Wetlook-Online

Message # 7392.1.1.1.1.1

Subject: Hello Re: before you buy a card..that info is on site. [nt]

Date: Fri 12/12/03 23:47:47 GMT

Name: hadimassa nl

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

(no text)
In reply to Message (7392.1.1.1.1) Hello before you buy a card...

By Kev - kev@styx-photography.com gb Fri 12/12/03 20:05:35 GMT

Go to the manufacturers web site and check that it's compatible with your make of motherboard. I know several people (myself included) who have had problems with this. Pinacle are (in my opinion) the worst offenders for this- often conflicting with motherboard and/or graphics card. You sometimes have to go through a routine of swapping you PCI cards from slot to slot to get them to work. I spent 6 months trying to get a DV500 card to work- and gave up without capturing a single frame of footage.

However I've heard nothing but good things about the ATI cards available- a good bet.

I've also heard of mixed results with Dazzle- some people have had excellent results, other people have had serious problems.

Usually, the best bet is to go for the line input on a digital8 camcorder- if your camcorder has "DV in" enabled it's likely you should be able to do as Mark suggested. The only problem is if you are in the European Union- as many camcorders have this facility disabled as it reduces the amount of import duty placed on the camcorder- best to check before you buy.

In reply to Message (7392.1.1.1) Info http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPage_n.asp?Product_ID=103&Langue_ID=7 [nt]

By hadimassa - nl Fri 12/12/03 18:17:43 GMT

(no text)
In reply to Message (7392.1.1) Hello Thank you!

By Hawk - uu Fri 12/12/03 16:32:08 GMT

That's exactly the sort of advice I was looking for.  People apparently do it all the time, but it's news to me.  thanks again, I'll give it a whirl.  
In reply to Message (7392.1) Hello Re: Technical Question, Sorry

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Fri 12/12/03 15:44:06 GMT

There are several ways you can do this. You can either install a capture card such as an ATI All in Wondercard, or you can buy an external digitizer box such as the Hollywood bridge product made by www.dazzle.com (I have one and they work just great)

Internal capture boards or external capture & digitizer boxes can cost you anywhere from $50 to $150...all of these will allow you to hook your analog vhs vcr to capture and digitize the video to your pc....HOWEVER...more recently...there is a new way you can capture old analog vhs tapes to your pc...without requiring an internal analog capture card or an external device....IF...you have one of the newer model digital8 or miniDV camcorders that have the feature called "signal pass thru". This is a feature that is now on most of the digital8 and minidv camcorders in the mid range models.

What this does is...it allows you to connect an analog video signal to your digital8/mini Dv camcorder...i.e. thru the normal red white and yellow composite video/audio inputs....and the video signal can "pass thru" the camcorder...and it digitizes that signal as it passes thru the camcorder...and it then that signal comes out of the camcorder as a digital video signal that you can then connect to a i394 firewire dv  input port on your pc.

So...you can connect an analog vhs vcr or old hi8 or 8mm camcorder to a digital 8 camcorder...via composite av cables...and then you connect your digital8 camcorder to your pc via a firewire cable...and therefore the vhs video signal passese thru your digital camcorder, converts from analog to digital video, and then captures that you your pc that way.

Those are the 3 main ways to capture video...i.e. either install an internal analog capture card on your pc...or...use an external analog to video convertor box like those made by dazzle...or..use a "pass thru" device like a digital camcorder to pass the signal from the vcr to the camcorder to the pc that way.

Once you have the video captured on your pc...you will need to have some video editing or dvd burning software on your pc to author dvds or cdrs.

MK

In reply to Message (7392) Hello Technical Question, Sorry

By Hawk - uu Fri 12/12/03 12:02:13 GMT

Just looking for what's probably a bonehead answer.  I am interested in trying to burn .avi or .wmv files from some VHS tapes.  I'm fairly savvy on doing stuff but I don't even know where to begin, what sort fo connection to get to hook up vcr to computer  etc.  I've a bunch of old tapes (fifteen-twenty years old) and I dont know how long they'll remain viable.  I'd like to burn at least the key scenes from them onto cd before they wilt with age.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.038 seconds to generate ]