Wetlook-Online

Message # 51649.2.1.1

Subject: Info Re:FAO Leonmoomin

Date: Wed 31/08/11 18:55:11 GMT

Name: leonmoomin wx

Email: leonmoomin@ntlworld.com

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
Actually, most of my sales (80%) are still very much through The Mothership, even though the other choice is there, so I guess most of my customers seem to be satisfied with The Mothership's service.

I can't comment on your particular case as I wasn't involved in it, all I did was go over why the chargeback ban policy exists.

As for why your ban has remained, that's between you Erik and Soundguy???

To be honest, I don't think we have a PR problem, other than me sometimes, haha, that's why I let Lisa do most of the forum stuff these days.

leonmoomin

In reply to Message (51649.2.1) Info FAO Leonmoomin

By Mahoney - pl Wed 31/08/11 08:44:54 GMT

As to what you wrote on chargebacks as it was I assume directed to me. I think if anyone would trace my particular story, you will see that my chargeback was a mistake. I purchased many of your updates since, via paypal and you had no problems with me. But still 4 years later, the Mothership gives no redemption. You are damned for life and with you one of the major ISPs in the largest and richest cities of a large European country. That is just plain not ethical. I offered to pay back the chargeback WITH THE FEE you said about. I just asked for it to be by credit card (a Mothership payment or Paypal or something) or by cash in mail. However the producer and the Mothership gave me one option - an International bank transfer. Which would cost me a whooping 80 EUR in bank fees back then! That's quadruple the amount of the chargeback and more then your fee! I just didn't have the money and didn't want my greedy bank (responsible for the mix-up in the first place) to get that extra money. I had the same situation with two other producer/credit card processor combos (as when the card was stolen there where about 10 fraudulent charges and among them 3 small wetlook ones in the same time, that where annulled by mistake). They made no problems. Got their money back (one chose CC, one by mail and one with a fee like yours).

The above story just shows the difference between the Mothership and other companies. The company - together with Soundguy's "brief and to the point" replies would not last a minute in a bigger market, without backup from a few greats of that world - which would mean real big companies in the real world. Unpleasant customer service and giving no second chances (while doing some questionable things by themselves - the download manager issue should be clearly pointed out, otherwise it's unethical) is a decision that means - the company will lose some business and will get many complaints (and shouldn't force censorship on them as in the past).

PS: I might have regretted the blocking of my by the Mothership earlier, but since your site has PayPal as an option, I really couldn't care less, however I think people should speak up about such business ideas of companies and that those complaints should not be censored.

PS II: anyway, many people here have praised you for risking the PayPal option. Many others have asked other sites to also do so. So the idea of using more well known cc processors with pleasant customer service instead of such strange companies is quite common. You just may be backing the wrong horse, with sticking with Soundguy after all these years. PR is very important in these days.

In reply to Message (51649.2) Info Download Managers!

By leonmoomin - leonmoomin@ntlworld.com wx Wed 31/08/11 06:54:14 GMT

OK

Thing to remember here is that Themothership does not support Download Managers.

Download managers can be a massive drain on bandwidth, the odd user, using it here and there, such as on my sites, which were built by messmaster, is not a big problem, but if all of Themothership's customers used them, they would be a big problem.  Not to mention people using stolen cards to rip an entire site of its contents, before the stolen card's memberships gets killed.

Also, when we receive a chargeback, we don't just get charged the money you spent, we also have to take a further charge of $100.  So it costs us the price paid and $100 everytime we receive a chargeback.  We can't really despute the chargebacks, we have to take them on the chin.  So in the cases of chargebacks, people will be banned.

Most situations can be resolved by e-mailing us and trying to sort it out by way of refund, a chargeback kills that opportunity.

Soundguy, may be brief and to the point, but, he always answers e-mails very promptly, which is a very good service these days, even if you may not like what he has to say.

leonmoomin

In reply to Message (51649) Question Vidown and DownThemAll!

By Malvineous - mrnemesis@ntlworld.com gb Sat 27/08/11 14:48:55 GMT

There's a bug in Vidown's Perl-based passthrough system wherein the Content-Length of downloads is randomly mis-reported by a few bytes (but always by the same amount for the same file – I don't know what he's doing wrong, although as a Perl programmer I may be able to figure out where he's going wrong). Browsers ignore incorrect Content-Length headers (sadly) but DownThemAll! is smart enough to check it, in order to support automatic resuming. In this case, however, Vidown doesn't provide resume support (which is pretty trivial really) so DownThemAll! is trapped in an infinite loop re-downloading complete 400 MB movie files because the site won't report the right size.

When you put in a large order with someone like Erik Elsas, it would be very useful to be able to queue up all the files and leave it running as there's hours of downloading to get through. I don't use DownThemAll! for acceleration – in fact I successfully campaigned for better support for intelligent unaccelerated downloading. I just want a queue facility, so I can leave all the downloads going without having to sit at my PC for hours nannying it. I had a much larger set of files to download from Mostwam, but they use a different system ad the queue completed flawlessly while I spent most of the day away from my PC.

I reported this bug ages ago to Erik who passed it on to Patrick at the Mothership, who refuses to look at the problem. I don't imagine there's any way to persuade him to actually fix this?

(I doubt he'd let me add resuming support to his code, either.)

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.026 seconds to generate ]