Wetlook-Online

Message # 5761.1.1

Subject: Hello Ciao Darwin wetllook & videoclip

Date: Sun 07/09/03 14:49:46 GMT

Name: MK us

Email: wamtec@compuserve.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Tks for the info about Ciao Darwin being sold to several tv companies in Germany, Canada and South America...who might produce their own versions of that show. It would be nice to see that water tank wetlook finale reproduced in other countries too...in case anybody missed the video clip I created yesterday...which is like the Get Smart flooded phone booth scene....I will leave it online for a few more hours here...

http://www.wamtec.com/CiaoDarwin.wmv

Frankly, I seriously doubt that any English speaking country is going to do that show in the same way the Italians do it. The show is very distinctly "latin" in it's style...i.e. a 2 to 3hr long show that is basically about 2 and a half hours of people standing around and doing nothing...and only about 15 minutes of actual games and action (it's like watching american football....just kidding...don't flame me). Seriously though, I have been watching Spanish, South American and Italian gameshows for the last 10 years...and they all follow the same formula and pattern that is distinctly latin in style and would never work on american television. No offense to anybody from spanish speaking countries or italy....but the format is what is called "schtick"...i.e. these shows in Italy, Spain, South America, Mexico etc...tend to go on for almost 3 hours, and have an audience filled EXCLUSIVELY with drop dead gorgeous models (try to "spot the ugly person"...you won't find one), and all these gorgeous models just sit around doing nothing and never participate in the actual games. You basically have a 3hr show that is about 10 minutes of actual games being played...and over 2 hours of talking and people standing around where nothing is happening, followed by quick interludes of dancers and various guest artists coming out on stage and doing their "schtick"..i.e. performance routines that have nothing to do with the actual games being played. Shows like NOCHE DE FIESTA in Spain and numerous other Italian and Spanish gameshows follow this same formula...and in the USA the closest thing you have to this is the SABADO GIGANTE 3 hr variety show on Univision spanish channel every Saturday night. Basically...the 3hr long variety/gameshow is a very successful formula in Italy, Spain, Mexico and most of South America....but that kind of format will not work in the USA or Canada...cos the only 3+ hour long show which folks in the USA will sit thru is the Oscars and other awards shows like MTV.

If Ciao Darwin follows the same pattern as other shows like EL GRAN JUEGO DE LA OCA and SCOMMETTIANO CHE have done in the past...then what happened with all those gameshow/variety shows was...they were created in Italy, then copied in Spain, and then Mexico, Argentina and Brazil all did their own versions of those shows. So...it is a safe bet to say..Ciao Darwin is unlikely to be done in the USA or UK...cos it is just too long... nobody will sit thru a 3hr gameshow in the USA...Americans are used to the 1hr format such as FEAR FACTOR...which is now being copied in Holland, Brazil, Germany, Italy, Mexico, France and many other countries. Ciao Darwin will not make it to the USA....but I am quite sure it will be picked up and copied in Spain, Mexico, Brazil and other latin nations. Argentina already had similar shows in the past too....check their TELEFE channel if you get DIRECT TV in the USA.

Lastly...the link you referred to describes Ciao Darwin as follows...

>The show encourages common stereotypes, such as men vs

> women or traffic wardens vs drivers, to fight it out for >the title of ultimate supremacy.

Please....give me a break. I have never seen "common stereotypes" on Italian gameshows.....not unless the common stereotype is that all the guys must look like body builders and all the girls must look like supermodels. They don't allow common people to go on their shows...they put ugly people to sleep over there...just kidding.

>Celebrity captains lead opposing teams through a number of

> games.

If the hosts cut out all the chatting and standing around and where nothing is happening and cut out all the irrelevant "schtick" that each guest star feels obliged to perform...and only did the actual games instead of all the standing around...then the show could be a 30 minnute show instead of 3 hours.

Hmm.....that reminds me...TISWAS in the UK was like that too....3 hours every Saturday morning...about 10 minutes of great slapstick and 2hrs 50 mins where nothing much was happening.

MK

In reply to Message (5761.1) Hello Oops...

By Sammy - spudge93@lycos.com uu Sun 07/09/03 11:36:39 GMT

Well, that was a great way to make a first impression.  This was suppposed to be a reply to MK's message & clip about the show "Ciao Darwin."  Mea Culpa.
In reply to Message (5761) Hello Headed for the US?

By Sammy - spudge93@lycos.com uu Sun 07/09/03 11:35:16 GMT

Website: http://www.c21media.net/news/news_dtl.asp?id=7465&promo=17

Long time lurker, first time poster here...anyway, I did some searching and found that the show in question is actually headed for production in the US...check the link above for more info.

Hopefully the format will remain the same...

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.026 seconds to generate ]