Wetlook-Online

Message # 58334.1.1.1.1

Subject: None Re:Evaporating content

Date: Sat 29/06/13 21:04:58 GMT

Name: Gary Kay uu

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

OMG the Vintage Wetlook Site!! Since my puter died 7 weeks past I lost and perhaps forget about the really classic sites.  I used to maintain a site using Tripods site development tools and knowledge of basic HTML code typing and structure, the site is still there but inactive for some of the same reason, lack of time and lack of input. (A Wetting Album) Maybe if we knew what might be involved in maintaining a site in terms of skill levels someone might be better prepared to offer their time, of course the same age old obstacle of contributions and input still remain.

I agree with MK and Ed R. that a new site is not really needed and it is easier, perhaps, to maintain and or revive existing sites. Certainly less work.

I miss my 1959 Chevrolet Belair!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=1959+chevrolet&client=firefox-a&hs=Po2&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=np&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=BD3PUdrNMqOTyQHd_YGgCw&ved=0CCwQsAQ&biw=1309&bih=917#imgdii=_

In reply to Message (58334.1.1.1) Square Re:Evaporating content

By EdR - asplashofglamour@gmail.com uu Sat 29/06/13 20:25:27 GMT

"I think both concerns are valid."

Anthony X, Unfortunately, only one of those concerns has legal ramifications which trumps the other. Therein lies the problem with the whole idea. Its sad that many producers have disappeared with time along with the material they produced, thats why I would say, buy now, buy while it's still available, because once it's gone, it's gone, just like the 150 sets we recently took down. The good news is, there is still plenty of new stuff out there, and it will be available for a time to come, but nothing is for ever. I would love to buy an original 65 Mustang, and sometimes you get a second opportunity;

http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineCatalog/SheetMetal/body.htm

And you just never know :)

Sincerely EdR

In reply to Message (58334.1.1) None Evaporating content

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Sat 29/06/13 18:56:52 GMT

I think both concerns are valid.

On the one hand, content is produced and made available (under whatever terms), and then seems to fade into oblivion as the producer ceases his/her efforts and/or interests in maintaining availability of that content. We've seen it happen many times, and for many reasons. A lot of the time it seems to be economic - the producer no longer finds it viable to maintain a site for content few people are buying (or supporting by way of "contribution"). Maybe it's not about a whole website, but just a portion of a catalog. Sadly, we've seen producers (or self-producing models) pass away, and their works have seemed to disappear as well. Sometimes, again - sadly - a woman whose work has been well-liked has to retreat for her own safety or sanity.

From the point of view of the consumer, it's a loss whenever something like that ceases to be available.

From the point of view of the producer, as Ed points out, they own their works and have rights to how those works are distributed. If a producer chooses to withdraw a catalog previously offered for sale, that's the way it is, especially if it's for personal reasons.

What about economic reasons? What if there was a co-operative site to which a producer could release works which are no longer economically viable on a "branded" site... these works would still be sold to consumers (not free), and the producer could still earn some amount of royalty. Something like Clips4Sale, but "not for profit", with sale prices simply covering operating costs and returning the remainder to the producer as a royalty? Would there be an "economy of scale" that would permit an entire catalog of "slow sellers" to remain available? Or would the storage and bandwidth costs associate with "window shopping" render it entirely uneconomic?

In reply to Message (58334.1) Read This Re:I have an idea ... and a video ;)

By EdR - asplashofglamour@gmail.com uu Sat 29/06/13 17:46:49 GMT

It's a novel idea but as a producer (and I'm sure many other producers will agree) I couldn't support the idea as it stands. The reason is copyright. Every image or video is created by someone. By law they own the copyright to that image or video. It doesn't matter if the image was freely shared or intended for purchase, the copyright is owned by the person who created the image and unless copyright was specifically sold, no one owns the rights to any image, even if they purchased a copy. Every image we sell is a copy of the original, but we do not allow anyone to resell, trade or reproduce any image without our specific permission, as we are the only copyright holder of all images we produce or create. Of course, from time to time most free images end up on other sites and most producers don't get too mad, so long as the images were not intended for sale by the producer, (such as samples) and so long as the images are properly credited and watermarks remain intact. But it's still polite to ask first for permission.

On your site, you wrote:

The objectives of the association are:

1.The preservation of the material on a website for access to partners. Active members will have access to all the photos and videos of the web, if the project is successful, over time this site will become a big archive.

2.Try to pick up the greatest number of works in pictures and videos donations from producers and fans.

3.Provide members with a place to display and maintain their production indefinitely.

4.The creation of new quality material for partners.

Herer are some of my own concerns;

Referring to #1, Preservation of material. I would not object so long as permission to use each and every image is given by the copyright holder. Even better would be that you share a copy of the email or letter specifically showing permission from the copyright owner's permission

Referring to #2, Picture and video donations. Once again any image donated must be accompanied by permission from the copyright owner. Images provided by fans which did not create the image or video themselves, should not be accepted without the permission of the copyright holder of the image or video, likewise images produced by the fans makes them copyright owners and they should also give permission for each and every image they donate.

Reffering to #3, A place to display and maintain their production indefinitely. Again, this would be based on if the copyright owner of preserved images agrees to this.

I'm fine with #4 as it stands. Going back to copyright, I'm not trying to be an ass about it, but unfortunately producers have to safeguard their interests which is why copyright laws exist, otherwise anyone can steal intellectual property and make money from it. So long as permission to use each and every image is given, you may find lawsuits piling up at your front door and this would be bad for you too, so you may want to consider keeping everything legal to also protect yourself. Now if you cannot find the original copyright owner to the image, you're out of luck. Even if the producer dies, the image they created doesn't automatically become "public domain", copyright goes to next of kin. The only other way around copyright is to purchase the rights to the image, not just the image itself.

It's not a bad idea, but it involves legal issues which you and potential members might want to look into first, but good luck with it anyway

Sincerely EdR

In reply to Message (58334) Read This I have an idea ... and a video ;)

By rillater - info@yobidu.com es Sat 29/06/13 16:18:01 GMT

hi guys, I have in mind a new project and wanted to know your opinion.

I take time thinking about the problems surrounding the conservation of wetlook productions. I have seen in many cases, very good material gone when disappeared the web that contained it, with no chance of seeing it again, in other cases, for space problems on the websites of the producers, we see good material is definitely removed.

Wetlook photos and videos are a minority artistic expression, and like all digital art deserves to be defended. for that reason I thought of creating a virtual non-profit association with the target of conservation of such material. I was inspired for this idea in general initiatives for the conservation of material found on the Internet, such as http://archive.org/index.php / www.archive.org . my idea is create a wetlook archive, and promote the creation of good wetlook videos.

I created a website where I explain my idea in detail and where those interested can exchange opinions, is  http://wetlook.es/association/idea where I have also created a form to see the interest you may have this idea and a forum to discuss the idea.

I am very interested to know your opinion and if you find it interesting to create a project of this type.

I also uploaded a new video with a preview of some videos that I wish they were in that  wetlook archive http://wetlook.es/video/view/127

I wait your feedback

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.033 seconds to generate ]