Wetlook-Online

Message # 5642.1.1.2.2

Subject: Drink Me Thanks for your support,must be doing something right! [nt]

Date: Wed 03/09/03 04:31:03 GMT

Name: Wet Brian gb

Email: bdann0875@rootesgroup.fslife.co.uk

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

(no text)
In reply to Message (5642.1.1.2) Hello WAM nominations?? No Leon or Wet Brian?? [nt]

By Placebo Effect - gb Tue 02/09/03 09:26:03 GMT

(no text)
In reply to Message (5642.1.1) Hello Re: This does look interesting

By MK - wamtec@compuserve.com us Tue 02/09/03 03:12:20 GMT

It's a nice idea, though I am not exactly sure how it would develop...so we will have to watch and see. My initial reaction is that a general meeting place for like minded people to chat...already exists...i.e. either on this forum, or the UMD forum, so it would seem to be redundant to create more meeting places. Most folks only have the time to go to one or two main forums each day....and many folks will not have the time to go to this forum, then go to UMD and then go to a 3rd meeting zone too...not unless they are unemployed and have have a lot of free time on their hands (and guess what...unemployed people are not buyers of products...so would storefront owners even be able to sell things to that kind of community).

Hey Leonmoomin....don't be concerned about there not being enough shops on the virtual map....cos trust me...thats better than what has happened with the UMD "featured sites" area and all the "updates" sections...i.e. there are too MANY featured sites and way too many update notices...it is all so overwhelming to surf UMD these days that if somebody made an annoucement that they just did a wetlook video with Julia Roberts and Cindy Crawford....it would probably not get noticed, cos UMD is too cluttered with too many featured sites. So...the best thing Chainsaw John can do...is to limit his virtual stores to a max of 25 stores only....cos once the map gets to be as cluttered as the UMD front page is (and it surely will) then this will just be redundant with what UMD is doing. So...the best thing Chainsaw John can do..is to make his virtual city "exclusive"...i.e. like Rodeo Drive in California or Mayfair in London...and only allow a limited number of exclusive high end websites/storefronts to be featured.

Reality is...it takes a lot of ISP expenses to fund his site...and the only way to cover expenses is to rent as many storefronts as possible...meaning that..the virtual city is likely to become a virtual "ghetto" (where folks will get lost in a maze of too many sites) once too many producers start to use it. It is a good idea though....just needs to be implemented carefully...and not "over sold" with too many storefronts and producers joinging it. He should probably consider upping the rent from $10 a month...and make it $100 per month instead...so that only the very best and financially successful sites are featured...i.e. just like an exclusive outlet shopping mall that only features the top brands and designers.

Changing the subject, I see that Chainsaw John has announced the nominations for the 2003 WAM Awards....

http://wamawards.ca/nominate.htm

And it is good to see that he has changed the rules this year so that producers cannot buy votes from their fans by offering free pics or doing other such tactics....so it looks like they are going to be well managed this year.

My only thoughts in looking at all the nominees though...is that this should still really be called, as I said last last..."The UMD Awards"...cos the nominees are only a reflection of who posts stuff to UMD and or the people on UMD and their opinions...and there are many fine producers on this forum not even mentioned...because they only post here and have no real presence on UMD. The WAM Awards are like the MTV movie awards...i.e. not a reflection of what the general public thinks...but a reflection of the MTV viewers only. Same is true for the WAM Awards...they only reflect the wam scene from the UMD viewers standpoint. UMD is a very solid litmus test for the messy slapstick scene...cos they are "where it's at" for messy stuff...but UMD is NOT a true barometer for the wetlook scene...Nigel's forum is where 90% of the wetlook fans are...and probably less than 20% of the wetlook fans ever visit UMD...and most of the wetlook UMD features is erotica wetlook or x rated wetlook...whereas that is not the case here. All you have to do is look at the volume of message traffic on the MESSY UMD forum...versus how little traffic there is on the WETLOOK UMD forum....at least 20 times more traffic on their messy forum,  as opposed to their wetlook forum. That would tend to suggest that UMD is an 80% messy oriented community...where few of the wetlook fans hang out. Their list of nominations also reflects this...i.e. not recognizing the most prominent wetlook producers like Leonmmoomin and Nigel...and only mentioning companies whom most of us have never heard of. Nominees are the UMD viewers only...and UMD folks do NOT reflect where the largest wetlook community is...which is here.

I know I must be getting old...cos reading the list of WAM nominations today was like me watching the MTV music video awards last week....I just sat their scratching my head and saying "who" and "who"...cos aside from Britney Spears, Madonna and Duran Duran...I had never heard of most of the people on that show...ha ha. Same goes for the 2003 WAM Award nominations too.

It's time to wheel me out to the funny farm...cos I feel like Madonna must have felt when she was on stage with Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears....Madonna must have been thinking...Sheesh...I am old enough to be their mother...so why the heck am I still prancing around on stage like this with 2 girls who are half my age....it is time to hand over the reins to the new and younger generation....which is ostensibly what the true meaning of her performance was all about...it was not about her kissing Britney Spears...it was Madonna's swansong to formally hand over her crown to the new queens of pop.

MK

In reply to Message (5642.1) Hello This does look interesting

By Zamboni - gb Tue 02/09/03 02:13:18 GMT

my only concern is will my puney modem be up to a 'virtual world' me thinks not Sad
In reply to Message (5642) Info Very interesting, particularly to webmasters!

By leonmoomin - leonmoomin@ntlworld.com gb Tue 02/09/03 01:51:16 GMT

Chainsaw John of the controversial Wam Awards site has come up with a great idea, if he can pull it off!  He is proposing a virtual wam chat world.  With different areas and shops to rent!

If he pulls this off, it would be a great thing!

Check out his latest post on the subject!

http://www.umd.net/umdforum/viewtopic.php?t=7841

My only concearn is that there is not enough shops around the pool and, what the hell is gungegirls doing there?

leonmoomin Pulsing

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.035 seconds to generate ]