minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Sat 20/04/24 03:15:36 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

Wetlook-Online
Wetlook-Online

Message # 64711.1.1.1

Subject: None Re:EU to ban holiday pics (and video)! Sign petition against !

Date: Fri 03/07/15 00:45:12 GMT

Name: Anne Onymous uu

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
On the “freedom of panorama” principle, such as the right to create and share images and photographs of public buildings, the text cautions that the commercial use of such reproductions should require authorization from the rightholder.
In reply to Message (64711.1.1) Wow Re:EU to ban holiday pics (and video)! Sign petition against !

By tdj - uu Wed 01/07/15 18:37:06 GMT

Don't believe anything they say in a petition...that's all I can say ;-)
In reply to Message (64711.1) None Re:EU to ban holiday pics (and video)! Sign petition against !

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net us Wed 01/07/15 16:32:30 GMT

This is bizarre. At first I thought this was going to be about privacy rights and a possible impact on the candid wetlook subject matter. But when you read the article it has nothing to do with privacy rights and seems to be focused on the rights of the architects who (they imply) seem to have the rights over the usage of public buildings being used in sightseers pics....and they are saying they you need to obtain permission from the architect before you can use that building as a backdrop for your sightseeing pics. This is completely ludicrous, because if something is a "public building" that means it is not owned by the architect, but by "the public"...i.e. the tax payers who commissioned that architect to build it.

All I can say to the EU is....knock yourself out.....cos if you want to create silly laws like this, there is no way the UK will endrose this law and kill it's billions of dollars tourist industry by requiring all foreign tourists to ask for permission from The Queen before they can snap a picture of Buckingham Palace or Windsor Caste....cos this law would effectively kill the tourist industry. Mind you, it would be a amusing to give the Royals a real job for once in their life...by requiring them to sign permission slips all day long for people to snap pics etc.

This news must be wonderful for the Greeks.....cos their economy and banking system are in the toilet already and the only thing they have left now are their historic buildings and their tourist industry....and some bozo bureaucrat in the EU now wants to pass a law that would prevent tourists visiting Greece from taking pics of the Acropolis.......the Greeks must be thinking....this is the final straw, so to heck with the EU and we will leave it (if they don't get kicked out already for defaulting on their debt).

Mind you, there is a another new "regulation" just enacted last week that might seem seem silly, but I can see some merit in.....i.e. as of last week all the Disney Theme Parks worldwide and many other major theme parks have now banned these "selfie sticks" from being used in their parks....cos selfie sticks are like cockroaches imho....i.e. one of two of them don't bother me....but when there are dozens of them all around you, they become a real nuisance....e.g. I was filming a candid event at Daytona Beach a couple of months ago....and in past years it was a pleasant stroll up and down the beach for me.....but this year 2 major changes in technology have now invaded the beach....selfie sticks....and these drone gyrocopters.....they are everywhere around you now....like an infestation of roaches....ha ha. So....I can understand why some lawmakers may pass laws that ban people from flying gyrocopters over famous landmark buildings.....and I understand why some art galleries may ban selfie sticks (woops....did my selfie stick just rip a gash in that pic of the miserable looking women hanging on the wall...oh,...the Mona Lisa...ha ha)......so....selfie sticks and gyrocopters can be a menace....but regular photographers do no harm when they use a regular camera with no flash attachments (cos flash photographer can also be a menace cos it can cause seizures in some people).

MK

In reply to Message (64711) Bad Eyes EU to ban holiday pics (and video)! Sign petition against !

By Nigel - nigel@wetlook.com gb Wed 01/07/15 11:05:48 GMT

Website: https://www.change.org/p/european-parliament-save-the-freedom-of-photography-savefop-europarl-en/ http://www.change.org/p/european-parliament-save-the-freedom-of-

The freedom of taking photos in public places is under attack. Until now, in most countries in Europe you were safe to take and publish photographs that are taken from public ground – This is called Freedom of Panorama. When you were on vacation, you could take a photo from the London Eye and share it with your friends on Facebook*. If someone wanted to pay you for using this photo, that was okay as well. Both is about to change may destroy photography as we know it.

Please sign the petition against a very stupid law.

https://www.change.org/p/european-parliament-save-the-freedom-of-photography-savefop-europarl-en / http://www.change.org/p/european-parliament-save-the-freedom-of-photography-savefop-europarl-en

Nigel

Forum Admin

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.016 seconds to generate ]