MyWetloook

Message # 75169.2.1.1

Subject: None Re: This forum has not been one for a long time

Date: Fri 09/11/18 02:12:25 GMT

Name: MK gb

Email: wamtec@comcast.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Well, historically things have always been this way since 1996, and same goes for the UMD site for wet & messy fans set up in 1998, and same goes for the Styx forums that were created in the early 2000's......i.e. wetlook fan postings and wetlook producer postings have always co-existed together in the same forums.

The only forum I know of that does things the way you folks are suggesting....i..e segregating the fan postings for discussions and stories from the producer promo postings into separate sub forums is the Underwater Fans forum, which is located at Aquafans.net which has sub forums separating the fan postings from the producer postings. On the Aquafans forums they have specific rules that say the producers can only post to the produicers sub-form, and they cannot post to the discussions forum unless they are discussing a topic of interest. It has been this way since the Aquafans forum was created in 1996. However since many producers are also the financial supporters of the Aquafans forum via paying for ad banners on the forum, then if this forum were to change to a similar system then the business expense model for the site would need to change. On the Aquafans forum there are regular pledge drives to pay for the monthly hostings of the forum. Most of that is borne by the producers, and users who do not want to see banners and therefore users have to upgrade to a paid premium  membership that hides all the ad banners.  

Similarly this forum has to pay $350 per month for it's server and hosting costs and the fans are not the ones providing financial support for this forum, Nigel and the producers are. So....when you consider the options...which would you prefer....

A) A totally free forum that is funded by Nigel and some of the producers, and in exchange for a free forum for fans you have to put up with some banners and producers postings....or...

B) A forum that offers people the option for an ad-free forum (hidden banners) where all producers are required to use a producer avatar that hides all their postings (or segregates them to a separate sub forum for producers) and that option is offered if you upgrade your user profile to a premium membership and for $5 per momth all producer related stuff disappears.

I know that Nigel does not want to change the way things have always been....so nothing is likely to change. However, I think a small compromise can be reached by asking the producers to

a) use a special producers icon for their postings, so that thiose folks who do not want to see those items can easily spot them and ignore those threads

b) If producers are commingled with fan posts then I would like to see more restraint from Producers and etiquette rules followed.....e..g. on the UMD forum they have an etiquette rule that says producers should limit their promotions to no more that 1 promotion or 1 posting per day ...because 1 producer post on any day is not spam, but 3-4 postngs by the same producer on the same day can be called spam.. That etiquette is observed by the producers on the UMD forum.....but on this forum there are often several separate postings from the same producer every day....which is part of the problem. It would be nice if producers (me included) would post no more than 1 promotion per day...because some restraint needs to be exercised for sake of the fans.

That is my 2 cents

MK  

In reply to Message (75169.2.1) Hello Re: This forum has not been one for a long time

By Malvineous - mrnemesis@ntlworld.com gb Thu 08/11/18 23:12:19 GMT

I guess it depends what you mean by "forum".

To my mind, a forum is a place for discussion, which this site is not. You may spark a few responses, but in-depth discussion and debate doesn't work here, as most people won't get involved. (Whether this has ever changed, I don't know; so far as I can recollect, it has not.)

In terms of commercial vs candid (and personal candid vs produced candid) vs personal, I consider that to be a wholly separate issue. This balance may well have changed, but that should be framed as a different observation.

This site is less of a forum than itis a link posting site, be that personal or commercial. Without having a post-free thumbs up button, you have the problem that if everyone who is thankful were to respond as such, you'd flood out the site.

I've yet to see an actual wetlook discussion forum, as the Styx forum was worse -- too many humourless people there.

In reply to Message (75169.2) None Re: This forum has not been one for a long time

By sask - saskprowler6200@gmail.com uu Thu 08/11/18 22:33:31 GMT

Nigel does everything for us and because of Nigel we all come here and share a common intrest,Nigel is our freind and we all will defend him So if you dont like the way Nigel runs the forum plz go elsewhere.
In reply to Message (75169) None This forum has not been one for a long time

By Anonymous - uu Thu 08/11/18 16:18:25 GMT

This forum has not been one for a long time

This forum is rather a spam box for so-called  "wetlook producers"

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
Clips4Sale

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.046 seconds to generate ]