Wetlook-Online

Message # 5814.1.2.1.2.1.1.1

Subject: Hello Pretty well put.

Date: Wed 10/09/03 11:40:56 GMT

Name: Walt us

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Sure the dollar or so royalty adds up over several hundred thousand or more copies, but if everybody shared, the royalties (read: performer's bread and butter) would drop. If a person could count on a few hundred dollars per copy with the rest of the people who listen sharing/copying, they would need "a day job" to live off of.

We all pay for music we hear off the air (& TV shows we watch). It is called advertising! The vendors use a portion of the income from their products/services to pay for the ads.

There is nothing wrong sharing public domain material. Many new bands do get their exposure that way. But when it becomes a source of their livelyhood, things change. Most performers rely on their royalty payments to live off of (excluding their concert income). I could not afford to offer my services for free, not many people can!!

As Gooby stated, they have to pay to record the music so you can enjoy it. It would not be at all fair to expect the performer to pay for us to enjoy their music out of their own pockets with nothing in return, either.

Just my public domain 2-cents!!

In reply to Message (5814.1.2.1.2.1.1) Hello Amazing how many opinions there are on this... even if their wrong.

By Gooby - us Wed 10/09/03 10:24:48 GMT

Radio is payed for.  The radio stations pay large amounts of money to license the music from the ASCAP.  Last I knew it was roughly 5% of the gross yearly profits.  A restaurant can't even spin a CD over the speakers unless they want to pay fees to the ASCAP.

The music has to paid for somehow.  They gotta offset a lot of expenses for recording costs, advertising costs, and so on.  I gotta ask you George where your getting ripped off for 18 to 20 bucks a CD.  I havn't payed more then 12.99 for a CD for a long time... try Best Buy or Circuit City.  As you said... "I believe the cost of (CD's) should be around 8 dollars"... I believe that all Wetlook media should be free to us... but then we probably wouldn't have much to look at.  I am not defending the music industry... as I know some of the big name musicians are sometimes collecting as little as 1 to 2 dollars per CD they sell why the record label picks up the rest.  So...you may not like it, but it is fair.

There was a girl here in the states that is 12 years old that is living in a housing project that was just sued the other day.  They ended up settling for $2000 with RIAA.  The fact is... they are scaring people out of doing this, and its working.  

In reply to Message (5814.1.2.1.2.1) Thumbs Up Re:Good point double D!

By George - us Wed 10/09/03 09:27:17 GMT

Another thing is,remember when VHS tapes first came out?(I believe the very first tapes for sale was the whole James Bond series),back then they wanted several hundreds dollars for the tape set!(GREED!),then when people started pooling their money together to buy them and then made copies on blank tapes,the cost was forcibly driven down,(today you can buy a movie for about twenty bucks-in some cases even less).I for one REFUSE to spend eighteen to twenty bucks for a stinking c.d.! I believe the cost should be around eight dollars,(maybe ten if I really,REALLY like the artist),that's what I HOPED would have happened by now but NO!I walk into tower records and they still demand twenty bucks or more for ONE c.d.!!!It's the principle of the thing,if c.d.'s were eight bucks I'd buy a whole lot more of them!I only shop in the bargain bin of the store.Downloading music for free atually HELPS not hurts new artists! A friend of mine years ago wanted to start his own independent record label,cause he says there are bands out there that sound better than anything you've ever heard on the radio!The internet helps get their music out there!All they need is a record deal,but of course its all politics"control what people hear and see ie;MUSIC {& news} and you control their thoughts.  
In reply to Message (5814.1.2.1.2) Hello If thats the case then....

By DDMan - ddman@rcsis.com us Wed 10/09/03 06:04:17 GMT

Public radio is illegal. I never paid to listen to the songs on the local radio stations.  If I hear a song on the radio, record it for my PERSONAL use (and no other), how is that illegal?  It was publicly distributed.
In reply to Message (5814.1.2.1) Hello Re: How the hell is it stealing?

By Whyohwhycantthingsbsimple - uu Wed 10/09/03 05:25:27 GMT

Because you haven't paid for the privelidge of listening to it!  If EVERYONE felt the same way as you, how would the artists ever get paid??  It's just the same as cracking a Members area for 'your own use'
In reply to Message (5814.1.2) Question How the hell is it stealing?

By David - spawn75@bellsouth.net us Wed 10/09/03 03:13:12 GMT

Unless the person who is downloading it is selling it, there's not a copyright violation. It's only illegal if somebody is making a profit off it. If I go download a song online for my personal use, how is that illegal?
In reply to Message (5814.1) Hello It's called stealing

By Anon - us Wed 10/09/03 01:59:33 GMT

Simple as that.  It is no different than walking into a store, pulling a CD off the shelf, slipping it in your pocket and walking out the door.  Songs and videos are the products that artists sell in order to make a living.
In reply to Message (5814) Note Off topic but read......

By Zamboni - gb Wed 10/09/03 00:06:12 GMT

Whats going on with people in america dowloading music and getting find for it? I have sheadloads and am now thinking of moving it all off the hard drive but this has to be a last resort! Are the people using Kazzaa or Kazzaa light like i am? I would be be sh***ng myself now if i was in america! Is this likly to come over to o'l Blighty?

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.050 seconds to generate ]