Wetlook-Online

Message # 55842.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Subject: None Re:UK TV Alert - Don't Tell the Bride and ramble about wetlook

Date: Thu 11/10/12 15:14:19 GMT

Name: MK gb

Email: wamtec@comcast.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
You have a point.....there are certainly some TTD videos that are better than others. I guess it is just my personal taste cos the things I find dull and irritating about most TTD videos are a) all the slow motion stuff...and b) too many of these videos spend far too much time on the pre-amble.....i.e. many videos spend half of the video showing the girl putting on her makeup....and then when it gets to the actual wetlook moment, then the editing does jump cuts and misses the proper continuity and things are edited all out of sequence. To give you an analagy......I am a football fan and like to watch football games....but I like to see them in real time, not in slow motion, and I like to see the game unfold in proper it's sequence...not all in slow motion and edited out of continuity and with the best money shot moments cut out.

But thats just my personal taste.....which have certainly "evolved" over the years.....i.e. in the past I would have enjoyed any kind of wet wedding scene.....but because today there thousands of wet wedding clips now on Youtube....I am tending to prefer the "natural" real live wet wedding moments that are "raw" and unedited and real ....to the staged and plodding and pedantic TTD videos.....somebody should tell these TTD photographers to try and be creative and do something new....instead of using the cliche of slow motion all the time. Another beef I have with TTD photographers....is that they forget what the main point of the video is supposed to be....i.e. to show off the bride and groom....cos most of these TTD cameramen seem to think that their number one goal is to show off what great camera gear they have.....i.e. they seem to have the attitude of "hey....I just bought this expensive camera and an even more expensive steady-cam harness and gyroscopic rig for my camera"......so now I most show off and do that constant cliche we see in every action movie since that shot was invented in The Matrix movie....i.e. where the girl stands still....and the cameraman rotates around around the girl....the 360 degree shot......making us all seasick...ha ha

If I had a dollar for every TTD video where I saw those same old cliches of endless slow motion and where the girl is not moving and only the cameraman is moving around the girl....I would be a rich man. I think that TTD photograhers must all graduate from the same Film School....cos they all do the same old shots and edt things in a similar way. I think it is a breath of fresh air to just see a raw cellphone video that somebody shot on their iPhone.

MK

In reply to Message (55842.1.1.1.1.1.1) Wink Smile Re:UK TV Alert - Don't Tell the Bride and ramble about wetlook

By Gary Kay - uu Thu 11/10/12 06:41:06 GMT

On the subject of Brides and wetlook I'd like to submit that even trash the dress scenes are better than nothing, Some, even though staged and formulaic, are nice, satisfying or pretty.  That being said NOTHING compares to a slow walk into a pool! I whole heartedly agree that clutter, gear or unnecessary props take away from a scene, give me a bride or most any long formal and I am smiling. I recall MKs "Free Willy" and even thou produced there was girl after girl slowly wading into the pool in bridesmaids dresses and 2 brides.  (Looked cold that day)  Unfortunately I prefer 80s and 90s style gowns with the long sleeves, long full skirts and tons of satin, don't see those much anymore.

A favorite slow walk in even though a bit cut up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97S_2PZh2ro

Sometimes a slow Walk OUT is nice too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59HVfujxlOQ

and one of many favorites for me, big dress....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syfh-KGutJw

The Wetter the Better.

Gary

In reply to Message (55842.1.1.1.1.1) None Re:UK TV Alert - Don't Tell the Bride and ramble about wetlook

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net gb Thu 11/10/12 03:26:02 GMT

Regarding that youtube you mentioned......no....I did not complain about the girl dithering.....cos she was all set to go....it was the !@#$head groom that was dithering about.....you wanted to smack him and say....come on....the girl is willing....so get with the program and get on with it.

I agree with you viz the spontaneity of things being an important factor......cos I have done so many staged wetlook scenes with models myself...I am totally "de-sensitized" to modelled wetlook scenes these days....and that is why I do not like those "Trash The Dress" wet wedding scenes....cos they are staged and filmed in such a plodding and pedantic way.....they are about as interesting as watching grass grow or watching paint dry. Trash the Dress videos are mindnumbingly dull.......they are about as interesting as watching your relatives vacation videos.

Personally....I prefer the "slow entrance" to pool jumps......cos I prefer slow wettings to instant wettings....so I do not care for most wedding party pool jump scenes.....but this one is not too bad....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78XmrDT9Df0

But I still prefer things to be done this way....with a slower entrance....like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL4hNznXuro

Yeah....we are certainly spoiled today.....cos any wetlook fan can find whatever he wants to find.....with just a few clicks of his mouse....and so there is no "sport" in finding wetlook any more...it is far too easy. Heck....I remember the early 60's when I was a child and I had to get on my bicycle and take a 10 mile ride to the Public Library.....where I would spend all afternoon thumbing thru old National Geographic magazines and old movie books....hunting for wetlook pics....and I would also go to the Public Swimming Baths on the days when the girls were taking their fully clothed survival swimming tests in the pool...and I used to sit in the viewing gallery and watch the girls swimming in their gym skirts and blouses or pajamas to do their life saving tests......those were the days......I had a totally warped and mispent youth....ha ha

In reply to Message (55842.1.1.1.1) None Re:UK TV Alert - Don't Tell the Bride and ramble about wetlook

By Fish 'n Chips - gb Wed 10/10/12 23:49:34 GMT

Can't argue with that MK. If me (or Leon or you!!) had planned the wedding it would have been very different!! :-)

But as I said; wetlook buzz to me is build up/taboo/shock....and that show did ok on that front for me. It's why I don't really like modelled wetlook as well. They're doing it because they're paid to do it. Not wetlook to me. Even if my missus did it because she felt 'obliged' to I'd not really be keen. It's about kicking the norm for me.

Horses for courses.

This is my favourite wetlook clip on You Tube ever, but remember at the time you said she faffed about and dithered too long. To me the dithering made it....will she/won't she. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UslkuFVFkQ4

We've been spoiled MK, I read your comments on how you captured wetlook right back to the 60s, and as somebody who became aware in mid-80s in a house without even a VCR, I hear you. The episode was tame in wetlook, but all good on the "you can not do that" and the build up.

In reply to Message (55842.1.1.1) None Re:UK TV Alert - Don't Tell the Bride and ramble about wetlook

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net gb Wed 10/10/12 23:24:33 GMT

FYI I just watched that show you referred to.....and it's not really my cup of tea cos that was what I call an underwater scuba wedding.....and thats not unusual....thats pretty common....cos you can type "underwater wedding" in youtube and finds hundreds of clips of scenes like that. I prefer a non-scuba non-underwater style pool wedding (which is what The Paul Lynde Show scene was)....cos I don't like all the scuba gear that covers over the clothings etc. Call me weird...but I just prefer natural clothings and not to have scuba gear cluttering over the clothings. They kinda copped out a lot in that BBC3 show....cos none of the bridesmaids wore clothings in the pool....and they just wore matching swimsuits. So....I would rate that show as "good" for the build up......but rather lame for the final execution. One thing for sure....we know that groom was definitely not a wetlook fan....cos if he were, he would have scrapped the scuba gear and underwater theme and just held the wedding in the pool...and he would have insisted that all the guests and bridesmaids wade into the pool too....which he did not.

I that groom were Leon......you can be sure that it was have been an awesome pool wedding.

The best kinds of pool weddings (for me)...are those that are "in" the water and not underwater.....i.e. no scuba gear.

But thats just my personal taste.

MK

In reply to Message (55842.1.1) None Re:UK TV Alert - Don't Tell the Bride and ramble about wetlook

By Fish 'n Chips - gb Wed 10/10/12 22:45:32 GMT

No worries MK. I have always been awe of your encyclopedic knowledge of anything wetlook on the screen. That 70s scene sounds right up my street.

As I said though, the episode is not wetlook heaven, and with the producers out there now on the internet in pure wetlook terms it's tame-ish.

....but to me it was good. I love the build up (much prefer my wife to tell me a week/month in advance that she is going to join me than if she just walked in from work and said "let's go. Now"), but most of all I love the 'outrageous/taboo" factor of wetlook. Not the cling or transparent clothes. Which is maybe why Weddings do it for me. And business suits on women.

And let's face it, the bride on her wedding day in expensive dress....hair expensive....make up expensive is (to me) THE most daring/taboo wetlook. Many brides/guests would stress over dropping a few drop wine drops on their dress so anyone who does it at a wedding dressed up is my thing.

And last night's programme was a heck of a lot build up of talking (from the narrator as well) of "the bride is going in the pool in her dress" and everyone's reaction to it was perfect. It's taboo fest and build up fest. Leonmoomin (as much as I love his material!!) it was not, so might not be everybody's cup of tea.

In reply to Message (55842.1) None Re:UK TV Alert - Don't Tell the Bride and ramble about wetlook

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net gb Wed 10/10/12 15:36:54 GMT

Thanks for the info. In order to watch the UK's BBC3 channel live streams from Florida or to watch BBC iPlayer  old recordings I have to use a proxy server from the UK to get around the ip blocking the BBC does for viewers living outside of the UK....but these days the speeds via proxy server are pretty good so the streams play pretty smoothly now with very little buffering.

FYI there is a scene just like this from a 1972 episode of the very rare U.S. tv series "The Paul Lynde Show" where the entire wedding party have a marriage ceremony in a swimming pool. That series has never been repeated or released on tape or dvd....so I only have a rather faded private collectors recording of that episode...I would love to find a better quality recording of that scene.

MK

In reply to Message (55842) Thumbs Up UK TV Alert - Don't Tell the Bride and ramble about wetlook

By Fish 'n Chips - gb Wed 10/10/12 12:05:48 GMT

I watched this episode last night, it was pretty good for my personal wetlook tastes and it's repeated throughout the week on BBC3 (Ch115 on Sky). It's also on BBC iPlayer.

The premise of the series is that the bride hands over ALL control of the wedding to her groom, down to the theme, venue and dress etc. Last night's episode was the groom choosing to get married in a swimming pool, but the bride doesn't find out anything on the wedding until literally when she turns up on the day. The groom usually, invariably, gets something wrong. The bride is rarely 100% happy, but hey the TV programme gives them £12k to plan the wedding so it's a trade off I guess if a couple can't afford the money!! It's one of those naff fly on the wall series.

I'm fascinated by the psychology of wetlook, in why people do it and why some won't. Last night's episode was very interesting to me with how different people react: "Women going to the wedding, (and not to spoil the ending the bride to be as well....are well horrified when it dawns that she is going to go in to the pool....her dress!!....her make up!!....her hair!!. The groom and his mates see it as a laugh so both parties are well apart on getting a bride wet.

Weddings are my fave kind of wetlook, and I love to hear/see the build up as in will they/won't they go in the lake/pool/sea and what makes them decide to (or not in the end) so maybe last night's programme was more to my taste than others (50 mins of the episode is the groom planning the wedding with horrified dress makers and venue managers saying to the groom "You're going to do what?? In her Dress?? Does she know?? You're brave/mad).

Check it out. As said it's repeated if you can get to Sky/BBC3 or the BBC's iPlayer.

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.044 seconds to generate ]