minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Wed 24/04/24 15:13:19 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

WetlookPro

Message # 52985.1.2

Subject: None Fire the lazy YMCA worker who wrote that article...

Date: Tue 03/01/12 23:48:14 GMT

Name: FountainFrolic us

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
I found these two paragraphs in the referenced article particularly relevant:

"I didn't clean the hot tub basket out for about 1 month. The pump motor burned up and warped the pipes. I opened the pump pot, took out the basket, and it was impacted with cotton.

About 4 hours of work and $450 later, I told the guards to never allow anyone in the pool or hot tub with a cotton shirt or shorts. I now clean out the pump basket every week."

Since I've always been a waterlover, I've now owned three different homes with in-ground pools in the back yard.  My weekly routine includes emptying the skimmer baskets (large debris like leaves accumulates here), cleaning the pump filter basked (debris which was small enough to get through the skimmer baskets collects in the smaller mesh here) and backwashing the main filter (where the smallest particles accumulate and are filtered.)  That routine takes about 15 minutes, max.  Add a little more effort to check the chlorine and alkalinity levels with the test kit and add the necessary chlorine/chemicals, and its probably up to half an hour for the process, absolute max.  A YMCA employee who is responsible for the public pool & hot tub there, and admits to not cleaning out the hot tub filtration system for a month needs to be fired, pure and simple!

My wife enjoys wetlook fun as much as I do, and we're in our pool often during the warmer months, and in the (attached) hot tub during the colder part of the year.  Admittedly our tastes for clothes runs more to silks & satins for for her than cotton, but most of my dress slacks are wool-blend and my dress shirts are mostly cotton.  And we usually have a few parties each year where LOTS of people end up in the pool fully dressed.  Have never had a problem at all (and haven't really had much issue with the chlorine fading clothes either, with a few exceptions on occasion.)  The guy who wrote that little article is simply a lazy employee who'd rather restrict the customers than do his job!

In reply to Message (52985.1) None Re:Maybe something

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Tue 03/01/12 19:40:27 GMT

Funny. I suppose it makes sense that cotton (and perhaps also wool) will shed lint in water, and that will collect in the pump/filter somewhere. But then, you'd think that a pool filtration system would be designed in such a way that debris wouldn't get to the pump (filtered ahead of the pump) or that it would be designed to cope with it, provided you do normal inspection and maintenance. Anyway, I've seen swimming instructors wearing cotton sweatshirts in pools. If the average pool was that easily damaged by the accumulation of clothing fibres, you'd think pool staff would be prohibited from wearing anything but normal swimwear in pools.
In reply to Message (52985) Info Maybe something [nt]

By Wetlooker - mrveteranbil@gmail.com se Tue 03/01/12 17:41:19 GMT

Website: http://www.clean-pool-and-spa.com/will-dye-from-clothing-affect-a-pool.html

(no text)

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Clips4Sale
Wetlook-Online

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.029 seconds to generate ]