minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Fri 29/03/24 11:21:24 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

Wetlook-Online
Wetlook-Online

Message # 6335.2.2

Subject: Question Re: Re: I am about to make a big decision!

Date: Mon 13/10/03 02:07:36 GMT

Name: charlie gb

Email: charliegetswet@yahoo.co.uk

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

was wondering if there's a balance though between free pictures, and buying videos. If you have downloadable videos for free I would imagine that people wont buy the vids/DVDs? But if it's only pictures that were free people might pay for the moving versions??
In reply to Message (6335.2) Info Re: I am about to make a big decision!

By Kev - kev.styx@ntlworld.com gb Fri 10/10/03 23:59:31 GMT

There are pro and cons to whichever way you go. I made this decision a couple of years ago- I found that the old freesite didn't do much to increase tape sales- it just ran up a bill of $1200 for bandwidth ! So much for "free material"- my interpretation of "free" is that I paid for the models, clothes, equipment, bandwidth, etc and then gave it away to subsidise someone elses kicks. I decided to go with a paysite instead- but found it one hell of a struggle until I teamed up with Graham.

The advantage to having a paysite is that it is much easier to distribute your material. Getting batches of tapes duplicated, arranging shipments, posting out, etc are no longer required.

Then downside to a paysite is that you can put yourself on a treadmill with regard to updates and looking after the site. Once you accept regular payments to produce repeated updates then you are committed to keeping your side of the bargain- you can't skip a week because you are busy doing something else, for example.

When you are producing tapes, DVDs, CDs, etc you can fit their production/editing etc to your own schedule- if you are busy then you can put the release back by a week or two and nothing is said- you can't do that with a paysite. I have to edit the equivalent of a full feature wetlook movie a month, EVERY month, and it has to be done to a strict timescale so the site updates every week with video material. We've put out 15 hours of movies in 9 months- which would equate to around 10 convential tape releases- an average of more than 1 per month- few wetlook producers produce such a prolific amount of material to such tight deadlines- but the paysite demands that level of effort. On top of that there's an average of 6 or 7 photosets per month too- again all produced "just in time". Paysites have a voracious appetite for material !

In addition the paysite takes up an awful amount of time in administration- you wouldn't believe the number of people who lose passwords or have other difficulties- being online they expect virtually instant responses. Then you have difficulties with hackers and crackers, denial of service attacks, etc- which are going on continuously.

Both ways are valid as a method of generating a return on the time and effort you put into material production. I think Jim has found that by placing a free clip on his site has made a big difference to his sales of tapes.

The reality is that most people will say keep it free and thousands will download your stuff, but only a small proportion will actually buy anything. In that regard a paysite is possibly a better option as it allows you to focus on the people who actually support you.

To a large extent it really depends on the level of commitment YOU are prepared to make. If you want a relaxed life, shooting and releasing material to suit your own lifestyle and timescale, then a free site and selling tapes is the better option.

If however you go for a paysite and say you will update twice a week, once a week or whatever- then you have to honour your "contract" and that's when the really hard work starts, but you make a return- but it's not very high. Just to put things into perspective, during a year members will get then equivalent of 12 feature length movie tapes and around 80 photosets- all for $99. If you were selling this material as seperate tapes and picture CD's you would expect to generate more than $99 probably nearer $500 ! So a paysite is by no means a ticket to "big bucks", you don't make any more money than by selling tapes when you work it out. You might get 5 times more people viewing your material, but you are charging 1/5 of the price- so it balances out.

Finally, one point, whilst someone is putting out free material, everybody loves them and you hear few criticisms. Once you start charging people then the rules change and people look far more critically at what you're doing. In some ways it's a good thing- you get a tremendous buzz when you think that out of all the committments people have with their money they chose to spend a sizeable slice to see your work- it gives you a really good feeling. However it also gives them the right to criticise- so you have to be prepared for complaints as well as plaudits. When you are providing stuff for free you can tell the complainers to get stuffed, when they are customers you can't (even though you might want to)  : )

Hope this gives you some insight in what you might be letting youself in for : ) As we said to Mark and EuroWAM TEAM, if any of you need any help or advice then Graham and I are more than happy to assist if we can.

In reply to Message (6335) Question I am about to make a big decision!

By leonmoomin - leonmoomin@ntlworld.com gb Fri 10/10/03 22:00:17 GMT

I currently have enough hi-res pictures to start a pay site with regular updates!

The problem is, I am a great believer in keeping my pictures free!  If they are free, everyone gets to see them.

So my choices are:

1.  Start a paysite and put all my new pictures and some clips in there, updating every 2 weeks!

2.  Keep the pictures free and update "Fully Clothed" every two weeks with FREE hi-res pictures!  The idea of which being that LOADS of people are drawn to this site regularly and wamtec and I sell LOADS of videos, I would also wish to have loads and loads of feedback.

These are two choices I have, I want some very honest opinions here!  No screwing around!

I am sure that everyone will say free pictures, but do you really think it will improve our sales enough that it would make the same cash as a paysite?

leonmoomin Confused

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.018 seconds to generate ]