minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Fri 29/03/24 10:34:32 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

Wetlook-Online
Wetlook-Online

Message # 66251.1.3

Subject: Wow great story, Linds....about that phone...

Date: Thu 07/01/16 13:05:37 GMT

Name: jollywetfellow sx

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

I really enjoy your stories, Linds, keep 'em coming.    Makes me envious, though, of you people who live in a land of pools and year-round warmth.....    

On his criticism of Linds destroying her phone, I can understand where Malvineous is coming from - I hate waste too - but in my opinion he has got the wrong target.    Phones are very small objects, and although they contain precious metals (hence the importance of recycling them) the amount of the world's resources tied up in each one is tiny; a high proportion of their cost arises from the human labour (much of it mental rather than physical) involved in making them.    Therefore destroying one mainly creates more jobs for people making the replacement, and takes very few actual resources from other people.    In terms of the impact on the world, destroying clothes, which have much higher resource input compared to their labour input, is much more of a 'crime'.    But of course water doesn't destroy clothes; the main wastage here is people throwing them away barely worn because they have become unfashionable.     As for the cars which MK is concerned about, it may be a positive benefit to the world to destroy them, because of the fuel that they will no longer consume by becoming undriveable!    In our present cock-eyed financial system, the price tag of an item is a very poor measure of the impact on the world of making it.

All of which is a long-winded way of saying "good on you, Linds; nothing wrong with a bit of fun which damages only your own bank balance - money/cost is not the most important thing in life".     

In reply to Message (66251.1) Sad Re:Tart Restaurant

By Malvineous - mrnemesis@ntlworld.com gb Wed 06/01/16 23:47:49 GMT

I find it sad that, in a world with such an unequal distribution of wealth, that anyone would be prepared to destroy something valuable. I admit that there are a few phones I wouldn't mind seeing destroyed as they're so abominable there must be something in the Geneva convention about even giving them away (including examples from Sager and Alcatel) but a destroying a brand new smartphone just to prove a point seems tasteless. As I mentioned to you before, I used to keep a Psion Revo Plus with me at all times, and I was terrified of anything happening to it — this was in the days before widespread USB or microSD, so jumping into a pool without thinking would destroy a lot of valuable data (it took me long enough to even get backups to work, due to a weird design flaw in the Revo). People now are so spoilt and immature that they destroy expensive products over and over without thinking.

As an amateur historian, even destroying old equipment can be tragic, as you can be obliterating knowledge. There was an instance recently where a US bank had a whole batch of IBM 4704 keyboards shredded instead of letting anyone buy them (even after approached directly by a very dedicated woman who does her best to keep such products in the hands of people who cherish them), which was a horrific waste of one of the most amazing keyboards the world has ever seen (the immensely high grade Model F wrapped up in a 60% form factor), and one that's very rare (since it was never a consumer product). In this case, someone is actually getting replica 4704s made, which is no mean feat! Interestingly, the idiotic bank manager responsible dropped down dead not that long afterwards.

I'm not defending Andrew either — it's a rather sad story altogether.

In reply to Message (66251) Info Tart Restaurant

By Linds - lindsey.ambs@yahoo.com us Wed 06/01/16 22:13:46 GMT

Website: https://lindseyambs.wordpress.com// lindseyambs.wordpress.com

First let me say thanks to everyone who has responded to my posts or have taken the time to read my blog. When I first came on here I was warned that I'd get some inappropriate comments and be overwhelmed by trolls demanding things but so far, thanks to all of you, this has been nothing but a pleasant experience.

A guy I've talked to a couple of times mentioned a restaurant called Tart in Los Angeles. I'd been there several times so I decided to write another story for my blog about my first time there.

I hope everyone enjoys it and thanks for all your suggestions, and positive responses.

Linds

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.035 seconds to generate ]