minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Fri 19/04/24 21:07:04 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

Wetlook-Online
Wetlook-Online

Message # 66331.4.1.1.1.1.1

Subject: Square Re:Very important to me, too!

Date: Thu 21/01/16 13:05:29 GMT

Name: EdR us

Email: asplashofglamour@gmail.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Thank you, we'll look into it

Sincerely EdR

In reply to Message (66331.4.1.1.1.1) None Re:Very important to me, too!

By Malvineous - mrnemesis@ntlworld.com gb Wed 20/01/16 22:27:59 GMT

The Vidown site is captioned "Welcome to the SOG Photoset Download Store", where "SOG Photoset" is simply a circular link back to the same site: it's not a link back to ASOG. You can get to Vidown from the sample pages, but you can't get to the samples from Vidown. So if you find something by tag on Vidown, you can't get to any samples. Worse, if you go from a sample page to Vidown and click Add to cart, then go to another sample page and thence to Vidown and click Add to cart, you have two separate Vidown sessions with two separate carts! It's all horribly disjointed, so no, having a page number at the top of the page is absolutely no excuse for a page bar that doesn't tell you the current page like it should.

Vidown is a barely necessary evil — I am glad to see producers moving away from it, as it's clumsy, awkward and the developer appears to have intentionally broken access to download managers out of spite by randomly misreporting the size of downloads (cf HTTP headers Content-Length and Range). It may be a bug, but the contempt he vomited out after I reported leaves me wondering how such a bug could be an accident. In honesty it probably is, though.

I am also suspicious of the argument that, since a whole site is exclusively in a single language, it would therefore be incorrect practice to add a feature in that language. The rest of the site isn't knowingly translated, so what's the harm of adding one more extra? (And tags are trivially translatable via a simple database join: "SELECT tag_name FROM tags JOIN tag_names USING (tag_id) WHERE session_language = ?", with tags being language-localisable.) Funny thing is, I don't speak Japanese but, since I work with Japanese sites, I was really chuffed to recognise the Japanese word for "series" in kana. For some reason I find CJK harder to mentally process than Cyrillic, which inherently makes a lot more sense: I only had to look at Cyrillic for a little while before I could instantly recognise most common Russian given names with little to no conscious effort.

In reply to Message (66331.4.1.1.1) Note Re:Very important to me, too!

By EdR - asplashofglamour@gmail.com us Wed 20/01/16 13:33:39 GMT

Malvineous;

One of the difficulties of selling images to a broad world-wide market is communicating in different languages. Not everyone speaks in English. So how do you communicate, what you have to sell, to a market which doesn't speak in your language? You can use a translation program, which has a lot to be desired or you can communicate with pictures, such as pictograms. The samples I offer logically indicate by a glance, things such as wet hair or other details or elements, our customers might be interested in, for example this sample…..

I understand that there can be "vagueness" in using samples to communicate what the content of each set includes, but we find this to be the best form of communicating what our images have to offer, by a glance. If you like the sample images and take the next step and click into the store, here you will find info about the set and tags to find other sets similar to the one you might be interested in, as you can see here; http://vidown.com/cgi/store2.pl?site=sogphotoset.com

-I realize, I don't have a tag specifically for "wet hair" but I'll begin to add them.

We try to make it as easy as possible to show you what to expect from one of our photo sets, and if this isn't enough, and you want more info or specific details about our sets, we have a 24hr/7day per week hotline that you can contact us by; asplashofglamour@gmail.com

I can't speak on behalf of other producers, but obviously, there isn't consistancy between each producer, for the simple reason, we all do things quite differently. What we try to do is indicate what to expect via the samples and in the store and you are always welcome to contact us, we always love a good chat!

"I'm still waiting for ASOG to manage to indicate what number page I'm in the page bar :P"

The page bar is on the bottom of the page. The indicator to tell you what page you're on is at the top, just above the set samples. Hope you have a great day

Sincerely EdR

In reply to Message (66331.4.1.1) None Re:Very important to me, too!

By Malvineous - mrnemesis@ntlworld.com gb Tue 19/01/16 21:27:36 GMT

Well, a lack of wet hair in the preview pictures doesn't logically indicate that there will be no wet hair in the full photo set. In the case of ASOG, there may indeed be such a direct correspondence, but typically producers make no effort to indicate what to expect from a set, and even if there is an exception, there's no consistency between producers. That's where tags come in handy: you can indicate what to expect without needing to reveal everything (and not everything can be covered in a small number of sample images) and it provides a search/filter structure for future customers to locate what they seek.

I'm still waiting for ASOG to manage to indicate what number page I'm in the page bar :P

In reply to Message (66331.4.1) None Re:Very important to me, too!

By EdR - asplashofglamour@gmail.com uu Sun 17/01/16 23:23:13 GMT

Malvineous, from the perspective of a customer, yes, buying photos is a gamble. Likewise, every set we produce is a gamble for us, because, before we make a dime on any set, we have already spent a bunch of money and ideally we would sell several copies just to break even. Sadly this isn't the case. Some sets don't always sell well and we don't break even. The way we survive is produce enough images that collectively we make enough to remain in business.

We try to reduce the "gamble" for you, our customers by providing samples with just enough of the things most customers request without giving away the store. When it comes to wet hair shots, our samples should make it clear enough, that the models hair is sufficiently drenched, for those customers who like wet hair. Of course not every set will feature wet hair, just as not every set will feature a specific style of shoe, for those into that aspect of wetlook.

We try to produce as wide a variety of images to appeal to the broadest customer base as we can while staying within our own style of imagery. Of course, if you have questions about a certain set, or you have ideas, requests, or anything. You are welcome to send email.

Sincerely

EdR

In reply to Message (66331.4) Talking Very important to me, too!

By Malvineous - mrnemesis@ntlworld.com gb Fri 15/01/16 00:00:14 GMT

One of the problems I find with wetlook producers is that most of them don't take wet hair seriously. It seems to mean nothing to them. It's not possible to tell from the either the category tags associated with a set, or the preview images, whether the model will actually get her hair wet at all. Sometimes, it starts out dry and ends up damp, with the soaking wet phase completely omitted (e.g. a picture set I recently purchased from Wetlooker) – how can you even stuff up like that?

I do realise that wet hair poses a problem for photographers, as it needs to be dry for the next scene, but as such we need to know which sets to buy and which to avoid. Tag-based categorisation is a great way to handle this (tagging sets with "wet hair", "braless", "socks", "dress" etc) but few people ever utilise such a scheme to help potential customers select desirable sets.

Buying wetlook sets from most producers (Wetlooker, A Splash of Glamour etc) is always a gamble, and so often a disappointment, most commonly over the dry hair. There are not many producers who insist on wet hair, but Erik Elsas is one, who ensures that wet hair lovers get loads and loads of wet hair shots/footage. However, his choice of setting, clothing etc is limited and it's hard to find the same standard of work, but with a different nationality of model, different outfits, different pool etc.

In reply to Message (66331) Hello ?

By will - us Thu 14/01/16 19:33:52 GMT

I know everyone here obviously enjoys women in wet clothes but curious if wet hair is important...to me it is...I enjoy women with nice hair styles getting wet...you don't see that much except with some Euro sites...when I have a custom done I hope to have the girl style her hair like in the old 60's movies...I'm hoping someone like Ariel would be up for it...just curious if anyone else feels this way or I'm even stranger than I thought :-)

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.025 seconds to generate ]