minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Fri 29/03/24 08:45:08 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

Wetlook-Online
Wetlook-Online

Message # 63033.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Subject: Talking Re:OT:Re:Go back to your tax-funded job Jolly, or read about the real world :(

Date: Sun 14/12/14 12:07:27 GMT

Name: Soak_ed pl

Email: soak_ed@hotmail.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
Hey Mike, I am also a Polish-American expat living in Poland.  Drop me an email to the address above if you like.
In reply to Message (63033.1.1.1.1.1.1) Note Re:OT:Re:Go back to your tax-funded job Jolly, or read about the real world :(

By Phoenix_Mike - eu Wed 10/12/14 17:47:17 GMT

Be that as it may, but companies who avoid taxes are not the worst. First lets have politicians earn the median income in their country and not ten times it. Then lets take care of the fact that EU/Government trips have gigantic TAX FREE "pocket money". No taxes here is OK? Then let's tackle the issue that various government institutions get more and more money from taxes, while hospitals get less and the waiting time for cancer treatment in many poorer EU countries is... just a tad longer, then the median survival with many types of cancer :/. Add the illegal taxation like the one I wrote about. Greed of politicians is the main problem. And until the EU and national governments (of many countries inside the EU) start with themselves, I, as most people who work in the private sector, will not criticize any such tax evasion. Weather I would do it is another thing. I probably wouldn't, but it's my nature (probably bad) to obey the law, so if the law in a country has little to do with justice, ale I can do is weep or emigrate, but as I said, I won't criticize such companies, as they are not the main wrong doers.

BTW: you are from England? So you have a mass exodus from Poland in your country. Maybe you are even getting mad at the number of Polish immigrants, like many. But do you know why they are coming in such numbers? What the poorer part of the EU really looks like. With greedy politicians, costs of life maybe 1/2 of in the UK (but of imported goods more then in the UK) and salaries 1/10 of those in the UK? Add the widening gap between the ultra rich and most (where the rich ones are often the political bosses of national companies). The average salary here may be 4000 zloties (about 900 EUR), but this is inflated by the earnings of the managers. The median salary, which shows much more is 2300 zloties (about 500 EUR!) and my generation (the 20-30) are called "pokolenie 2000 brutto" ("generation 2000 minus tax"), so we get even less. And everything from clothes to CDs to books to iPads costs the same as in the UK or more. Fancy living like this and at the same time seeing that the political class is living like kings for tax money? It would be very hard to find someone with your opinions in this part of the EU. Out of my hundreds of "friends" on Facebook only one would have them - the one with least education, but with a daddy in the political party in power - he now works for a regional government, fresh out of college and earns 6 times more then we usually do (btw: the government of that region is technically now bankrupt, but they won't cut salaries, hospital funds, they will cut...). He would agree with you. For sure. I'm not poor by Polish standards, but I wouldn't. I got it all with my own work and the country has just made it harder (notice the ease of doing business and the tax law rankings, Poland is worse then Uganda). I also have to pay for private medical care, went to a private school and generally cost the government waaaay less then the statistical person. So I feel no guilt for having such opinions :)

So it's easy to judge being from a wealthy country, with a quite good government (in comparison). But it looks quite differently from a different perspective. End of discussion for me, cause it's EOT here, but just wanted to show you how it looks from elsewhere :)

In reply to Message (63033.1.1.1.1.1) Read This OT:Re:Go back to your tax-funded job Jolly, or read about the real world :(

By jollywetfellow - ex Wed 10/12/14 09:42:00 GMT

You're ideas are romantic and attractive, Phoenix Mike, but they don't stand up to logical examination.    People only have so much money to spend.    If they spend more of it on tax-free goods (as is happening with internet sales), then they are spending less on taxed goods - which means the total tax take goes down.    The only way to maintain Government revenues is then to increase taxation levels on those things which are taxed.    Since nobody would pretend, surely, that the goods MK sells are necessities (and the same applies to most other goods sold over the internet), the end result is to increase the cost of necessities whilst keeping down the cost of luxuries like MK's videos.     Far from FIGHTING high taxes in Europe, the tax-avoiding internet businesses are a significant part of the CAUSE of rising taxes in Europe.   

But I don't really want to include MK specifically in this (though he did ask for it with his drivel about "unconstitutional"!); as I said in my last paragraph I think small businesses below a certain threshold should be exempt from sales taxes.   But I, and many other Europeans, think that it is morally wrong that some of the world's largest businesses largely evade taxation in every country but the US; and to claim a constitutional right for Americans to ignore other countries' laws in this context can only fuel anti-American thinking.    

In reply to Message (63033.1.1.1.1) Angry Go back to your tax-funded job Jolly, or read about the real world :(

By Phoenix_Mike - eu Tue 09/12/14 22:43:07 GMT

Jollywetfellow, you are playing for the wrong side. Unless you are one of Europe's one percent or you work for a government or the EU. Taxation in Europe has reached abnormal levels. So have the salaries of EU and national officials in comparison to the common man. All businesses are trying to run away from this madness and this is with a benefit to the common European. I'm Polish/American, have lived in Poland for some time now, started in the 90s, when it was the land of opportunity. And I'm fed up and going back to Indiana soon. Government officials earn 4 times the typical salary, EU officials something like 10 times. Everything is much more expensive then in the states. The VAT is at 25% and ever growing, the taxes some of the worst in the world, the tax free amount pitiful (less then the official minimum needed to survive - WTF!)? The government normally SCAMS me. For instance when you buy on Amazon they add a VAT not only to the price of the article, but also the... shipping and handling, which was bought in the US. It is illegal to do this as of 2012, 2013 and 2014, though maybe this will change. But you as the regular Joe have very few rights. So if MK and millions of other businesses are bending or even breaking EU laws IN OUR FAVOR, and our governments have done this for years, but NOT in our favor, I stand on the side of the businesses. So go back to your work place, payed by tax dollars of people much poorer then you, go to a Brussels restaurant and buy yourself champagne with tax money most people have for a weeks of living expenses and stop criticizing people who are using civil disobedience to help 99,9% of the EU's population.
In reply to Message (63033.1.1.1) Warning! Re:OT: taxation of internet sales

By jollywetfellow - ex Tue 09/12/14 21:20:59 GMT

Have I got this right?    MK takes a video made in the EU by, say, Apex, then sells it to an EU citizen, and thinks he has a "constitutional" right to have US law applied to the transaction because he happens to live in the US!!!     No, my friend, contrary to what Fox News may tell you, the US does not run the world; if you want to do business in another country you have to respect the laws of that country.    It is at present a distortion of the free market that goods delivered by internet are not taxed whereas other goods are; it was always inevitable as internet sales grew that this distortion would have to be sorted out sooner or later.   The US themselves would be working on it right now, were it not for the fact that US businesses are the biggest beneficiaries (and the US government gets taxes from them in other ways).    

Of course there's no enforcement mechanism yet; you can't have an enforcement mechanism unless and until there is a law to be enforced, so the law must be made first.     The enforcement will come soon enough, and the harder people try to evade the law in the meantime, the harsher will be the enforcement regime when it is introduced (for example, there are already parts of the internet blocked for various reasons in various countries - go figure).   

Far better to beat them at their own game.     This seems to be a bad law, if it is true that it has no minimum threshold for small businesses.    Minimum thresholds are applied more for the benefit of the bureaucracy than for the businesses themselves - it is simply not cost-effective to collect the tax from small companies because the bureaucratic cost of dealing separately with all of these businesses exceeds the tax revenue from them.    So what is needed is for every small business, everywhere in the world, who sells to the EU through the internet, to simultaneously ask the EU authorities naive questions (in lots of different languages!) about how to register for the tax.    This will tie them up for years trying to answer the questions, and thus force them to apply minimum thresholds to control their workload.     Then the little guys like MK can continue to do business legitimately at a sensible cost, whilst the Googles and Amazons of this world, whose arrogant tax-avoiding behaviour is generating so much anti-US feeling in Europe and who are the real targets of these laws, will still be caught by them.

In reply to Message (63033.1.1) None Re:OT: Info for UK and EU wetlook producers

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net us Mon 08/12/14 14:48:45 GMT

FYI the longer discussion among producers with online sites and download stores and their reactions,  and more details of the new law are here

http://umd.net/forums/eu-tax-change-affecting-all

MK

In reply to Message (63033.1) Sad Re:OT: Info for UK and EU wetlook producers

By GeorgeSK - uu Mon 08/12/14 14:11:45 GMT

EU is in tatters, the economy stagnant, the outgoing EU president gets a £625.000 golden parachute, the EMPs get their monthly 11.000 Euro salary + perks, no wonder they have to devise new taxes to plug these holes to keep the juggernaut going. Terrible. And me, as a citizen of a poorer EU country, have to get by on 5% of what an EMP gets.
In reply to Message (63033) None OT: Info for UK and EU wetlook producers

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net us Mon 08/12/14 04:13:04 GMT

FYI.....this is already being discussed on other forums, i.e. the new EU VAT internet sales tax laws for online sites that go into effect on Jan 1st.

I have been discussing this with several UK producers on other forums and by email....my summary is here...

http://aquafans.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=27820

Basically, if your download store is located outside of the EU, then you can just ignore the EU completely....cos it's laws have no teeth and no collection mechanism anyway and this law us unconstitutional in the USA.

If your site is located in the UK you can develop a strategy to avoid charging VAT on all your download sales by merely selling to UK ip addresses only and not selling to overseas ip addresses and be covered under the UK;'s 81,000 Pounds VAT exemption for micro businesses.

If you are located in other EU countries, there are exemptions in certain situations...e.g. the EU have clarified that you only need to collect VAT on your download sales if you have an automated shopping cart system that generates automatic confirmation emails. As dumb as this sounds, the EU says you can be exempted if your site is not automated, so consider disabling your auto confirmation email system and confirm your sales manually and assign download codes manually, and then the silly EU vat rules say VAT does not apply.....go figure.

Anyway....schedule a meeting with your accountant and develop a strategy for how to deal with the new VAT EU internet sales tax laws that go into effect on Jan 1st.

Some UK producers have already told me they plan to close their UK based websites and move their media to American based hosting companies like Clips4sale.com ...who are already developing new "cloaking" countermeasures in their systems to hide the ip identies of where the sales originate from, as a way to thwart these new EU taxes which are totally unconstitutional under U.S. law anyways.

MK

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.051 seconds to generate ]