WetlookPro

Message # 6720.2

Subject: Hello Pittsburgh...

Date: Sun 02/11/03 06:22:34 GMT

Name: Sammy us

Email: spudge93@lycos.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

If you ever should find yourself in Pittsburgh, PA (because no one would ever actually plan a trip there otherwise--why in the world would you want to?), There are a couple nice, relatively new "people-oriented" fountains.

The newest and best one by far is the PPG Plaza fountain, downtown...it's shaped like a diamond and is computer-controlled.  While it's usually little kids playing, there are often adults on weekends, evenings, and before and after sporting events.  It's a shame that none of the workers from the surrounding office buildings have seen fit to jump in that I've seen, but what the hey...:-)

The second best one is the "Water Steps" next to PNC Park...as the name implies, a big rock staircase with water flowing down it.  Like the first one it's mostly little kids, and adults usually in swimsuits, but it's still worth checking out, again particularly before and after Pirates games.

That's mostly it as far as my hometown...the huge fountain at the Point has signs posted all over it saying "No swimming/wading/fun," so sadly that's out...very occaisionally, some college students will take a dip in the Schenley fountain across the street from the library in Oakland...but not often.

In reply to Message (6720) Hello People-friendly fountains?

By Sopping - us Sun 02/11/03 04:23:17 GMT

The really great series of Paris fountain pix taken by many contributors here have set me to a-wonderin'.

As I simplify things, there appear to be two major categories of fountains. The massive, park-setting ornamental fountain, and the people-friendly jets as shown in Paris.

In the latter, there appear to be minimal restrictions, but the former ranges from "acceptance" of authorities at times of celebration or heat-wave (e.g. Trafalgar); to the total "keep-out" policies: Rome's Trevi; the DC FDR Memorial; and many many others. I once talked the National Park Police to grant me a "permit" to take pix at the Banneker fountain in L'Enfant Plaza Washington, (remember my "VIckie" series? I was never able to get it renewed.

But aside from the Atlanta Olympic festival fountain (also with people-friendly jets), can anyne come up with other flat, jet-type fountains where people can play without worrying about the cops? I am not including paid-admission parks, (Universal) where sometimes this can be done.

Of course, an advantage of the flat, jet type fountain is that there is no "bowl" in which broken glass has been known to lurk.

Just passing thoughts.

S:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.018 seconds to generate ]