WetlookPro

Message # 5774.1

Subject: Hello Re: WAM awards- voting just begun

Date: Mon 08/09/03 08:18:17 GMT

Name: MK gb

Email: wamtec@compuserve.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Yeah Kevin...I agree with you....it's a pity that the folks who vote for WAM awards are'nt more aware of what the history of wam and it's original producers were. Certainly Roger Carpenter deserves recognition for all his work in the 1980's, cos it was folks like Roger, Bill Shipton, Mike Ellisom , Colin Twyford who really got the scene going in the 1980's. And David Wilkey was filming wetlook scenes on super8 film back in the early 1970's (he kindly sent me some of his old super 8 films). In the USA, the first known wetlook fetish film company were the "R Val" films of the late 1950's (you see many slides of their films on JJ's wet vintage site...and I managed to track down the only known copy of a film they made in 1958 taken during one of those wet business suits photosets)...and then there is "Wetfan" whom I have known for over 12 years and whom Graham often visits when in Florida. Wetfan is like Sopping and can trace his photographic wetlook hobbies back to the 1950's and 60's too.

I wish I had known that these nominations were taking place...cos then I could have done what Leonmoomin did...and asked to have my name removed from the running...cos it is kinda silly (and frankly, rather insulting) to be mentioned in this category....cos this is like being nominated for a lifetime achievement award at the oscars...i.e. they only give those out to useless people like Bob Hope, Cary Grant and other well known names that never did anything worthy of winning a "real" oscar...so they give them a lifetime achievement award just before the DIE !!!...ha ha. Seriously though, it's like being given an honorary degree...i.e. they only give those to high school dropouts who could not earn a real one...ha ha.

Roger Carpenter in the only name in that list that has been around for a lifetime...all the others have only been on the scene for 4 years or less....ridiculous.

I see my site also got nominated in a totally wrong category too...i.e. "best free content on a PAY site"...what the !@#$ is that....my site is NOT a pay site. It is a 100% free site in all areas....shows how much these folks really know about my site...cos it is NOT a pay site.

I have to pay more attention to these awards next year....so I can ask them to ensure they take my name and websites off the lists. I won a award last year too...and refused to place their tropy/banner on my site, cos the award held no meaning to me cos the voting system was corrupt and I refused to engage in posting free pics or begging on the forums. I will definitely not place their awards banners on my site...why should I promote their site for them.

The best indicator any producer can have...is to read his email box or the forums to see what their supporters think of their work. All Styx and Crazygirls have to do is count how many members they have and sustain....which I happen to know puts you guys way in the lead of other/similar member sites...so that says it all right there.....like bees to a honeypot....if you do good work...the crowds will come....and they have, from what Graham tells me.

Yes...the "lifespan" which folks only know about....only seems to equate to "life after UMD"...they don't seem to know much of "life before the internet" was created.

It reminds me of a shoot I once did in the Florida Keys in 1993 with 6 uk girls all in their early 20's...and we stopped off in Key Largo to show them "The African Queen" boat that is still docked there for tourists to see. So we were all snapping pics and the girls all looked curious and said to me..."whats THE AFRICAN QUEEN" all about then....and I had to explain to them that it was a movie they made with Humphrey Bogart....to whit their response was "who is HUMPHREY BOGART" !!!!....  I gave up after that.....

MK

In reply to Message (5774) Hello WAM awards- voting just begun

By Kev - kev.styx@ntlworld.com gb Mon 08/09/03 07:23:39 GMT

And I notice MK is in the hunt for the lifetime achievement award.

Apart from MK and Roger Carpenter, not sure how many of the others have been in the business a "lifetime". If some of the people on there have spent a lifetime in the WAM business, it must mean that most of the producers of WAM are under 10 years old : )

I guess that a lifetime in the WAM business must equate to somethink like the lifespan of a moth.....lol

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.019 seconds to generate ]