MyWetloook

Message # 60553.1.1.1.1

Subject: None OT

Date: Mon 10/02/14 11:44:37 GMT

Name: Desert Hawk us

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

There is a real possibility that the U.S. will go through another non-backward-compatible tv broadcast standard switch as soon as next decade.  They are working on High Efficiency Video Encoding (twice as efficient as MPEG4, which is twice as efficient as MPEG2) in order to deliver "4KTV" (2160p I think) along with a few 1080p multicast subchannels on a single 6 MHz channel.  They might switch from 8VSB to COFDM modulation as well.  This would of course mean a new round of tv set or converter box purchases for users of over the air tv.  I think it is way too soon to do something like that again.  

The next forced switch from analog to digital will likely be the telephone system.  Even AT&T and Verizon want to shut down the old analog Public Switched Telephone Network.  The FCC is considering sometime in 2018 as the end of the analog PSTN.  My family ditched the old fashioned phone service over a year ago.  We still have home phones, one wireless home phone from Straight Talk and also a MagicJack (I don't think I mentioned it before, but I finally have (lite) high speed internet!  It's been so long since I last posted, you might have thought I disappeared.  I have been reading the forum all along, but I have been spending so much time watching Youtube videos (wetlook as well as classic rock and old favorite tv shows) that I haven't had time to post much.  

In reply to Message (60553.1.1.1) Talking Addendum

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Sun 09/02/14 04:35:47 GMT

Bear in mind that in North America, the switch from analog to digital was (despite delays), accelerated by goverment mandate, motivated by the need to free up RF spectrum (digital is more bandwidth-efficient than analog was). Analog colour, stereo, and dolby encoding were, by comparison, all driven purely by market forces and so took their time. 3D (and ultra-HD) require more bandwidth than single-vision HD, so there is no motivation for them other than marketing-driven consumer interest, and so they will come in their own time.

In reply to Message (60553.1.1) Talking Re:Question to producers - 3D

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Sun 09/02/14 04:17:56 GMT

Niche of a niche of a niche of a niche...

The day may come when 3D is ubiquitous. In terms of viewer media consumption, right now, we're just barely through the analog to digital conversion, and some people still don't "get" HD (double meaning intended), with the "next big thing" being ultra-HD. 3D was a big deal (marketing-wise) just after the big HD wave went through... it never really caught on in a mainstream way. When all TVs can render 3D (ideally without the viewer having to wear special glasses of one sort or another), and all mainstream content is produced in 3D, it would make sense for "specialty" content producers to deliver in that format.

How many wetlook fans have the equipment (TV, glasses) to enjoy 3D content of any kind? I don't, and I can't imagine I'm in the minority. Sure, I'd like to see some 3D wetlook, but am I willing to spend a couple of thousand or so on yet another TV? Not right now. So, I'd be wasting my money spending the extra on 3D vs 2D wetlook (if it existed). When my current TV reaches end of life, I'll opt for  a replacement which is fully 3D-capable (even if I never really get the benefit out of it). If my current TV outlasts a transition in broadcasting approaching universal 3D production, I'd likely buy sooner.

I think the 3D transition (if it ever fully happens) is probably going to parallel that of the color and audio transformation in TV broadcasting. North American analog TV was originally monochrome and monaural. Color picture and stereo sound (and eventually dolby) all phased in as "premium" features which eventually propagated down the line. By the time digital TVs started to appear on store shelves, the last of the analog TVs were pretty much all color with dolby stereo sound. So I think it shall be with 3D.

In reply to Message (60553.1) None Re:Question to producers - 3D

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net us Sun 09/02/14 03:12:00 GMT

Flaviu and I have tried both methods....i.e. "True 3D" where you shoot using a true 3D camera with dual lenses, and we have also tested "Digital 3D conversion" which is where you shoot in 2D HD using traditional HD cameras, and then you use digital 2D to 3D conversion software to convert your 2D HD footage into a simiulated 3D footage. The latter is easy to do these days....cos Youtube now has an automated 2D to 3D converter and any HD video you upload at the 1080p resolution can be converted by Youtube into A 3D display for you.....but,,.,..imho....the results look like crap to me.

Basiscally,....Digital 3D (converting 2D media into 3D files) looks like crap, and the only decent way to create 3D media is to do it properly in "True 3D" using a dual lens 3D camera, and we have that, but here is the real problem....True 3D (like you see in movie theatres and on 3D TV monnitors) cannot be experienced using the 1950's anamorphic red/cyan glasses. We were thinking to produce 3D clips, cos I have a box of 1000 red/cyan 3D glasses that I bought 3 years ago and have been sitting on my shelf, and I was planning to give them away as free gifts when folks ordered any 3D clips and wanted the clips, ....but to be honest, the results look like crap.  The only way to experience 3D properly require customers to own their own 3DTV monitor (costing around 2 grand) and to buy the speciial polorized glasses that they handout at movie theatres these days and those costy $75 or more, and we do not see that there is enough interest from the fans who would want to buy that media.

So....if anybody wants 2-3 pairs of 3D glasses so they can test all thousands of 3D clips on youtube (mostly made by strapping 2 Go Pro cameras together...which is what we did) just send me a return stamped addressed envelope and I will send you a few pairs of glasses for free, and you can see the results for yourself.

We tried making Blu Ray disks for 3 years....and nobody wanted our media on Blu Ray...and we tested 3D too and do not see that the results look good or that folks would be interested to order those disks either.

MK

In reply to Message (60553) Question Question to producers - 3D

By GeorgeSK - uu Sun 09/02/14 00:33:43 GMT

I've got a question for wetlook producefrs - has any of you tested 3D in your video shoots yet?

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
Clips4Sale

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.025 seconds to generate ]