WetlookPro

Message # 64522.1.1.2.1

Subject: None Re:MK & Doug: Pamela Austin and other wet ads

Date: Sat 06/06/15 17:11:37 GMT

Name: MK us

Email: wamtec@comcast.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

You made my point, there are many things floating out there that cannot be found because they are not searchable. You would never have found that Pamela Austin ad on youtube had I not said I found it buried inside a specific Bob Hope tv special in 1966. So, how can anybody find something for "Pamela Austin" and be expected to know that to search for Pamela Austin you needed to search under "Bob Hope"....cos she was not even a guest on that show, she was merely in an ad that was buried inside that show.

But that is what makes clip hunting a "sport" for me....cos looking for stuff that is easy to find on Youtube is like "fishing in a barrel" for fish that are already found and sitting there for all to easily find.

It is a lot more fun playing "Indiana Jones" and searching for the holy grail scenes that are extremely hard to find.

FYI, I set up my own "holy grail list" of wetlook scenes I want to find before I die. I set this up on the IMDB site and originally I had 50 items on my bucket list and I have since found about half of them and as of today I have 24 items I am still looking for...

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls057833538/

I just found my number one most want item "Thoroughbreds" last month after 10 years of searching for it I finally found a source for somebody who has a print of that film. My number 2 most wanted item, which is the 1964 German film "Die Tote von Beverly Hills"...

http://wamtec.com/Corpse1.jpg

http://wamtec.com/Corpse2.jpg

I only have a poor VHS copy taped from German TV 20 years ago, so I am still looking for a decent quality DVD of the film.

MK

In reply to Message (64522.1.1.2) Links MK & Doug: Pamela Austin and other wet ads

By bootfancy - uu Sat 06/06/15 03:10:52 GMT

Actually, MK, it turns out the Pamela Austin ad is on YouTube after all, it's just—wait for it—hidden. Your discovery got me curious, so I went searching YouTube for that Bob Hope special, and...lo and behold, there it was—Pamela Austin and all! Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INs63t-djT8

The ad starts at 56:28. As you can see it was posted last year. Just further illustrates your point about wetlook material being hidden and unsearchable.

Doug—your mention of the Playtex ad reminded me of a "Haynes Her Way" commercial from several years ago. In it, a young woman walks through the spray from a sprinkler (accidentally?) and the front of her shirt gets a little wet. It's on YouTube here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-pea2prtcg

The wet bit starts at 23 seconds. Unfortunately, it's not good quality, so you have to look hard to see the water stains on her shirt. Not a lot of wetness, I know, but it's still surprising to see in a mainstream ad. (Side note: I was to see the year on the ad—1989. I didn't think it had been that long. Makes me feel old.)

In fact, it further reminded me of another commercial I saw several years ago. I don't remember what it was for (juice...coffee...a car...feminine hygene product...who knows?), but there was a quick shot of a woman wearing business attire deliberately walking through the spray from a fountain, getting quite wet, and either shook or brushed away her wet hair, smiling the whole time. (Don't remember for sure what she wore. Blazer and blouse? Dress? But I think it was red.) She was also carrying a purse or briefcase of some sort. It looked like she had just left the office for the day. Does it ring any bells for anybody?

And there's another commercial I just thought of, that I've looked for unsuccessfully on YouTube. It was for a camera (don't remember the brand, but probably either Canon or Nikon). A middle-aged couple is on holiday somewhere in Europe, and the wife starts cavorting in a fountain, getting progressively wetter, until we see her sitting in the water, laying back to get fully submerged (although I remember they cut away just before her back actually hits the water—boo!) All the time her husband is snapping photos, and the punchline is a passing monk whips out the same camera from his robe and grabs a shot too. The woman was wearing a short sleeved/sleeveless, knee-length print dress. Any clues about that one?

In reply to Message (64522.1.1) None Re:For Doug Dress2Splash - I found your lost 1966 Pamela Austin wetlook ad

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net us Fri 05/06/15 20:09:22 GMT

Unfortunately there is no online database site I know of that has a database of every commercial ever made. The IMDB.com site lists all movies and tv shows but the is no online archives of commercials that are complete. The few archival sites for vintage commercials, such as Retrojunk.com only contain a tiny tiny fraction of vintage commercials, not even 1% of the old commercials so those sites are grossly inadequate for finding lists or samples of old commercials. Nothing is searchable by Google unless a site mentions it and the google spiders index those comments. That is why it took me 4 years to stumble upon that Pamela Austin ad, cos it was not on Youtube and not mentioned on any website so it could not be found by Google searches, so I only stumbled upon it by accident when I happened to be watching an old Bob Hope tv show and they had the original commercials on the taped broadcasts. There are millions of wetlook and messy scenes still out there that cannot be found by Google searches, and you only find them if you happen to know where to look.....

....e.g. this 1956 live show Esther Williams did for the troops on the Milton Berle show where she renacts live her famous wet jeans musical act scene from 1952 technicolor "Skirts Ahoy" movie. This live broadcast was archived by the U.S. gov website Archive.org. The original color tv transmission was never saved (it was not recorded because color videotape recording machines were not invented in 1956 and only arrived by 1959) so all that was preserved was a black and white kinescope of that show...

skip to the 51st minute

https://archive.org/details/theMiltonBerleShow-3April1956

I did a quick search for vintage Playtex ads and cannot find that item you mention, but perhaps it will show up in the future. I did stumble upon another recent Playtex ad I had never seen before that the prom dress mud fans might like....

https://i.vimeocdn.com/video/506085215_640.jpg

Full ad here

https://vimeo.com/86167109

MK

In reply to Message (64522.1) Wow Re:For Doug Dress2Splash - I found your lost 1966 Pamela Austin wetlook ad

By Soak_ed - soak_ed@hotmail.com pl Fri 05/06/15 09:57:10 GMT

Thank you for that Mark!  I too remember that ad clearly from when I was young.  Now if somebody could find the Playtex seamless cross your heart bra ad from about 1970, that featured a young lady diving into a pool in jeans and a red knit top and coming out of the water and sitting on the side of the pool, to demonstrate that the bra didn't have seams that showed "Even when I'm wet!", I could die a happy man.  In the ad, she was walking along the edge of the indoor pool talking about the bra.  Then she dived into the pool, pulled herself up and sat on the side of the pool and a smiling man in bathing trunks was drying her off with a towel as she sat there dripping wet.  There was another ad with the same theme that had a girl in denim cut off shorts walking along a rocky sea coast and she got splashed with a wave and it had the same tag line, but that one wasn't nearly as interesting as the pool scene.
In reply to Message (64522) None For Doug Dress2Splash - I found your lost 1966 Pamela Austin wetlook ad

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net us Fri 05/06/15 03:54:00 GMT

Hey Doug....back in 2011 you posted this wetlook memory of a 1966 long lost Pamela Austiin ad you once saw on tv, and it was not in any archives or among the Youtube 60's ads Pamela Austin did for Dodge Automobiles....

http://forum.minxmovies.com/showc.cgi?50556.3.1

"I remember a 1966 or 1967 "Dodge Rebellion" commercial where the Dodge Rebellion Girl [Pamela Austin] was standing on the deck of a ship holding an self-inflatable life raft, explaining that Dodge was out to launch it's new idea.  She accidentally pulls the inflation ring on the life raft and is thrown off balance as she squeals "...Join the Do-o-o-odge Rebellion!' and falls out of the frame, from which there erupts a large SPLASH!!    After some footage of the latest Dodge racing thru the surf, we cut to the surface of the water at the side of the ship, as she emerges with her hair all wet, placing one hand on the now-inflated life raft, and with a gorgeous smile points to the camera saying "The Dodge Rebellion Wants YOU!"

There are a number of old ads featuring Pam Austin's Dodge Rebellion ads, but this one is nowhere to be found.   It was one of many things that turned me on to wetlook at the height of puberty."

Well....guess what, I stumbled upon that ad today.....by sheer luck, cos  I was downloading a set of vintage 1960's Bob Hope tv specials, and those tv specials were original transmissions with all the commercial breaks in tact from 1966....and among them at the end of this Bob Hope show from 1966 was that ad you were looking for.

Your memory for something that happened 49 years ago is amazingly accurate. I was not in the USA in 1966 so I never saw this cos I was still a schoolboy in London in 1966....but anyway here is a link where you can download that Bob Hope show and you can see the Pam Austin ad near the end of the show....

BOB HOPE COMEDY SPECIAL: Guest starring Danny Thomas, Jill St. John, Martha Raye, and The Righteous Brothers ( February 1966 )

https://mega.co.nz/#!xJYQ0LSI!CAMmAxvIiW-EkTTGMX4bu1KdLZmr2C9ZRUKZSGFrTM0

Hope it brings back the memories of your childhood.

MK

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.030 seconds to generate ]