Wetlook-Online

Message # 7575.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: Re: Another Tech Question

Date: Tue 23/12/03 03:26:24 GMT

Name: MK us

Email: wamtec@compuserve.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

In the USA, the layman's term most often used for making a backup copy (for personal use only) of any record, video or piece of software you have purchased is called "fair use".

and I certainly have no problems with that concept.

Gee...you remember my SSS videos being in the movies unlimited catalog...that was 10 years ago. FYI...we sold off the rights to the early SSS videos to Movies Unlimited for next to nothing...mainly cos they have a huge catalog of 14,000 videos and the 2nd largest distribution network in the USA. It was worth it to give them those videos...cos in the pre internet days...folks would only find out about us thru their catalog...and then once they found us...we could offer them many other videos that Movies Unlimited were not carrying. I am glad that you found us thru their network.

mk

In reply to Message (7575.1) Hello Re: Another Tech Question

By Kev - kev@styx-photography.com gb Mon 22/12/03 19:26:37 GMT

Excellent idea to burn DVD's as an archive- ensure that you have the software that allows you to burn DVD's that are viewable through a domestic DVD player and TV- some burners only come with the minimum of software which will only allow you to burn data DVD's.

To the strict letter of the law you are probably violating copyright, however I think the lawyers have a term- "de minimis" (trifling or legally insignificant)- so I would go ahead and do it.

In reply to Message (7575) Hello Another Tech Question

By Hawk - uu Mon 22/12/03 15:43:03 GMT

I hate to be a bother but you guys know a lot more about this sort of stuff than anyone I know.  I have a huge inventory of various profesional wetlook tapes I have accumulated over the years (I remember the first tims I saw SSS and WSM tapes in a Movies Unlimited catalog, I was hooked forever).  I have a considerable investment in some really excellent material, and time is catching up with these VHS tapes.  I am thinking about buying a DVD recorder to save all this stuff onto DVD's, supposedly a more durable medium.  As DVD recorders are getting pretty reasonable in price, and blank DVD's are reasonable to buy as well, is this worthwhile?  Can I put multiple tapes onto one DVD (they always sell DVD's with two hours of a movie plus a bunch of extra scenes, etc on them, so they must have a huge capacity).  

Thanks to the excellent advice I got from this forum (thanks, MK) I have captured some of my tapes to MPEG format, it is really useful in editing captured TV scenes, but for just straight recording of old pro tapes I think I might be better off burnung DVD's.

Also, this might be a touchy subject, but am I violating copyrights by doing this?  I bought all my stuff fair and square, either straight from the producers or from legit dealers, and I go way out of my way to support most any producer of wet material, but I don't want to run afoul of any protocols. Of course, anything I do record will be for my use only, no reproduction for any other purposes.  I look upon it as preservation of investment.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.056 seconds to generate ]