minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Thu 25/04/24 18:41:22 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

MyWetloook

Message # 58333.3.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Subject: Idea Re:Skirts and dresses material ???

Date: Tue 02/07/13 14:35:23 GMT

Name: guitar guy us

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Thank you EdR for your response. The more one knows about photography, the more one can appreciate the quality of your work, composition of the shot, lighting, shadows, (contrast) lighting, and the technical aspects such as light temperature, aperture, f stop settings, etc, etc, depth of field... All of this can be manipulated to achieve realism, or effect, anything the artist wants to create.

I just want to chime in on Anthony's point about realism. I think almost any person can see and appreciate quality, detail, symbolism, dramatic effect, all of the more literary components in a photo (or film) that evokes an emotional response. I personally prefer wetlook to be expressive, but also technically realistic. (not overly enhanced yellows at sunset etc) That's just me.. just a bit OCD with the quality of anything, a sound recording, a film, or photography... a well made appliance !  haha!

I'd like to also comment on the vintage effect. I sell guitars. I am also a musician. Gibson and Fender, and other manufacturers offer classic guitar models in both "vintage old spec" or "road worn" versions as well as vintage "new" or the same vintage model as it was back in 1960. So, the guitarist can choose either an aged VOS model that sounds, looks and plays exactly like an actual vintage model plays today, or turn the clock back to 1960 as if you just purchased it from a music store.

So, my suggestion is to offer both, maybe the same sets with, and without the nostalgic vintage effect. Perhaps the customer can choose to buy, or choose the dl they prefer?

One more footnote about the nylons. Speaking for myself, I think I may have a fetish for nylons that sets the precedent for wet nylons in wetlook. Other articles of clothing are also fine, and the idea of any female entering a body of water dressed in anything is fine with me, definitely like! But I think there is something special about how ladies have always perceived nylons in particular, and a large part is how they make her legs look, and that she feels sexy wearing them. Going in water is like turbo charging that, an overload of two very sensuous components, the sensuous nylons (look and feel) and then adding the sensuality of water (also look and feel) So, then, The ladies may have been (and still would be) reluctant in real life to overload the senses that much in a public setting. This is why I think nylons in the lake, or in the sea has been so rare (more rare today than ever)

Nylons have a special essence and appeal in wetlook, and here is why I think so,  

Nylon is a thin material that is mostly transparent on the legs which add depth and luster. It is especially the natural tones that go more transparent in the water. They do wonderful things, being a lightweight material, yet being also compliant and elastic. Pockets of air form, the material moves with the water in unique ways. The water's surface tension properties form the sheen, which rapidly can change to more of a matte surface as water surface tension "breaks" and retreats back into the material. (by capillary action, another property of water) The behavior of water in nylons, changing in this way, also induces sensation for the lady, and maybe it just feels very nice. Cotton socks would be different, as cotton is more absorbtive, so cotton remains heavy and laden, longer. There are not the abrupt changes that occur as compared to nylons. But these effects occur mostly out of the water... so that's why a nylons photoset and video needs to have much footage out of the water. (in my opinion) One college girl told me, as I had asked her on the phone what it was like (she knew about my "fetish" so she was ok with pushing my buttons for her own amusement.. and she was dating a football player who would have beat me up if he knew) .... she described her wet nylons experiences as a "pulling away" effect, both cling and "pulling away" which probably is an accurate description. She also said she felt very sexy in them, wet.

thanks again for reading, and it is my hope all the producers will consider the favor of nylons as a garment option. It's not only to cater to the "legs man" who's nuts for nylons, probably a small group, but I believe there is an innate appeal among men who can take em, or leave em, but may think the nylons are a nice touch.

In reply to Message (58333.3.1.1.1.1.1.1.1) None Re:Skirts and dresses material ???

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Tue 02/07/13 04:17:23 GMT

I understand your point. I think one could generalize photography (digital or otherwise) into two broad categories. On the one hand, there is the attempt to capture what the eye sees (or at least what the brain thinks the eye sees) - an attempt to reproduce reality as faithfully as possible. On the other hand, there is art... where the capture image is only one step along the way in a whole artistic process. I suppose that both categories tend to overlap and borrow from each other. The raw image captured by the camera probably needs some tweaking, even if the goal is to be faithful to the original scene, and the result is subtly "enhanced" beyond reality. That I can understand. I can certainly appreciate the artistic element of going beyond that to create a result which no longer represents the scene as viewed by the photographer.

I guess what I was getting at was that, when viewing the final product, one believes it to be faithful to the original scene, even if it took some artful adjustments to get there.

In reply to Message (58333.3.1.1.1.1.1.1) Bouncing Re:Skirts and dresses material ???

By EdR - asplashofglamour@gmail.com uu Tue 02/07/13 03:09:13 GMT

Already risking going "off topic" on this one, the technical side of experimenting with photography, particularly imitating the vintage look is always a lot of fun for me. I even own 4 Polaroids, one being a pristine Model 103. Imitating a vintage photographic look would not necessarily be the reason, I'd do such a theme, rather, it would be the vintage style. We still want to see all of the details associated with wetlook photography, capturing the shine and clinginess of wet fabric against a female form, so very little would be done to diminish the overall quality of the image.

You mention that when you look at the old black & white photos, what it must had been like to see what the photographer saw. It's really no different today. These days, the equipment maybe more advanced, but many techniques remain the same. Successful old school photographers who took images on black & white film, had to view things in terms of tonality and contrast, so they likely didn't just shoot at whatever and live with an image that lacked color. They actually accounted for it. They had to think in terms of black and white. In many respects a good black and white image can appear much sharper. Details seem more pronounced and certain flaws such as chromatic aberrations, or color fringing aren't a factor. But I can understand that it's really a matter of preference. We want to see things in color and in wetlook we want to be able to see all the details in high resolution. But anyway, if the idea is something everyone would like to see, I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Sincerely EdR

In reply to Message (58333.3.1.1.1.1.1) None Re:Skirts and dresses material ???

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Tue 02/07/13 02:10:30 GMT

I for one appreciate what might now be considered a "retro" look - skirts and hose, and that includes styles going back to the 40s as well as up to at the 80s or perhaps even more recent. While I can understand the reason you wanted to imitate the "vintage" look in all its respects, I'd just as soon see the finished product faithfully reproduce the scene - in other words, full color without any of the "aged photo" effects (sepia, grain, diminished contrast, etc.).

When I look at some of those old black and white pictures on the vintage wetlook site, it makes me wonder what the photographer would have seen with his own eyes directly on the scene, before all the losses and distortions of black-and-white film capture, printing, contrast adjustments, exposure corrections, re-printing, half-toning, aging, and eventual scanning. For example, what might someone on-set have been able to see when Marie Wilson got soaked in The Fabulous Joe.

Ed, I appreciate your willingness to experiment and accomodate the tastes of all the wetlook fans. I've really enjoyed the style you've set in your work, and the result, and I look forward to more in the future.

In reply to Message (58333.3.1.1.1.1) On Drugs Re:Skirts and dresses material ???

By EdR - asplashofglamour@gmail.com uu Mon 01/07/13 23:42:10 GMT

Hello guitar guy;

Thank you for the complements, we really do try to appeal to as many different tastes as possible. Of course those tastes are very diverse. One person can like one thing while another likes the opposite, but we always try to appeal to the greatest number of fans as possible. We also try to produce top quality photographic images which we hope gives us a unique style.

You wrote; "I think maybe some ladies hate them, or maybe there are not enough requests?"

Admittedly we don't get very many requests for nylons, pantyhose, etc. But this certainly doesn't diminish your voice as we do occasionally produce a few images that have nylons. In fact a new update will be coming with a beautiful redhead in a shower wearing nylons that will be available within this week. It's not really a matter, if the ladies like them or hate them. Many of the fantastic girls we get to work with, are professional enough to understand that the outfits they wear are for our viewing pleasure. But we also have very specific requirements when we put together a look and a style so that when we photograph the models, everything will look cohesive in the final image. Unfortunately nylons may not fit a particular style or look, so we won't use them in if everything together doesn't look right.

Many contemporary styles do not include nylons as part of the fashion trend today, for the reasons you pointed out. Today's street-ware tends to be jeans and a t-shirt and yet these are also popular among wetlook fans. Look at the Ugg boot craze among some fans, the boots are in no way attractive to me, but others want to see girls wear them in the water, likely because at some point in their lives, they had seen a very attractive women wearing a pair. Jeans are also very popular wetlook clothes, and some producers have dedicated sites to jeans. Everyone has their own tastes and every taste is different. Personally I do like the dressed up look and we seek inspiration from modern styles. However, unlike the 50s-60s era of fashion, modern day high end contemporary fashions usually don't include, proper undergarments, hose, nylons, or even petticoats.

Now there is something I had proposed some time ago, but I never got back much response. That is, I can produce a wetlook site that has a more "vintage" appeal. Here is an example;

I created this image with the intent to give the image that nostalgic vintage look. On the technical side, I photographed the image using old school photography techniques and lighting, and I modified the image to look like it's aged and color shifted. More importantly, on the style side, we carefully picked out clothes for this set that appeared like it came from the 50s or 60s. If there is an interest for "vintage inspired" wetlook we can do more of this and it would likely feature more nylons and pantyhose, along with dresses. Not to forget that there is a diverse range of wetlook tastes, we could also do other vintage styles, such as a 60s go-go look, a 70s era hippy-look etc.

Sincerely EdR

In reply to Message (58333.3.1.1.1) Thumbs Up Re:Skirts and dresses material ???

By guitar guy - us Mon 01/07/13 04:17:55 GMT

A splash of glamour is a spectacular site, definitely beautiful ladies, and wearing the prescribed heels, but lacking only one component. I have purchased a few sets, but only when the outfit is complete with nylons. I think maybe some ladies hate them, or maybe there are not enough requests? But indeed the footwear, socks, or stockings, or pantyhose are clothing. Isn't it wet clothing we are looking for? If it be footwear, or boots, or winter clothing, a purse, jewelry and makeup, all are inclusive in details, and decorating one's self..... all the fuss and trouble she went through to look nice, then, just to get wet, (in reality or fantasy) IS what glamorous wetlook is all about. It's human nature to dress up, we do it for ritual, (ie: weddings, graduations, concerts) or anyone at any time who wishes attention, or admiration for beauty. (at the grocery store, or out to dinner) But the trend has been contrary, comfort takes precedence, less time and trouble in "decorating ourselves" for these events/ activities.

I really like your site, but I like nylons on a lady, especially if she gets wet wearing them, but that's just me.

I realize the current trend is to dress down, even formal events are bare legs, sandals, conservative with the jewelry, etc. So, in the 21st century, what we now define this as "glamorous" was not glamorous in the 40's-50's, but no less beautiful. It seems that body art has taken precedence over what clothes a person is wearing, more attention the tatoo, or what logo is on the T-shirt, as long as it is the usual T-shirt and jeans. (does getting a tat wet qualify for wetlook?  haha) The 60's in particular was a chic era, simple fashion yet elegant, flattering to the female body line, but.. still fully dressed with proper undergarments, stockings/ pantyhose, accessories.

This may be a good idea for a producer to pick up on, but with the hope it would generate enough interest to do a body of work based upon it (ie: eames era 60's fashion theme, for instance)

thanks for reading, keep up the great work!!

In reply to Message (58333.3.1.1) None Re:Skirts and dresses material ???

By EdR - asplashofglamour@gmail.com uu Sun 30/06/13 14:20:13 GMT

You are correct, jeans & pants are popular among wetlook fans, and we often get requests for that. We also get requests for many other things as well, but "A Splash of Glamour" will always include a wide variety of styles, and we will always try to offer a unique balance of different looks

Sincerely EdR

In reply to Message (58333.3.1) None Re:Skirts and dresses material ???

By skirt and dresses wet - es Sun 30/06/13 08:07:41 GMT

I know your page offers a lot of skirts and dresses sets, thanks!! ANd i know there are some other pages which offers this kind of stuff. But i was talking about tendencies. Producers which offered skirts and dresses stuff are showing jeans and pants more and more. And obviously producers aren't the responsible of it, as this is a market and a business, and selling jeans, pants, leggins and jeans again is more productive and profitable for them.

I just would like to see a webpage dedicated to skirts and dresses or at least i also would like to see skirts and dresses fans more active than they are to try to encourage wetlook producers.

Have a nice day!

In reply to Message (58333.3) DVD/CD Re:Skirts and dresses material ???

By EdR - asplashofglamour@gmail.com uu Sat 29/06/13 15:07:18 GMT

Hello

Hope you don't mind me barging into your topic with a sales pitch, but have you seen "A Splash of Glamour"?? We often photograph women in a wide variety of outfits which includes long dresses and plenty of skirts in a wide variety of situations, locations and such. Here are a few examples;

Sincerely EdR

asplashofglamour.com

In reply to Message (58333) None Skirts and dresses material ???

By skirt and dresses wet - es Sat 29/06/13 09:37:59 GMT

Hi!

Since a long time ago, it's very difficult to find wetlook material with skirts and dresses. Summer is arriving and current page shows jeans, pants, leggings, and sometimes business suits with tight skirts, or short jean skirts. Some page offers wet prom dresses occassionally. But we cannot see long summer skirts, or maxi dresses/skirts, and so many kind of dresses or skirts that exist.  In fact, since "leonmoomin page", it doesn't exist a webpage or a section of any webpage focused only in skirts and dresses. What i supposse is that this is not an interesting topic for wetlook fans in general.

This is just what i think, i would like to encourage producers to produce more about this stuff.

Bye and enjoy this weekend!!

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
Clips4Sale

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.034 seconds to generate ]