Wetlook-Online

Message # 63049.1.1.2.1.1

Subject: None Re:Which is another reason to end memberships'

Date: Wed 10/12/14 23:19:08 GMT

Name: leonmoomin wx

Email: Leon@mostwam.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Sorry to hear that.

But you still have 20 days to buy yourself a last 6 month membership.

Leonmoomin

In reply to Message (63049.1.1.2.1) None Re:Which is another reason to end memberships'

By Anonymous - uu Wed 10/12/14 21:09:39 GMT

I buy only memberships, because separated videos are too expensive. Then you lose me as a consumer. Sorry
In reply to Message (63049.1.1.2) Thumbs Up Re:Which is another reason to end memberships'

By GeorgeSK - uu Wed 10/12/14 19:44:51 GMT

Thank you for your quick reply bringing some light into this. I agree with you that cutting the number of updates means more time for fine tuning material.

There is no written rule that says you have to update every week. I'd rather have 2 updates a month, which are perfect, than 4 updates which are not. In the previously mentioned example of wetfoto.com, I am more than happy to pay membership, though they update irregularily, twice a month in average. Another measure would be combining the pants and dress sites into one, further lowering the complexity.

I don't know how they do it, but wetfoto can produce high quality video and pics at the same time (probably doing the same poses for pics and than again for video, as they seem almost identical and you can't hear the shutter in the video), though they only have 1 site, not four, like you. I mostly use the sets to select 2-3 landscape oriented pics from each set as a desktop wallpaper anyway (I now randomly rotate around 300 pics, one every 20 minutes), so I could live with the fact of dropping pics altogether if the result would be nice sharp, high quality videos.

Thanks again for bearing with my perfectionist self, sorry if it was too harsh and good luck in implementing the changes.

In reply to Message (63049.1.1) None Which is another reason to end memberships'

By leonmoomin - Leon@mostwam.com wx Wed 10/12/14 18:58:49 GMT

With four sites, each updating weekly, it is a big commitment to shoot 208 updates every year.

The sites aren't failing, they still do very well, our host is forcing us to end memberships, for various reasons, which after time to consider, I agree with.

So we should be able to shoot much better media, if we have more time to shoot less updates, the products should improve.

All the things you mention take time, even deleting pictures down to 150 takes time.

So with more time for editing and producing each update, our updates should be better than ever.

Blurry pictures arn't just about holding the camera steady, thanks, lighting can play a massive part, particularly if the subjects and water are moving.  With the amount we shoot, we can't just pick days with perfect light, or take time to set up flashes or reflectors, also with video running as well, we wouldn't want to.

We are competent enough to shoot the best pictures, thanks, but time and a video rolling means we just shoot what we see.

I'm sure dedicated photo only sites would do a much better job as THAT is all they do.

Everyone shoots a blurry picture from time to time, we just don't have the time to delete them all.

To be completely honest, we may even drop pictures altogether, except for a few previews.

leonmoomin

In reply to Message (63049.1) Sad Re:IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

By GeorgeSK - uu Wed 10/12/14 18:12:36 GMT

This has been a trend with old and new wetlook sites in the last several years. First Flaviu with Eurowam, now you. From the new guys Perfect Wetlook, Soakingwet, Wetlooker and the newest Wetfashion.uk.

Whilst it has an advantage of buying only the sets that I like, I will never be able to buy all the sets I like. I consider this a step back, even though you have one of the lowest prices around.

I am even more determined now to stay loyal to wetfoto, with whom I have been a member for many many months now.

While I mentioned wetfoto, it reminded me of several technical issues I have with your photosets, compared to theirs which prevent me from buying more from you:

1. less is sometimes more - I hate sets which have more than 150-200 pictures. Your sets routinely have 600, some even over 1000 pics, this is too much. Select the best 150-200 and that is it, not jut publish indiscriminately all the pics you took during a shoot, some of which are only minute variations of each other, like 20 almost identical shots of a model's wet feet, etc. This way you will eve ease the load on your servers, also it is unwieldy to have to download as much data for photo sets as for the HD videos even with modern broadband connections.

2. To select the best shots, I have to say, you have to improve your photography skills, too many beginner's mistakes for a veteran like you, Leon&Lisa:

- unsharp, blurry pics from unsteady holding of your DSLR - try to hold your camera steady or do not publish the slightly blurred shot, just the ones from the same pose, which are perfect.

- bad composition of many shots - not all of them, but quite a lot - strange angles, models in the corners of the pic, half of their head cropped off, etc.

- blown highlights in outdoor shots with trong sunlight-,not using reflectors or even the built in flash of the camera

- shooting against the sun without a reflector - with reflectors, or even a flash, pics shot again the sun could be one of the most compelling pics

- harsh shadows on model's faces on outdoor shots - again, reflector or flash or even not shooting during the day, but in late afternoons,when the light is warmer and not as harsh as at noon, giving your pics a nice warm glow

Seems to me like many of those sets were shot in a hurry. You may benefit from slowing down a bit, think about the composition and lighting, eve use an assistant with a reflector.

I have to sadly say that wetlook photography underwent quite a technical development in the past several years but you seem to be stuck in old ways. I am sure with some improvements you could be the best again. You were the pioneer of wetlook in the 90s, I still hope for a rebound.

Sorry for being a bit critical, but I wanted to tell you these things for a while and this post provided the perfect opportunity.

In reply to Message (63049) Exclamation IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!! html

By LisaMoomin - leon@mostwam.com ex Wed 10/12/14 16:24:04 GMT

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

If you want to make the most of around 76 updates for only $60 (or less for packages) you only have until the end of this month!! 21 days!!!!!

I am really sorry to announce that from the 1st January 2015, all mostwam 6 month memberships will no longer be available for purchase.

All regular updates will continue for members who have joined before that date, so none of you will have to worry about not getting the regular updates that you have paid for.

We are toying with the idea of having one month memberships with only four updates at any time in the members sections, but, for now the plan is to switch to download stores only.

I would like to thank all of our regular re-joining members for their continuing support and apologize to you all for taking away the membership options.

LisaMoomin

On a brighter note hewres Liz getting wet;)!

mostwam.com

ALSO, now available in the Mostwam Download Store for only $4.99!!!

We now accept PayPal for Download Store purchases!!!

Mostwam Download Store!

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.036 seconds to generate ]