MyWetloook

Message # 59434.1.1.1

Subject: Exclamation Re:Vidown sites.

Date: Sun 20/10/13 23:17:41 GMT

Name: xbertx1 de

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
I never had problems unsing vidown shopping card and also no problems downloading from vidown. But I didn't use it very often til now.

The iPad problem has nothing to do with vidown. The iPad browser Safari simply does'nt support file downloads.

In reply to Message (59434.1.1) On Drugs Re:Vidown sites.

By Malvineous - mrnemesis@ntlworld.com gb Sun 20/10/13 21:53:46 GMT

There's not a whole lot of use reporting bugs with Vidown -- you'll only get a heaping of scorn dumped on you. I think Patrick would rather bathe in his own bile than admit even to himself that there are any bugs in his code.

In addition to the weird bug where the download size is misreported by a few bytes (which stops me queuing all the files in DownThemAll and puts DTA into an endless loop of failed downloads) there's a new bug where every click on a download link initiates two downloads in the browser and I have to cancel all the spurious transfers one by one. (In the case of EE Wetlook, I don't know if the useless download names are his fault or Vidown's, but every download has to be manually renamed to what it represents -- so much of the world is still rocking file systems like it's the 1970s.)

Honestly Vidown is a complete mess. The obsession with avoiding cookies (or whatever he's doing) means that the shopping card is tied to the page, so if I go to A Splash of Glamour and open Vidown pages from the sample gallery, every Vidown page has its own shopping cart. Close that page by mistake and the cart is gone. The guy steadfastly refuses to allow middle-click to function, and adding anything to a cart resets your scroll position -- you genuinely have to exert effort to make a site as unfriendly as it is.

The idea that downloads can be incompatible with a browser is a pretty good idea that you've done something horribly wrong. Perhaps a re-reading of the relevant RFC is in order:

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616.html

In reply to Message (59434.1) Info Re:Vidown sites.

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net us Sun 20/10/13 19:46:35 GMT

Most of my sites are under the Vidown system and none of my customers have been reporting problems. The only issues we know of are concering folks trying to download using an iPad, cos the vidown system is not fully compatible for mac o/s iPad users. But for desktop users there are no known issues.

You will not get technical help by posting vague questions on this forum, you must be more specific and contact the mothership tech support and be more specific...i.e. contact Patrick at  soundguy@themothership.net and provide these infos

- quote the specific error message you are seeing on screen

- report your computers ip address, so it can be pinged and your connection can be checked (you can get your ip address by going to www.whatsmyip.org)

- report the name of your ISP company (your flag says you are trying to access from Australia)

- Check the speed of your internet connection by going to www.speedtest.net and there you can test your download and upload speed to your ISP. These days a good ISP company should be giving you a download speed of at least 50mbps and an upload speed of at least 10mbps. If you see your speeds are less than 10mbps for downloads that means you are living in the stoneage (under Ayres Rock...ha ha)  and should contact your ISP to upgrade your speed or change to a new ISP internet service.

MK

In reply to Message (59434) None Vidown sites.

By Cleman - au Sun 20/10/13 14:19:03 GMT

Hi Guys, just wondering if anyone else has had trouble buying clips from Vidown.com. Iv'e tried to but from 2 different sites now, who both use Vidown.com, and it keep coming up with error msgs. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Cle.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
Clips4Sale

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.004 seconds to generate ]