minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Fri 29/03/24 05:42:36 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

Wetlook-Online
Wetlook-Online

Message # 7259.5.1.1.2

Subject: Hello Re: Re: LOTS OF WRONG ANWERS IN THIS THREAD.

Date: Sun 07/12/03 05:42:56 GMT

Name: Gooby uu

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

When you buy the USB flash drive make sure it comes with Win95 drivers.  You shouldn't have to worry about compatablity with either system if it says that.  I did a search on the internet and found some that did support win95B and some that didn't.  You could also get a USB hard drive as suggested... but you need to watch out for the same problem of it being compatible with Win95B.
In reply to Message (7259.5.1.1) Question Re: LOTS OF WRONG ANWERS IN THIS THREAD.

By Don - us Sat 06/12/03 22:37:04 GMT

Thanks. My old computer does have USB ports but I already know that they are not compatible with newer ones. The Dell h/w I bought came with USB cable and Parallel cable. Said if old computer was Win95 to use parallel cable only even if it had USB ports. That's when the IE4.01 issue came up. There must be some file in later versions of IE that the computer uses in moving data. Maybe sets up a quasi internet connection. I don't have any idea.

I have thought of buying a CD writer as mentioned by MK but my experience has been that a lot of stuff just never works on this computer. But I can always return it.

Problem with USB Flash is that they may not take it back if the two USB's are not compatible.

In reply to Message (7259.5.1) Hello LOTS OF WRONG ANWERS IN THIS THREAD.

By Gooby - uu Sat 06/12/03 14:38:10 GMT

Just wanted to make sure Don had the right answers here.  

1. Windows 95B supports USB

2.  Windows 95 has full support for Client/Server and peer to peer networks.

Personally, for non-techie I think the easiest thing to do would be to pick up a USB compact flash drive (assuming you have Windows 95B with USB support.)  Plug that in along with the drive and it will come up as a drive letter in "my computer" and you can just drag and drop the files over.  It would only cost you around 50$.

Another method would be to just buy a USB floppy drive for you new computer, again around 50$.  Depending on the size of your collection though that might take a serious amount of time to do.

This is the stuff I do everyday at work... so if you have any more questions or need any help let me know.

In reply to Message (7259.5) Hello Re: Off topic tech ques. Save my wetlook collection?

By Walt - us Sat 06/12/03 13:35:06 GMT

I just went a similar route. I connected my original IDE HD to the slave port of the HD cable on the new PC, set the jumper & transfered over 5 GB to the new HD (I then put it on a NEW storage drive installed right afterwards).

Since BIOS is set for a particular boot order, the second HD, even though it has a boot sector & files will not cause problems unless BIOS is changed to look at the second drive first.

It may take a bit of time to swap files, but it works. The IDE controller slowed down to the slowest drive speed for both drives. Moving from the 'system' HD to the new storage drive went much faster!!! Windows Explorer was what I used to swap. That way, IE is not an issue.

Just remember to see what jumper settings are required (cable-select vs. master/slave).

No, Win 95 will NOT support USB of any type without a rather difficult to get patch. Getting a cheap Ethernet card to slip into a PCI slot may be another option. Best Buy has them for under $10. They come with a driver floppy that has Win 95 drivers. Just look at the box to verify that that model card comes with '95 drivers.

If you do the HD swap, UNPLUG the computer power cord before performing any work!!!! The newer computers maintain power in too many places even when "shut down". Follow static precautions.

In reply to Message (7259) Hello Off topic tech ques. Save my wetlook collection?

By Don - us Sat 06/12/03 07:56:16 GMT

My old computer just refuses any kind of upgrade. I spent almost 8 hours yesterday trying to download and install IE4.01 but it just would not work. I got a new laptop and wanted to transfer the files from the old one but ran into a snag because it had such an old version of IE. The transfer gizmo I got from Dell requires at least IE4.01 on the old computer as does hooking up a parallel cable and running as a network using the WinXP disk. (I used Netscape for all the years and never upgraded IE.)

My old one does not have a CD writer and the new one no floppy.

I am at the point where I am emailing the very best pictures I got from member sites to myself at a second email acct. And now am considering an X-Drive acct. But either way transferring 1.3 gig will take months and my old computer is getting very cranky. It is hard to get booted up and won't last much longer.

Local places will transfer the data for $70 but how embarrassing would that be!!!

If there is another way to do this that I am ignorant of I would be forever in anyones debt who can point it out.

I cannot imagine loosing my wetlook pics. Some sites are still up and I could get the pictures back but most of the sites are now gone.

Thanks for any ideas.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.015 seconds to generate ]