Wetlook-Online

Message # 5814.3

Subject: Hello it is stealing

Date: Thu 11/09/03 18:35:08 GMT

Name: Kev gb

Email: kev.styx@ntlworld.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Any piece of material that has "intellectual properties" belongs to the copyright holder- this can be a song, photograph, movie, drawing, painting, etc.

When you buy one of theses products you own the physical media that the product is supplied on, ie: the CD, tape, DVD, paper. However you DO NOT own the material that is on that media- when you purchase a CD you effectively buy a license to hear that material.

So you can do anything you want with the CD, however you cannot do anything you want with the song that it on it.

You certainly cannot publish the material that is on there- which means allowing another person to see or hear it without an additional license. In legal terms publihing means allowing a another person to see the material or hear the material- irrespective of whether this is done for profit or not.

The "profit" aspect has no bearing on criminality. If someone steals your car it doesn't make it less of a crime if he gives it away to a friend rather than selling it to make money.

Similarly with a car, you can by one and own one- but it doesn't give you the right to copy it and sell it or give away the design to someone else- it's the same principle, you own the car but you don't own the rights to the intellectual property and patents that go into the production and design of it.

On the subject of greed- it's true many producers of material (of all types) have been guilty of greed and to some degree have bought this on to themselves. However, many consumers are also guilty of greed and no matter how much prices are reduced many people will try to find a method of getting something for nothing.

Comparing the cost of raw media to the final cost of a product is nonsense- a CD may only cost less than a $1, so what? It's like comparing the cost of a book or magazine to the value of the paper it's written on or the value of a car to the amount of steel it has in it- it's a miniscule proportion of the true cost/value of the product.

In reply to Message (5814) Note Off topic but read......

By Zamboni - gb Wed 10/09/03 00:06:12 GMT

Whats going on with people in america dowloading music and getting find for it? I have sheadloads and am now thinking of moving it all off the hard drive but this has to be a last resort! Are the people using Kazzaa or Kazzaa light like i am? I would be be sh***ng myself now if i was in america! Is this likly to come over to o'l Blighty?

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.019 seconds to generate ]