Wetlook-Online

Message # 7771.1.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: Re: another thought

Date: Thu 01/01/04 16:08:03 GMT

Name: WETINRED us

Email: stekz@cableone.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
u might want to think about bying another h/d be it internal or external and back up ur datato place on the secondary and even install asecond copy of the OS onto it so if something should go wrong u will still have all ur data and the backup os u will not lose a thing

Hard drives and burners are dirt cheap Smokin

In reply to Message (7771.1.1) Idea Re: eeek still running 98??

By WETINRED - stekz@cableone.net us Thu 01/01/04 16:02:56 GMT

first think i would do is save any files u want, ie ur "My Documents" folder and hopefully u have a cd burner

Then I would try to find a copy of Win2000/WinXP  and get away from the Fat32 filing system (u have to reformat the hd)hence the saving of ur media cuz ur gonna lose it

Also save ur "favorites" and ur email address book ( u can do that on a floppy)

Trust me  u'll be much happier on the ntsf filing system

then the programs I would suggest for security are Ad-Aware and/or Spybot (I run both cuz they both find stuff the other doesn't) Zone Alarm is a good free firewall, but I have to shut it down to run my ftp. Sometimes, like MK says it's more a pain in the arse, than it does good

And of course ur Norton or whichever anti-virus program u want but u have to keep the definitions updated or else it doesn't do ya any good

And a good popup stopper and and a cookie manager

Plus MS is no longer providing support for win98 so there won't be and patches available anymore

U'll be suprised how clean u can run Wink Smile Peace Man

In reply to Message (7771.1) Hello You need a free firewall - and virus protection!

By #42 - us Thu 01/01/04 14:32:40 GMT

Sounds like you have a virus - or technically I think it is called a trojan.  You Need To Get Rid Of It - you have NO idea what these "actual people" are doing - if there is a trojan there, it can definitely be reading (and changing) your hard drive!  Most likely you are being used as a zombie machine.  If you have ANY highspeed internet access and don't have a firewall, You Wll Be "Owned" - usually in a matter of hours.

Are you running anti-virus software and are all your signature files up to date?  Probably not given the symptoms you are seeing.

First thing, go to http://www.pcpitstop.com/antivirus/AV.asp

and run their free virus scan.  You MUST use Internet Explorer and you must allow Active-X (which is the default for IE).

After you get rid of the virus, you MUST get a firewall.  Go to http://www.zonelabs.com and download their free software firewall: http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/free/1012_zl/zlsSetup_45_538.exe

And I strongly suggest that you get virus protection - either Norton or McAfee is good.  If you can afford DSL, you CANNOT afford not to have good virus protection.

In reply to Message (7771) Question Off topic- another techie question

By buddy - us Thu 01/01/04 13:28:13 GMT

I have DSL... About a year ago I started noticing that often when I powered down windows 98 it would say another computer was connected to mine.  So I got some freeware called "Net Sentinel" that apparently detects when these other computers connect, and lets me disconnect them.  

So, now, several times while I am online, Net Sentinel plays its warning tone, and I must boot "someone" off.  I don't think these other "people" are able to download anything, or access my HD in any way (it's not shared), but they are still apparently connected in some sense.  Whenever I boot someone, they reconnect again, usually around 5 minutes later, under a different "role"-  user, admininstrator, owner, [person's name], [blank], etc.  This usually continues 5 or 6 times, then the connector gives up.  This is really more of an annoyance than a danger IMO, but I am a bit curious-

Are these actual "people" who are attempting connect for some purpose, or is it some automatic function of some machine(s) somewhere?

Any good ideas of good software I can use to block this nonsense without excessively loading up my HD/ eating up my CPU's resources/ causing bugs/ problems with my web access?

Any hints from the tech savvy would be appreciated!

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.030 seconds to generate ]