Wetlook-Online

Message # 58701.1.1

Subject: Talking Re:Why my models keep their hair dry

Date: Sat 03/08/13 08:57:01 GMT

Name: Wetlongskirts gb

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
Whilst the point about the cleanliness of the water is one thing, I think if the model doesn't get her hair wet in photo and video shoots, to me they just become nothing more than characterless, staged sessions without any atmosphere or sense (or, let's face it, pretence) that the model is truly enjoying getting wet, ultimately leading her to give herself to the water completely.

On the other hand, of course, Bob isnt charging people for his photos, so can't be expected to do more than he and his models are comfortable with.

In reply to Message (58701.1) Thumbs Up Re:Why my models keep their hair dry

By Cliff - us Fri 02/08/13 20:48:19 GMT

Thanks for responding, that is nice to see. I understand there are difficulties in every photo shoot, and I appreciate your work and attention to your craft.

That having been said, though, it seems like there are easy solutions to at least a couple of these problems. For instance, when shooting in a body of water of questionable quality, you can actually bring clean water with you for the model to use on her hair. Just because she's in a lake doesn't mean she has to use that water. Wet is wet. As for drying hair off for the next shoot, they make cheap and inexpensive hair dryers and portable fans that run on batteries or plug into a car's cigarette lighter. There is a solution for everything if you're really motivated to find it.

I know a lot of people on this forum only care about wet clothes, but for me, I love wet clothes AND wet hair, and I don't think I'm alone. It's up to you about whether or not to please a significant portion of your audience or continue to find excuses to leave them out. You'll decide for yourself whether or not you think it's worth the trouble, but I'll tell you this: the best wetlook producers - Erik Elsas, Leonmoomin, Splash of Glamour, and Chris B. - all make it a point to include wet hair at all times. You're obviously extremely talented and I would love to see your photography reach its full potential.

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond, not everyone does that, and it's really cool.

In reply to Message (58701) Pulsing Why my models keep their hair dry

By Bob - bob@brwd.co.uk ex Fri 02/08/13 15:51:08 GMT

Thank you for your interest and observations about how few of my images show models with wet hair. There are two main reasons for this;

In the case of outdoor  location shoots, the models are often understandably not happy to put their faces and hair in lakes and rivers as the water can’t be guaranteed to be clean, although I do take advice about water quality prior to the shoot – e’g. toxins and algae which can cause skin irritation.  Also, there are few opportunities for models to dry their hair when away from a power supply.

From a photographer’s point, I often get models to wear more than one outfit on a wet shoot – sometimes several dresses. I like to start off each scenario with the model completely dry and to get progressively wet. If her hair is already wet from a previous set, then that can be a problem. Wet hair also tends to make the fresh new dry dress wet when she puts it on. That is why I ask the models to dry themselves thoroughly after taking off soaking wet clothes before putting on dry ones. That is a big problem with already wet bras as these soon make the next dry dress damp, as in the case of this one of Charlotte who has dark damp patches across her breasts before she went anywhere near the water:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69348459@N08/9257975482/in/set-72157634583040376

I do take images of models in wet clothes and with wet hair. Many of these are in their baths and showers at home or under a wetset shower in a studio.

Hair-flick shots taken in the lake always involve wet hair (obviousl0 and I have done many of those.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.015 seconds to generate ]