minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Fri 19/04/24 22:10:05 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

Wetlook.Biz
Wetlook-Online

Message # 59687.5.1

Subject: Info Re:SURVEY: Do you buy ONLY photos, ONLY vidoes, or BOTH?

Date: Wed 20/11/13 12:29:50 GMT

Name: Chris B. - WAM Photography at

Email: chris@wetandmessyphotography.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

I'll add my perspective to the "producer branch" of this discussion. I can second everything that EdR wrote in his post. Some will prefer video over photos and viceversa. It's the same for producers I guess ;-)

For me there are some more aspect to a producers decision to focus on photos or videos. When you produce you have to deal with all kinds of organisational, technical and budget constraints. While it would be nice to shoot high quality photos and videos at the same time, this is not easily achieveable. You need the high quality equipment in the first place along with assistance in operating camera and lighting gear. Not only is this costly but it usually also adds to the number of people "behind" the camera. From experience I know that the "cute-girl-next-door" a lot of consumers  want to see getting wet does not usually  feel too comfortable with a large film and photo crew staring at her on the set :) That's why you will mostly see professional adult models in high-quality productions. While this may be worth considering for professional producers (means those that make their living with WAM or adult productions), for me it is not.

I produce for the joy of doing it and want to keep it that way. And I am trying to produce exactly the scenes that I want to see. I was allways looking for detail and variation and just my kind of models. While a lot of producers meet my taste every once in a while, oftentimes I was missing a detail, the occasional closeup or just the "right" kind of soaking. That's why I decided to start  producing my own stuff in the first place, after having been a long time consumer. And since I was leaning more  towards the photo-only part of the consumer-spectrum, I kept this focus for my productions. And so far I made the expirience, that there is a market for photos-only. It may not be a big share of the market, but photosets definitely sell.

However, because of consumers demand I decided to occasionally shoot videos as well (where possible), knowing that there will be drawbacks in terms of quality, because I only can operate one camera manually (one camera usually remains statically on a tripod) and I don't have professional lighting for videos. I can say that much. It helps sales, however I can also tell that my best selling wetlook scene so far still  is photo-only :)

best regards

Chris

In reply to Message (59687.5) Square Re:SURVEY: Do you buy ONLY photos, ONLY vidoes, or BOTH?

By EdR - uu Wed 13/11/13 21:35:00 GMT

>>>>""I'm curious, since there is a producer or two that comes out with photos only. Personally, I'm only interested in videos, so I wonder how those produces that produce photos only manage sales. The only way I can answer that question is to see if there are actually people out there who are satisfied with photos! If not, then hopefully this survey will be an eye-opening piece for said producers...""

Seeing that I am one of the 'few' producers who produce a photo only website, that site being; asplashofglamour.com , I guess that makes me most qualified to address your question :D...

Surveys aside, one thing to understand is this; There are those who prefer photos, there are those who prefer videos, and there are those who like both. The reasons are just as personal.

'A Splash of Glamour' was originally a photo-only site, and we understood that we might not appeal to everyone. Of course producing a photo-only site would be a risk as there was no way of knowing how many people would buy our images, but then again, no one knows for sure how many people overall are into wetlook anyway, so the risks are equally present with video too. Well I can say with certainty that we've been online now for several years so theres got to be some measure of success in that.

We did eventually add a video section to 'A Splash of Glamour' and we also opened up a video store on Clips4Sale, under the name 'Always Wet & Sexy' to broaden our market appeal, but we currently intend on returning 'A Splash of Glamour' to it's original photo-only format, and the videos there presently, will be moved over to the  'Always Wet & Sexy' C4S store.

Of course I'm not going to discuss our financial side or say which format sells better. I can say that there is a definite market for photos and we are planning to expand on it. Then again, theres a market for video and we're also hoping to expand this too. What might be eye opening from our perspective is, both are doing well enough and so long as they do so, we will continue to produce new wetlook material in both formats.  

Now if you ever decide to take a look at our photo offerings, or you get board of videos, you might just like what we have to offer. I try to produce magazine-like high quality images and I package them in sets. Every picture really is worth a thousand words.

Sincerely EdR

In reply to Message (59687) Talking SURVEY: Do you buy ONLY photos, ONLY vidoes, or BOTH?

By Reckonerr - ag Wed 13/11/13 01:54:26 GMT

I'm curious, since there is a producer or two that comes out with photos only. Personally, I'm only interested in videos, so I wonder how those produces that produce photos only manage sales. The only way I can answer that question is to see if there are actually people out there who are satisfied with photos! If not, then hopefully this survey will be an eye-opening piece for said producers...

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.013 seconds to generate ]