WetlookPro

Message # 743.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: Re: Non wetlook question to a video producer

Date: Wed 30/10/02 19:05:18 GMT

Name: byrce uu

Email: brycepunk1@earthlink.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
I don't know about shaky cameras (I hate that too) but I think the whole "let's throw away the tripod-thing began with mTV's Real World. I guess the idea was to have everything look ameteur, and therefore every angle is 45 degrees from the knee and of half a guy's head... I guess someone out there likes this because EVERYTHING on televison is doing this now (and the super-close-up, the black-and-white fade, the double split-screen, the half-head interview, and the vibrating camera you're talking about. I don't watch much televison as it is (I gave it up during the OJ Simpson trial for the most part) but these camera techniques have driven me from most movies as well (as well as the pointless over-doing of computer special effects and the matrix-style spinning camera-thing... though I did like it in the matrix).

I'd like to hope it's a fad, but it's been going on for years now. And can someone tell me why every other photo in a magazine or advertisement has the model holding their jaw wide open, as if I am supposed to feel griped by their excitement over the product by examining their dental work... Has anybody else noticed this? Grr...

Sorry, this is a nerve.

-bryce

In reply to Message (743.1) Thumbs Down Re: Non wetlook question to a video producer

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Wed 30/10/02 15:57:06 GMT

I know exactly what you mean and I hate it too.

When NYPD Blue first started, I thought it was one of the best shows of its genre on TV. The shaky camera effect they used (and seemed to pioneer) wasn't a big issue for some of the scenes where you're not quite sure what's going to happen next - action scenes, etc. Trouble was, they went overboard... the entire show was shot "shaky camera" style, and I found that to be distracting and actually very tiring to watch... so much so that I eventually gave up on it. No matter how good the scripts, acting or direction may have been, it just wasn't worth suffering through a solid hour (less commercial breaks) of all that shaking around.

I've noticed that it's been picked up in other places as well (as you point out). As I said above, my theory is that it's supposed to make you think that the action and dialog is unscripted - that the camera operator has no idea what's going to happen next, and is just trying to keep up. As a result, you as the viewer as supposed to become more engaged in the show. We all know everything is scripted pretty much down to the last detail, and all that annoying camera shake is just the latest dramatic device Hollywood has glommed on to in their own "arms race" competition for viewership. Evidently, Madison Avenue has picked up on it for their own "arms race" to draw your attention to their advertising messages.

Despite appearance to the contrary, my hope is that it is just a fad which will eventually wear off, or at least be used sparingly.

In reply to Message (743) Hello Non wetlook question to a video producer

By RM - uu Wed 30/10/02 15:23:27 GMT

Sorry to get off topic but since this is the only place I know where producers contribute perhaps one of them could answer this.  What is the deal on network shows and commercials where they purposely jiggle the camera?  I don't understand why they do this.  In commercials it looks like they hired a 3 year old to hold the camera... very unprofessional.   I just saw an episode of West Wing where they are inside the White House (presumably removed from the infulence of strong winds and earthquakes) and the picture is jumping around.  I don't get it.  What is with this technique?   Once again sorry for getting off topic.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.027 seconds to generate ]