Wetlook-Online

Message # 7500

Subject: Wow Memories (longish post!)

Date: Thu 18/12/03 12:41:48 GMT

Name: Fishy gb

Email: mjartpho@yahoo.co.uk

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
Can you recall your wetlook thoughts, sightings or experiences from days gone by? Do you have a clear memory of pictures, films or incidents you saw long ago?

My schooldays were in the 1960's in the UK. I clearly remember my intense dislike of incidents on children's television when male presenters got "accidentally" drenched. Then one day I saw a GIRL get wet! It was at the start of a serial imported from somewhere in Europe, overdubbed in English. It was in black and white, and a rather old-fashioned children's tale. All I remember is a naughty young girl toppling into a lily pond, and clutching the stained and dripping long extravagant skirts of her white dress as she clambered out and hurried away. On this occasion I bravely clenched my teeth and put up with seeing the indignity. How little I realised that such a spectacle would one day be so compelling!

As a non-swimmer I was relegated to watching the school gala rather than participating. One year there was a dressed-up race. School blouses and skirts, and they were for the boys! The poor fellow who jumped the gun drew an almighty titter from the spectators as he clambered out of the pool for the re-start. His skirt was dark, glistening and pasted to his legs. I vaguely wondered what it felt like.

There was always the crazy "It's a knockout" to watch on TV, but I had little interest in seeing the contestants struggle against all odds on the ludicrous contraptions. Water was a key element of course, the primary hindrance to and ultimate recipient of most of the participants. Does anyone else out there remember it?

Fashion featured regularly in the Daily Telegraph colour magazine, published on Fridays in the late 1960's and early 1970's. The most memorable fashion article for me was when they took floaty summer dresses into a really romantic location - underwater - with the aid of a model who had a strong pair of lungs. I recall her name as Cathy Sheriff, and that she had weights attached to her feet to help her to overcome her buoyancy. These pictures made a ìdeepî impression on me. I was intrigued by the concept of risking such beautiful and hideously expensive dresses in the sea.

One day an old black and white movie on TV had a scene with a girl, American I think, wandering around a fairground that was being assembled. She decided to take a rest in a seat on the Ferris wheel. The maintenance men set the thing going for half a revolution, then stopped it to make adjustments, leaving the girl high and dry, or rather high and...

You guessed, there was a clap of thunder, and we saw her clutch at her mass of white skirts with an agonised expression on her face as the deluge commenced. Then, as is so often the case in films and TV, the scene is cut and we're deprived of the pleasure of seeing the full effect of the water.

Early 1970's. Work. There was a girl who commented on how much she liked the rain, even being out in it. This remark was prompted by a downpour outside. "All right if youíve got a good waterproof overcoat" I replied, meaning quite the opposite but not daring to admit it. Her reply that she much preferred to be just in her dress or blouse and skirt made me intensely regret that she was inseparable from her long-term boyfriend.

"I don't want to get my skirt wet!" It was spoken by one of at least two young girls who had decided to flout convention by changing into not out of their long black skirts with bikini tops for a bathe in the river. Her protest came during those deliciously intense moments when a girl wavers on the brink between getting crazily soaked and staying sensibly dry. As I was out with my wife, hanging around to gawp was not an option! I think this was in 1976, year of the hot summer, when I managed to get a shot of people cooling off in the Trafalgar Square fountains. I took two pictures on the pretext of just recording the general scene. How I longed for a powerful telephoto lens, and more time.

In the September 1978 Amateur Photographer magazine in the UK ran a set of pictures by a Derek Rossenrode (unsure of exact spelling) who was based in South Africa. The cover shot was a mesmerising image of a girl gazing down at the saturated white cotton tunic style top that was plastered to her. I attempted at making a pencil drawing copy, altering the garment into a longer white dress as per my preference.

1978 was also the year of the petticoat, shown off by fashionable girls as a flouncy edge of white fancy trimming below the hemline of a fluttering skirt. That particular fashion statement has never, in my humble opinion, ever been surpassed. Some time after that year a sexy calendar appeared on a colleagueís workshop wall. For one glorious month, here was not one but three girls showing off their petticoats, having dispensed with their dresses altogether. They were very best kind, long white cotton with pretty eyelet scallop-edges, frills and little lace bows. Topless too, the girls were cooling each other off from their water pitchers at a well by a mountain pathway. Backlit droplets twinkle in the sunshine and tantalisingly translucent cotton underskirts are plastered over hips revealing that no other garments are worn underneath! Can anyone think of a better use for mountain well water?

A jokey calendar from the same period had three girls and two men at their "office", located in a swimming pool. "The typing pool" was the unsurprising title, and whilst one man read the paper and another lurked underwater in full diving kit, a girl sat on her desk, her petticoat showing below her flowery cotton skirt which swirled in the water. Another lady was supposedly typing, most of her business suit submerged, and the third stood at the pool edge, her floating white "full circle" skirt doing a wonderful water-lily impression.

At about the same time a somewhat surprising picture was published in a local guide book. Down a familiar street walked a lady, virtually alone in what is usually a very busy place. Sheís smiling broadly, enjoying the moment of being photographed. The street looks wet. And so does her dress! It's a plain "shirtwaister" style, one of my favourite kinds, and it's definitely had a good soaking in the rain. It's just about the biggest picture in the whole of the book too - I wonder who took it and why it was included?

With the 1980s came the pop video phenomenon, well known for wet scenes. Best of the early ones was Rod Stewart's "Tonight I'm Yours", filmed at night at a swimming pool where bathing suits were definitely of the skirt and blouse variety. Smartly dressed ladies tussle with each other in and out of the water. I only ever saw it once, but recently managed to see it on the internet. The definition was too poor to make out any detail, and now I can't even find this low-res version let alone a copy of better quality. Another pop video was something, I think, called "Going Loco down in Acapulco". I recall a girl in a gorgeous fairytale white ballerina skirt dress being unceremoniously pushed into a swimming pool.

Ah, memories! If you've read this far you may be recalling memories of your own. Memories to share perhaps? Who knows, someone out there may even have recognised some of my finds.

Films, advertising and fashion magazines still give us the treats we seek. So does the internet, thanks to the efforts of many, to whom I say a big thank you and Happy Christmas.

Fishy

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.016 seconds to generate ]