WetlookPro

Message # 581.2

Subject: Hello www.adshield.org

Date: Sat 19/10/02 04:37:10 GMT

Name: Walt us

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
Basically, the best I have seen. I have tried many others (even the pay ones), and this one is great! It only works with Internet Explorer. It's free, kills over 99% (in my experience) popups, does not interfere with legitimate new windows openings, and lets you add blocks to many flashing banner ads.

Another one is Agnitum Outpost Firewall (the free version will work fine). Not only does it stop hackers, etc (when I used to use dialup, I had several attempts, hacking is not only on Broadband), you can stop popups just like some of the non-AdShield programs (many simply look for the popup size, and if it fits a 'standard' popup size, it kills it).

If your ISP's dialup software puts up a window (they call them by many names), you will be stuck (unless you find a program somewhere (usually obscure)) that kills the window, but not the dialup functions. Many "value" ISP plans do this to sell advertising space to make up for the lower prices.

I notice your address is AOL, you may need to search the newsgroups and other sources dealing with AOL to get a solution there. I had them for about a month before I screamed "ENOUGH"!!! I remember seeing some software for AOL, but don't remember where, as it was many years ago.

The AOL browser, even though built upon IE (there was talk about using Netscape, which they own now, in some of the later versions), may not consistantly behave with popup stoppers not specifically made for AOL.

Good luck! I feel for you, last night, my wife opened a page sent by her sister & the task bar filled up with buttons of pop-unders. I'm putting AdShield on hers today! Sorry you had to give up cable; I think I would leave Internet surfing all together if I had to give up Broadband, not that I've been spoiled (I mean I'm spoiled like a baby by Broadband, too!).

In reply to Message (581) Hello No Subject

By Larry - larry7389@aol.com us Sat 19/10/02 00:54:06 GMT

Can anyone direct me towards a good free pop up killer program?....Thanks

P.S.  I got rid of my cable modem cause I could'nt afford it , but this dial up is making me crazy

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.019 seconds to generate ]