minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Thu 28/03/24 22:00:02 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

MyWetloook

Message # 7313

Subject: Info Kev (Styx) has asked me to post this ...

Date: Tue 09/12/03 02:44:33 GMT

Name: Graham (UK) gb

Email: graham@styxwetworld.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
Kev cannot connect to the Net for a few more days as he is "between ISPs" and working away from home this week. I've been keeping him updated with what's being said on this forum and he's asked me to post this. Incidentally, it echoes my sentiments too ......

------------------

It starts off with friends sharing material that they have produced. Years ago David Wilkey and I use to do this - along with several other people. This is a good way of seeing wetlook material, as all the burden isn't shoudered by one person within a group. So imagine about 10 or more friends all producing material and sharing it with each other - it's a great idea. However as time goes on, more and more people come along and want to see what you have produced. Many of them don't have the expertise/time/resources to produce material in return. All they can offer is some money to help keep the project going.

Styx has operated like that for years. I have shared my work with other people who have shared with me. Even now, people who make contributions or who help in some way get free membership to the site. However there are hundreds and hundreds who want to see what we now produce - few produce their own material, but in return for seeing our material they contribute money to keep things going. It's this symbiotic relationship that seems to satisfy many people, but not everyone it seems. It appears that some want to share in what a few people produce, but are not willing to produce material to share themselves or to give a little money to help finance the projects. These people are really selfish, wanting to take but not put anything back.

I appreciate that there is some history of paysites charging outrageous prices for a small, and often low quality, return. However this criticism cannot be levelled at Styx - love or hate our material. Few people can honestly complain that we are a rip-off site. By the end of our first year of running (in January 04) there will have been 164 complete movies and photosets on the site. The site can be joined for $99 for the year, so the cost of a set of pictures or movie is only 60 cents each (or 35p in UK money). We have tried to make wetlook both affordable to the community and the highest quality we can attain. In addition Graham and I spend on average 35-40 hours per week in doing all this. We don't think that many true wetlook fans will begrudge paying only 60 cents for a movie or photoset. We have to cover the costs of what we do, otherwise we wouldn't be able to continue running and producing material.

I really think you have to make the distinction between those who are exploiting the wetlook community members by charging high prices for only a little and those sites who are striving to produce something worthwhile for a large group of fans and only charging a nominal amount to cover running costs.

I personally (and I know Graham does too) find this general castigation of paysites to be deeply insulting. We work bloody hard to do our best for wetlook fans and charge very little for doing it. In addition, besides the Styx paysite, we have a freesite plus through the auspices of GrayHost/Graham many wet and messy sites are hosted for free or at very low cost. In addition, much material from Styx is passed to free sites for sharing with the wider community.

It appears that many who clamour for free stuff are usually at the back of the queue when it comes to their turn to do something for the community. My take on the situation is: if you cannot or will not produce something of your own to share with everyone, the least you can do is to contribute something back into the community that permits the "doers" to continue producing the material so many people want to see. But to just take and offer nothing back, means you are not truely members of a community - you are in fact parasites within it.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
Clips4Sale

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.026 seconds to generate ]