minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Fri 19/04/24 00:49:53 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

Wetlook.Biz
Wetlook-Online

Message # 7771.2

Subject: Hello Please read this to avoid headaches.

Date: Fri 02/01/04 09:43:59 GMT

Name: Gooby uu

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
First off... if you have people connected to your machine right now you should pull the plug on the internet and get everything backed up.  Make sure your running virus protection... you can get a great FREE antivirus package at www.grisoft.com.  I would stay away from zonealarm.  I have had a ton of people call with me problems with that application.  

What you NEED to do is go to the store and by yourself a router.  50$ should do it... I normally recommened Netgear or Linksys.  They are fairly easy to setup but if you have any problems let me know and I can help.  The Router will provide  you with a more secure and stable firewall.

If you want to go to Windows 2000 as the others said you can do so without problems and WITHOUT formatting your hard drive by just running it as an upgrade.  Though if Windows 98 is working for you then I would stick with it.

In reply to Message (7771) Question Off topic- another techie question

By buddy - us Thu 01/01/04 13:28:13 GMT

I have DSL... About a year ago I started noticing that often when I powered down windows 98 it would say another computer was connected to mine.  So I got some freeware called "Net Sentinel" that apparently detects when these other computers connect, and lets me disconnect them.  

So, now, several times while I am online, Net Sentinel plays its warning tone, and I must boot "someone" off.  I don't think these other "people" are able to download anything, or access my HD in any way (it's not shared), but they are still apparently connected in some sense.  Whenever I boot someone, they reconnect again, usually around 5 minutes later, under a different "role"-  user, admininstrator, owner, [person's name], [blank], etc.  This usually continues 5 or 6 times, then the connector gives up.  This is really more of an annoyance than a danger IMO, but I am a bit curious-

Are these actual "people" who are attempting connect for some purpose, or is it some automatic function of some machine(s) somewhere?

Any good ideas of good software I can use to block this nonsense without excessively loading up my HD/ eating up my CPU's resources/ causing bugs/ problems with my web access?

Any hints from the tech savvy would be appreciated!

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.010 seconds to generate ]