Wetlook-Online

Message # 50558.2

Subject: Hello Re:Are you a "true" wetlook fan - take the test

Date: Wed 08/06/11 05:21:22 GMT

Name: guitar guy us

Email:

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

I've always been most annoyed with Hollywood wet scenes. What's more aggravating is the fact that professional cinematographers, lighting technicians, entire production crews are more capable of capturing a wet scene than any amatuer wetlook producer. Hollywood seems to have stigmatized water as an icon of fear, usually associated with murder, a slimey swamp monster, or Godzilla ... and usually at night (with harsh backlit lighting) to enhance the elements of disorientation and horror. (unpleasant associations)

I agree with your three points for the most part. I do think that "fuzzy logic" applies since the permutations of wetlook are so numerous, and no two people are exactly the same in their perspectives. For example, wet T shirt is largely not wetlook. it's more about see thru, and the Hollywood promoted love affair with breasts. So the focus of attention isn't wet clothes at all. I'm certain that most of the men attending wet T contests would rather see bare breasts.

There are some instances that a few wet T girls seem to enjoy the feeling of their wet clothes, by maybe pulling, of repeated soakings, facial expressions, and body language, which collectively suggest she would rather be wet than dry! So, maybe some wet T is wetlook if the girl seems to be more focused on her wet clothes.?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the wetlook producers.. a brief rant and listed point by point. I am attempting to constructively criticize. I am not attempting to foist my own preferences on anyone, however my preferences and others will be cited for argument's sake!

1) entering the water with shoes on. The action on the SET is at the shoes. The camera's eyes should be there, and not focused at her still dry midsection... or worse yet... zooming out! It should be the opposite... since entering the water dry to wet is a one time event per session, and this needs to be captured with care, and in detail (usually miserable camera shots)

2. high heels without stockings. If a producer and model are willing to trash a pair of high heels, what does it take to at least soak a pair of nylons? They can take it! LOL. Nylons are perhaps the least appropriate garment to wear in the water, or swim in, aside from dry clean only business suits. Nylons (and socks with shoes/ boots) are true wetlook apparel, no fuzzy logic applies in this instance!

3. About winter clothes wetlook, I understand the arguments that heavy layers conceal too much of the body. On the other hand, layers of garments, a coat, boots, absorb, and contain enormous amounts of water. Winter clothes suggest that the wearer LOVES the feeling of soaking herself with abandon, and that's a definite turn on! Personally I am less into the look of  wet winter clothes, more into the idea that some crazy girls out there actually like this!

4. staged wetlook can be just boring. It's better than no wetlook at all, so I really should have no objection. And if I have that much of a problem with it, I should make my own videos!

5. lighting... not enough of it. Even a modest quality camera will take GREAT pics or video with good lighting. The biggest problem is indoors, there can never have enough lighting, the fill light or soft light must be brighter than key lights (spot lamps, or indoor hi hats) which eliminates glare, and over/ under exposure problems. Outdoors, hazy sun, or cloudy days are better since most of the light is well diffused, much like a fill light does. Direct sunlight/ shadows often causes over/ under exposures. Photographers using reflectors on bright sunlighted sets are not insane.. (common practice in Hollywood films) they know what they're doing! Never rely on the existing lighting, ceiling lights, table lamps, window light, etc. (unless their lighting temperature is known and nearly the same as auxillary lighting setup)  Never mix incandescent (yellow cast) and fluorecent lighting, (green cast) not outdoor lighting (blue cast) filtering through a window. A lighted table lamp can be used as a prop, but not a source for illuminating your subject. Back lighting isn't a bad thing, if the producer knows how to use it. Back lighting highlights hair, (hair light) it defines your main subject from the background, and adds a nice three dimensional effect. Good lighting flatters the model, and she may come back to add to her portfolio. Capturing the action is always good, but quality capture is rare!  A producer does not need a large setup to illuminate a set properly. Just a three point setup does the job, or a simple fill light (high intensity broad light and reflector) with the correct lighting temperature that matches a well lighted indoor pool area.

apologies for all the content.. I hope some producers will try to educate themselves, and please sometimes get the close ups when a model enters the water in her shoes...that's where the action is occurring.... end of rant  :-)

In reply to Message (50558) None Are you a "true" wetlook fan - take the test

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net ex Tue 07/06/11 22:03:29 GMT

Are you a "true" wetlook fan that appreciates the fine art of wet clothing seen thru a fetish fans eyes.....i.e.

- full clothings or nice clothings or smart-casual etc

- decent lighting that shows off the best aspects of wetlook (shiny, see thru, clingy or transparent)

- good continuity (showing "before" and "during" and "after" shots with no annoying cutaways

or ....are you a "mainstream guy" that sees wetlook in the same way that Hollywood, and Playboy generally portrays this subject....i.e. metaphorically....just close your eyes and use your imagination....via

- poor choices of clothing

- obscure or bad lightng (i.e. backlit lighting)

- premature cutaways or lack of continuity....i.e. music video style editing

Take "the car wash scene" test....cos Hollywood and entertainment shows are currently going nuts and raving about the "great" carwash scene that Cameron Diaz does in her latest film "Bad Teacher".....this is the upcoming scene the mainstream world is raving about....

http://starcasm.net/archives/87297/cameron-diaz-bad-teacher

If this scene does it for you....then you are definitely a mainstream guy and not a wetlook fetish fan.....cos you don't seem to care about the bad lighting and poor choice of clothing. This is no different to the Paris Hilton carwash scene that the mainstream world was raving about a few years ago....only at least that scene had better lighting.

For me, nothing beats the iconic Joy Harmon carwash beat from "Cool Hand Luke" in 1965....and kudos to Liv Tyler who did a pretty decent replica of that scene in 2001 in "One Night in McCools", and Nicolette Sheridan did not do too badly in her version on Desperate Housewives.

Anyway....if Cameron Diaz does it for you in her scene.....I must admit I don't get it....i.e. I can see how a mainstream guy can get turned on by a scantily clad girl playing with a hose....but how can any guy get turned on with you can't see any money shots due to the bad lighting that is backlit.

Go figure

MK

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy WetLooker.com
WetlookPOV.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.039 seconds to generate ]