minx

Wetlook World Forum

Current time: Thu 28/03/24 20:47:40 GMT

Translate page FROM gb -> TO de fr it nl es pt jp

Translate page TO gb <- FROM de fr it nl es pt jp

Wetlook-Online
Wetlook-Online

Message # 51017.3.1.2.1.1.1

Subject: None Re:Aqua Jogging - Water way to get fit!

Date: Tue 19/07/11 12:02:05 GMT

Name: MK ex

Email: wamtec@comcast.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

>Filet Mignon may be special today, but if you eat it every day for long enough, you'll yearn for a hamburger.

Thats true.....but you will yearn for it to be "cooked" by some other chef...and not yourself, cos one of the pitfalls of hiring models and shooting your own wetlook for many years is that you start to become a chef who becomes de-sensitized to his own cooking, and you prefer to eat at another chef's restaurant and taste their cooking instead.....i.e. when you are "directing" the girls...and you are the wardrobe manager, the scriptwriter, and the director....then after a few years you get burned out on your own cooking, and become more interested in things that are more spontaneous and where nobody is directing the girls and telling them what to wear and how to get wet etc.

So...you reach a point where you would rather taste somebody elses hamburger....than to taste a filet mignon that you cooked yourself.

Being a wetlook producer has it's pitfalls......and thats why these days I prefer to hire models who are good at "improv" and can make stuff up as they go....cos I do not like to give much direction to our models any more....I prefer to speak as little as possible when we do our model shootings...and to tell them to make up their own little scenario themselves....and all I do is follow them with my camera and capture whatever they do etc.

When you have been cooking hamburgers for too many years already.....it is more fun to have some girls come over to your pool and say to them..."there's the meat and there's the grill.....so go ahead and make me a nice hamburger and surprise me".

MK

In reply to Message (51017.3.1.2.1.1) None Re:Aqua Jogging - Water way to get fit!

By AnthonyX - anthonyx@jowc.net ca Tue 19/07/11 09:50:34 GMT

I can definitely relate to some of what MK says.

Although he has had the fortune of being a beer lover who has worked in a brewery for many years, I've been only an afficionado.

Removing the metaphor, I haven't had the mixed fortune of producing wetlook as MK has, merely taking in what I can where I can find it. Nevertheless, I too have experienced the phenomenon of "too much of a good thing" thanks to the explosion of content available over the internet in recent years.

I think it comes down to seeking out those images and scenarios which are set apart from everything else in some way. Back around 1995 when I first found my way online and discovered WAM usegroups and the first WAM websites, everything was somewhat unique because there was so little of it, and it was not so easy to come by.

Another perspective can come from collectors - not WAM collectors, but collectors of various categories of items like vintage toys, cars, household items, comic books, etc.. Many of these items were mass produced and were cheap (relative to their market), and unremarkable at the time. However, because there are very few surviving examples of many of these items, they become very valuable (to collectors). They don't have any greater intrinsic value now than when they were first sold - in fact many such household items have become obsolete junk. They only hold a value because they are unique or rare examples, and there are collectors who want to possess them.

With that perspective, wet t-shirt contests and Sports Illustrated style glamour photography (wet or not) becomes somewhat unremarkable and therefore uninteresting because there is so much of it. There are images and scenes - very few - which I find interesting in some part because they are rare. Something about a scene sets it apart in some way and makes it "special". There aren't a lot of them. There never will be, because the more a given sort of scene is done, the less special it becomes, and so something else becomes that "special" one because of what sets it apart.

Filet Mignon may be special today, but if you eat it every day for long enough, you'll yearn for a hamburger.

In reply to Message (51017.3.1.2.1) None Re:Aqua Jogging - Water way to get fit!

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net ex Tue 19/07/11 08:00:42 GMT

You are right. Sometimes my opinions do seem to exhibit my age.....i.e. the older you get, the more jaded you get, and the older you get...the more finite your wetlook interests become sharpened. I think it is fair to say that the younger you are and the less time you have been involved with wetlook, the more general your tastes are, and the older you get, as the decades go by, you tend to be on an endless quest for "the holy grail" scenes and become less interested in the general kinds of scenes you see every day.

So, one thing is true....I am becoming more and more like "Sopping" every day.....i.e. a wetlook curmudgeon...ha ha -- although I still have a ways to go, cos he is in his mid 80's and I am 30 years younger than him....but well on my way to the funny farm...ha ha

I equate wetlook to be the same as beer......i.e. I love it....but I tend to have a different perspective than the average consumer....cos I have been working in a brewery for the last 40 years and now I own several breweries.....so my pallate has changed from what it used to be 30 years ago.

To offer another analagy.....equating wetlook with a thirst for water......back in the 1970's and 80's the availablility of wetlook media was like being stranded in the Sahara desert.....you were grateful for any small drop of water you could find. But today, since Al Gore invented in the internet in 1995 and Youtube was launched in 2005, and sites like Flickr were launched in recent years, now we are all drowning in a flood of wetlook media.....so when you have too much of a good thing being spoonfed on a drip feed to you every day, it is only natural for folks like me who are guilty of overdosing on wetlook for too long, to then become more finite in their interests.

I submit that anybody who has been a wetlook fan for at least 20 or more years.......will say that their tastes have changed over the years, and while they were happy to find "water" 20 years ago, today they have started to yearn for a more specific "wine" today.

The is the good and the bad thing about the explosion of the Internet.....i.e. before the internet went public (i.e. 1995).....you had to scavenge for pics at the public library and spend tons of money renting videos from your local video store....on a wild goose chase to try and find something of interest.Now you no longer need to spend excessive amounts of time at the library or joining 20 different video rental clubs (as I did in he 1980s) .....cos now the internet spoonfeeds you with excessive amounts of wetlook pics and vids every day...and this overdosing of media today is likely to cause you to look for something more finite and not the ordinary kind of pabulum, but something more unique.

Another analagy....I like hamburgers....but if you eat hamburgers every day for 20+ years, you start to yearn for some filet mignon instead.

MK

In reply to Message (51017.3.1.2) None Re:Aqua Jogging - Water way to get fit!

By wetimer - isthisobscureenough@yahoo.co.uk uu Tue 19/07/11 02:29:54 GMT

MK,

I am aware that you contribute a lot to this wetlook community of ours, and I respect that, but you come across here as having an air of superiority, which is unnecessary. Fetishes are very personal. You must realise that, and there are people on this forum who are into all different types of clothes, degrees of nudity, candids, posed shots, etc etc. Personally, I find that wetlook is anything which is not intended to get wet, but I also find that some clothes which are designed to get wet work for me too, if they cover up more than traditional swimwear. I include rash vests, for instance. Your own take on things is very fundamental, which is fine for you, but please don't be so dismissive of those who have a more liberal interpretation.

Rather than talking of bursting bubbles and destroying illusions, consider too, that some of us don't find this kind of illusion problematic at all. If it looks like wetlook, even if it's not, then for the purposes of enjoying a picture - well, that's fine for me!

Finally, the logo on the clothes that the girl in the picture is wearing, is clearly that of Addidas, and I would be amazed if they are not simply ordinary lycra based gym clothes, designed for land-based exercise. I have searched the web for clothes which are "designed" for aqua aerobics and jogging, and apart from the special shoes, I can't find anything.

In reply to Message (51017.3.1) Oooh Re:Aqua Jogging - Water way to get fit!

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net ex Mon 18/07/11 16:49:28 GMT

I hate to burst the illusion here....but this is not "normal" running gear. Those are not normal sneakers but special "aqua jogger" sneakers that are especially made for wearing in water. Likewise the top and leggings are probably specially made "aqua wear" too...just like the shirts that surfers wear are not normal t shirts but aqua shirts made of material that especially made to wear in water.There are dozens of websites that sell specially made "water workout" shirts and leggings and sneakers.....so it is kinda like the specially made "burkhini" swimsuits that are made for modesty conscious muslim bathers.

Water workout fashions are is not much different to the material they use for making swimsuits and surfers apparel. The litmus test to see if this is really "normal" clothing versus especially made "water wear" fabric...would be this...

- does the fabric cling when wet

- does the fabric go see thru when wet

- does the fabric change color and go darker as it gets progressively wet

- does the fabric become more shiny when wet

Certainly water workout apparel will go shiny....but it will not do the first 3 attributes as "normal" clothing would react when it gets wet.

We live in a world of illusion these days, where manufacturers now make what appears to be normal clothings, but using swimsuit materials instead. Look at the triangular logo on her shirt and leggings....I can't quite read it, but am willing to bet that this is a special aqua apparel logo and it is not Nike.....so this kind of wetlook is about the same as Burkhini style wetlook for me.

MK

In reply to Message (51017.3) None Re:Aqua Jogging - Water way to get fit!

By wetimer - isthisobscureenough@yahoo.co.uk uu Mon 18/07/11 16:19:28 GMT

Wow! I want a go. Especially as normal running gear is acceptable and "the tighter the better".

Bizarre though, because you'd think that the non-wetlookers would be all for doing this kind of thing in swimwear.

Go figure!

In reply to Message (51017) Links Aqua Jogging - Water way to get fit!

By wetstuff - gb Mon 18/07/11 05:44:51 GMT

Fully dressed in regular running gear, complete with trainers, I’m submerged to chest level in a tank of water as I prepare to try the best-kept fitness secret of our leading sports stars.

Pressing the start button on a high-tech screen in front of me triggers the familiar whirring of a treadmill belt beneath my feet and I’m off on my sub-aqua jog.

As I get into my slow-motion stride, speed restricted by the water’s resistance, it feels like I’m running with cushions attached to my feet and suspended in a harness.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2015785/Aqua-jogging-promises-workout-strain-better-results-dived-.html#ixzz1SSatakiU

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.028 seconds to generate ]