now stopped posting The Russian Fountains pics to this forum and to UMD, and instead I just post a link to my Twitter feed and website galleries. That is because there are too many trolls and complainers these days on the forums, so I stopped posting imbedded pics, so only those people who wish to see my media now should visit my links. I should add that I post dozens of free videos to my Wamflix streaming site each month, and I giveaway hundreds of free downloads at the Megastore each month via my competition prizes as well.

The Megastore site is in full compliance with 2257 and DMCA regulations, and if there is a DMCA claim all one has to do is file a complaint per usual DMCA procedure and it will be acted upon swiftly

http://megastore.wamtec.com/2257.php

If you have a problem, just email me and I will take care of it.  My email address is plastered all over the place

This is why I am using this forum less and less these days, and preferring to use Twitter instead. I think I would like to revert to the way things used to be in the early 1990's ..i.e. no forums and I used to communicate with only those folks who are subscribed to my private email mailing list.

MK

In reply to Message (78331.1.2) Info Your comment is weird X_Wet_X - read legal perspective here

By MikeyPHX - us Tue 03/09/19 16:50:32 GMT

MK’s Russian series are all original content, except for when a batch ends from time to time and the short last remaining part of a vid is filled up by Youtubes, which maybe happened 5 times over the 200 plus volumes. So it’s more filler than part of the product and nobody ever had any problems with that. I’m not even sure if MK does this or his Russian photographers or editors. It’s never been a big deal, as clips are reuploaded etc numerous times. So I don’t see why you are making a fuss. Sure, technically under some more extreme copyright laws in some countries you may have a case, but as those are candids done and posted without the agreement of people in them, you technically broke laws first and much more than MK did if you see it that way. MK’s candid videos are made in RUSSIA, where laws state that all filming in public AND uploading videos filmed in public to sites (paid or free is legal). Which means that MK’s vids are totally legal. And also it means the Russian Stop Cham (Stop A Douchebag) channels on Youtube can exist and upload without the offenders agreement and any censorship. So generally Mk is totally obeying all laws while offering his products and is a Wetlook legend. I know you also have been here for a long time, but this outburst is very weird as taking a YouTube vid for filler is nothing legally compared to making such a vid in the UK and uploading it in the first place, as the UK has different laws than Russia...
In reply to Message (78331.1) Angry Contains stolen content

By X_Wet_X - X_Wet_X0@yahoo.de uu Tue 03/09/19 05:22:00 GMT

The video SGHD206 contains a scene of which is from one of my videos! I provided this videos (to which I hold the copyright) out of generosity for free on my youtube-channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eAIenqBr-E . I do not appreciate it that other people are making profit from my materials by selling it as their own!
In reply to Message (78331) Pictures 23 videos and a wetlook competition.

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net gb Mon 02/09/19 20:58:52 GMT

23 more videos added to the Megastore today, including 8 candid wetlook videos.

For those who like to play Wetlook Trivia Games, you can win a free download of your choice by naming at least 2 of the 4 famous actresses depicted in the wetlook competition photo posted @

https://twitter.com/WamtecTV

All the galleries and vids @ http://megastore.wamtec.com

MK

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
Clips4Sale

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.027 seconds to generate ]