minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Thu 18/04/24 23:55:29 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

Wetlook.Biz
Wetlook-Online

Message # 52417.11

Subject: None Re:OT: My car's transmission died. THIS REALLY SUCKS!

Date: Mon 21/11/11 10:34:31 GMT

Name: wet leather lover us

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
Could be the torque converter has failed. i've had 3 Ciera's, first was an '88 - different gearbox. The two 96's - same transmission as yours - both had transmission noise (a low quiet growl, or grind in hard turns). Never bothered to fix the first one, it still worked when i sold the car with 156k miles. The second I still drive, and although the noise isn't as bad on this one, when you push it thru a corner you certainly hear it. Again, I just drive it as is with 137k on the clock. Both shifted hard out of 1st gear too. Before anything, unplug the wiring harness and attempt to drive it (not far). If the problem changes, it's electronic. If not, then there was a mechanical failure.

Gotta remember, these cars were built as economy cars, only selling for about $14k-16k when new, so nothing in them is very high tech. I'd look for a used tranny before having a transmission shop lighten my wallet by $2000. (which is a racket by the way, they only replace the bad part and reassemble - not a $2000 job) A shift solenoid for a GM car for example only costs about $40, but a shop will try to get you for the whole rebuild! Shop around and even ask the local mechanics who they send their transmission work to. Avoid places like Aamco.

In reply to Message (52417) Angry OT: My car's transmission died. THIS REALLY SUCKS!

By Desert Hawk - us Sun 20/11/11 07:35:28 GMT

Last night the transmission on my 1995 oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera died.  I was going down the road and all of a sudden with no warning it lost power and started slowing down while the engine revved like if you press the accelerator while in park or neutral.  I pulled over, shifted to park and then back into drive, and it started moving at a maximum speed of 20 MPH  and was making a horrible grinding noise.  I made it home (about one mile away).  It seems about 99% likely that the transmission is blown.  A rebuilt transmission will cost around $2000 parts and labor.  That is a lot of freaking money for me!  I don't know if this piece of crap car is worth it.  It might be time to send this car to the crusher.  It only has 98,000 miles.  A transmission should last longer than that.  Buying another car would cost a lot more, though.  I have already spent about $700 on repairs of other problems with this clunker this year.  I can't afford a brand new car at my meager pay rate.  My savings are almost depleted after paying $362.09 per month for COBRA health insurance to my old job for the past year.  I have managed to stay out of debt all of my life until now, but that will probably end very soon.  I have another car, a 1988 Chevrolet Celebrity with 173,000 miles.  it has been quite reliable for the last 12 years, but a car with 23 years and 173,000 miles could drop dead any time.  I need to have 2 cars, since pieces of junk are all I can afford.  I NEED MORE MONEY!!!

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.021 seconds to generate ]