Wetlook-Online

Message # 58846.1.1

Subject: None Re:What fetish means to different people

Date: Sun 18/08/13 23:13:33 GMT

Name: MK us

Email: wamtec@comcast.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

I think you nailed it with your definition of what a fetish really is, and how the term is often misused.....e.g. people often say that Elvis had a fetish for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches....but that was not a fetish....it was merely a craving....cos he used to eat them. A fetish would have been where you cover your body in peanut butter and jelly in order to get sexually aroused....now THATS a peanut butter fetish....ha ha......

That Montreal event is quite interesting, but those are not "fetishists".....they are all EXHIBITIONISTS who enjoy parading around in latex. Their whole motives are "look at me....look at me"....wanting some attention. A true fetishist is not about trying to gain attention for themselves, and is more focused on "worshipping an object"...which is the dictionary definition as AnythonyX says.

The true litmus test of a fetish is whether a person can achieve orgasm without worshipping their favorite object....because if you can't, then you are a true fetishist.....but if you can have traditional sex and orgasm without your favorite object being included in the equation, then your fetish is not really a fetish and is really just a part time hobby that you sometimes use to spice up your life.

That is what most of these latex people are at these bondage and latex conventions.....they are "weekend warriors" or exhibitionists who are not dependent on a fetish and merely like to engage in some fun parties to spice up their lives.

So basically....the folks at these conventions are no different to the Trekkies who go to Star Trek or Star Wars conventions or the folks who enjoy going to the ComiCon comic book and Cosplay conventions.....they just enjoy dressing up and gaining some attention and having a bit of fun....they are not walking around all day at these conventions with an erection....ha ha.

MK

In reply to Message (58846.1) Talking What fetish means to different people

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Sun 18/08/13 21:16:05 GMT

The term "fetish"has a clinical definition... some object, situation, etc. you need to achieve sexual satisfaction; what that object or whatever might be is up to the person in question, and could be just about anything imaginable.

Why does is seem that in the general public consciousness, "fetish" = BDSM + leather/latex/PVC + whips/chains, etc., exactly no more or less (well, maybe throw in goth when it's sexualized)?

As if all of those things always go together, never one without all the rest, and as soon as one appears, it's "fetish", no more or less. Like "fetish" is a stereotype, and within the fetish stereotype is a fixed checklist of behaviors, costuming, and paraphenalia.

Seems to me that the Montreal fetish weekend, as fun as it may be for the participants, is only reinforcing the stereotype.

Am I reading it wrong?

In reply to Message (58846) Links Montreal Fetish weekend in Fountains

By magician - ex Sun 18/08/13 12:17:35 GMT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZCGgOG9wwQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uYX8IBkWwg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUNCZ7XLc5E

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.030 seconds to generate ]