Wetlook-Online

Message # 62684.9.1

Subject: Info Re:New camera?

Date: Mon 03/11/14 12:24:41 GMT

Name: Chris B. - WAM Photography at

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
That's one of those questions where you most likely get as many different opinions as you get replys ;-)

However I'll reply to EdR's thread, because he points exactly into the right direction. The answer very much depends on asking and answering some very basic questions beforehand.

What is the main reason for getting some new gear? Will a new camera help me with regard to my reasoning? Am I probably still missing something when I have my new camera?

When it comes down to improving the quality of your work the camera is one small component that plays a part in the overall picture. As others described in their replys there are many more influencing factors like scenery, variety, perspectives, lighting, lense-quality, post-production, technical handling or your gear, communication with models, the list can go on endlessly. And every aspect is a field to work on and improve overall quality.

Coming back to the topic of camera choice. When we talk about DSLRs this is often determined by budget and by equipment you already own. Most of us have started in the Nikon or Canon camp and stayed there ever since. Simply because you start to buy lenses and flashes that youwant to keep using in the future. You can't go wrong with either choice, both provide great quality and after all it comes down to a question of believes.

I for example started with a Canon 350D initially and made my way via a 40D, to my current 7D and 5D MarkII. The choice of the latter was influenced partly through my wetlook work and partly through my private photography hobby. The full frame is extremely useful when you shoot in narrow locations like in hotel rooms (which I do a lot), because it can give you the perspective or framing you just wouldn't get from a crop-frame body. Also it can help to make use of the full potential of some HQ-lenses. Another reason was the low-light potential which I use mainly for my private shooting, since I use lighting equipment for all my wetlook shoots. Another reasoning was the movie quality of both the 7D and the 5D MarkII, because - let's be honest - a lot of the wetlook fans appreciate video alongside a photoset.

But that being said, I didn't buy my 5D MarkII new, since almost €2,5k would have always been too much for a good thing for me. I did take some tries, but after a few weeks I managed to obtain a used one for around €1k on ebay.

After all, your choice has to be influenced by where you want to increase quality, or improve your workflow. Not all of it will be solely influenced by the camera but by many other factors as well.

I know this does not make the choice any easier, but hey, photography is complex, that's why we love it :-D

chris

In reply to Message (62684.9) Square Re:New camera?

By EdR - uu Sat 01/11/14 03:04:03 GMT

Let me start by asking, why do you feel that you need another camera? It can be rather difficult to recommend a camera, as there are so many different types available and so many expectations. In honesty, you can't go wrong picking a modern camera. There are several very good cameras in a wide range of types and capabilities, but we can break it down to make your selection easier. There are many fine brands of cameras on the market, such as Pentax, Olympus, Sony, Fuji, etc, but the top two brands are Canon and Nikon. The reason these two makes virtually dominate the market is that both brands offer a wide range of products, a greater variety of lenses, they both have huge manufacturer support, and are also heavily supported by third party manufacturers. This isn't to say that the other brands aren't as good, but the other brands don't have as much to offer. Going with either Nikon or Canon starts you in a platform that gives you room to grow.

The next thing is don't get caught up in the hype of the latest and greatest that manufacturers have to offer. Right now full frame cameras are all the rage.... I say so what? Can anyone really tell by the photos if the camera that took the image was a full frame or crop frame? Probably not. You should be far more interested in a camera that has plenty of lens options, light options, shoots clean, crisp images and easy to operate and falls within your price range. Additionally you want a camera system that can grow with you, the last thing you want to do is invest in a camera system that you end up growing out of.

Most likely you'll still have questions. You can possibly answer some of those questions by first renting a camera, so that you can "test drive" a camera, to see if you like it and can use it. It's always more helpful to actually try out a camera before you make an investment. Good luck!

Sincerely EdR

In reply to Message (62684) Talking New camera?

By Perfect Wetlook - perfectwetlook1@gmail.com cz Thu 30/10/14 19:54:13 GMT

Hey guys, we are planning to buy new camera. Does anybody know which one would be the best for our purpose?

Thank you very much for all comments

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.009 seconds to generate ]