minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Fri 19/04/24 05:51:14 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

MyWetloook

Message # 58307.4.1.2.1.1

Subject: Scatter Re:You have a own pool?

Date: Sat 29/06/13 04:56:07 GMT

Name: EdR uu

Email: asplashofglamour@gmail.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
Hello Anthony

Hmm, I've always wondered why the previous owners chose to go with a semi in ground pool? My guess was that they were concerned for the oak tree behind the pool which would have a large root system in the way. But I will concede other possible reasons, such as compliance with city ordinances, personal preference, etc.

Most  semi in ground pools I have seen were basically above ground pools which have been recessed into the ground, but never had I seen an in ground pool that was built above grade although I have seen in ground pools which were built on slopes or the house shared the same foundation level as the pool, but our house is built "at grade" on a slab foundation (no basements here either) and the property is pretty flat, so who knows why the pool was built above grade. But it's a fantastic pool for photo shoots.

As for Kahuna's pool, that one looks to me like an above ground pool which is possibly semi recessed and enclosed into a room. Cost wise, above ground is an affordable way to have a pool, in grounds tend to last far longer and increase the value of the home, but there is a third alternative, that being a swim spa. Some being small enough to fit in a room, such as a living room or basement space.

Sincerely EdR

In reply to Message (58307.4.1.2.1) None Re:You have a own pool?

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Sat 29/06/13 02:38:16 GMT

Ed, what you've described is known as a "semi-in-ground" pool. Not common, but I've seen at least a couple in my area (Southern Ontario). I think one of the reasons for semi-in-ground may relate to siting issues, but cost is a factor too. At least in this area, above-ground is least cost, full in-ground is highest cost, with semi-in-ground in between. I suppose another factor favouring it could be the elevation of the house... if the main level of the house is above grade, you could match the level of the pool deck to the main level of the house.

By the way... I believe Wet Kahuna's pool is semi-in-ground. I've seen what I think are clues to this on some of his pics/clips.

In reply to Message (58307.4.1.2) Pulsing Re:You have a own pool? html

By EdR - asplashofglamour@gmail.com uu Sat 29/06/13 01:24:57 GMT

"you can f.e. add an outdoor pool to the house and put some kind of greenhouse construction aroud it. something like asplashofglamour made, but maybe with insulation for colder climates. im building a pool right now, and would thank splashofglamour and his "studio" for inspiring the idea of a greenhouse." As an FYI, the asplashofglamour "studio" is our own outdoor pool. In fact it was one of the main features that attracted us to purchase this home many years ago. The pool is ideal for our needs. Unlike the myriad of small and not so deep kidney shaped pools that are very common in Florida, this particular pool is quite large and deep, perfect to shoot underwater images. The pool is also has a screen enclosure which is important as Florida is loaded with mosquitos. The pool is rather unique. It's an in-ground pool, but it is built about 2 feet above grade. The pool is 8 feet deep, but the actual depth of the hole is only 6 feet into the ground. I've never seen another one like it and my only guess as to why the pool deck is above grade maybe due to a large oak tree with very large roots, and which is very near the pool and probably existed long before the pool was installed by the previous owner. Another interesting feature of this pool is thats it's located on the side of the house instead of behind. While interesting, when we purchased the home, the privacy of the pool area was a real concern to us because the pool could be seen from the street, due to it's location on the side of the house, and the higher level of the pool deck made it easy to be seen from the street. The previous owners tried to increase privacy by growing bushes along the front of the pool, but it was barely adequate. So out of necessity, I installed corrugated steel all around the parameter of the screen enclosure while leaving the top screens intact. It's completely private and it has the feel of being in a really big room with a huge skylight. We just love it. The only thing which I intend to do to increase our privacy is to add a waterfall, not simply because it would look pretty, but the sound of the waterfall will mask the sounds and conversations of all of our "fun" from the neighbors ears. The idea of putting a pool inside of a greenhouse is a logical evolution of what we did with our pool and the need for privacy. At times I've thought about enclosing the top with glass panels. That would be fantastic for keeping the pool warm during the winter months, but here in Florida, it would likely be prohibitively hot during the summer months. But if you happen to live in milder climates or at higher latitudes a greenhouse could be ideal. It certainly falls in the category of "why didn't I think of that" Sincerely EdR
In reply to Message (58307.4.1) None Re:You have a own pool?

By alex - de Fri 28/06/13 09:54:17 GMT

there are many pool forums out there where you get valuable information.

there is much more to a pool than digging a hole and filling it with plastic sheets and water.

filters, light, heat etc. have to be considered. but its not too much for what you get. for.

you can f.e. add an outdoor pool to the house and put some kind of greenhouse construction aroud it.

something like asplashofglamour made, but maybe with insulation for colder climates.

im building a pool right now, and would thank splashofglamour and his "studio" for inspiring the idea of a greenhouse.

join a pool building forum - best choice i made to prevent problems and learn from others.

like here, you can contact expers.

In reply to Message (58307.4) Hello Re:You have a own pool?

By rillater - info@yobidu.com es Fri 28/06/13 08:18:15 GMT

To have an indoor pool is my dream, unfortunately I live in an apartment, so at the moment this hard to have private pool :(
In reply to Message (58307) None You have a own pool?

By Wetlooker2 - se Thu 27/06/13 13:24:50 GMT

My dream are to have a own indoor pool there i can take a dip every day if i want,

maybe with clothes on every time to, in my first and second apartment i have i

have a bathtub, 95 times of 100 i go in to the water clothed.

Any here have make it possible to swim indoors

how much you want in your own home?

Maybe a good way to be a wetlook producer to.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
Clips4Sale

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.033 seconds to generate ]