Wetlook-Online

Message # 50556.3.1.1

Subject: None R...honorable mention for Joan Collins

Date: Tue 07/06/11 16:43:43 GMT

Name: MK ex

Email: wamtec@comcast.net

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help
with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

Previous Reply
Next New Message
Active List Archive

Wetlook-Online
Well...I have little knowledge of American TV ads in the USA in the 1960's, cos I grew up in the UK and did not move to the USA until 1981, so my 1960's memories of tv ads with wetlook were very few, except I do remember one UK ad in the late 1960's with a girl in a stewardess uniform cavorting on a desert island and playing in the surf.

Of course the best and funniest series of running gag ads made in the UK were the 1978 ads for Cinzano done by Joan Collins and the late great UK actor Leonard Rossiter.....where the running gag was that in every ad he would manage to pour a drink over Joan and soak her dress. I have about 6 of these ads, and you can see 4 of them in this nice compilation Youtube here......the 3rd and 4th ads in this clip are really funny and still make me laugh every time I see them....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PirMZGL-0mQ

The backstory behind the making of these ads is that Joan made many of these ads with Rossiter from 1978 to 1983, and he was one of the few actors who could actually tame her (cos she was known for being a diva and difficult to deal with other actors)....so their relationship for 5 years was like "The Taming of the Shrew"....cos the story is that Rossiter just gave her a hard time and would not take any of her diva antics, and she respected him for that and just allowed him to make a fool of her in every ad. In one interview with Rossiter before he passed away in 1984 he was asked about those Cinzano ads and whether Joan minded him constantly abusing her and soaking her in all those ads....and Rossiter famously quipped...."why would she mind....she was getting paid...wasn't she !!"....and that is how he dealt with her.

MK

In reply to Message (50556.3.1) None Re:Rare wetlook for Doug Dress2Splash fans

By Doug Dress2Splash - dougdresstwosplash@yahoo.com us Tue 07/06/11 16:04:36 GMT

I remember a 1966 or 1967 "Dodge Rebellion" commercial where the Dodge Rebellion Girl [Pamela Austin] was standing on the deck of a ship holding an self-inflatable life raft, explaining that Dodge was out to launch it's new idea.  She accidentally pulls the inflation ring on the life raft and is thrown off balance as she squeals "...Join the Do-o-o-odge Rebellion!' and falls out of the frame, from which there erupts a large SPLASH!!    After some footage of the latest Dodge racing thru the surf, we cut to the surface of the water at the side of the ship, as she emerges with her hair all wet, placing one hand on the now-inflated life raft, and with a gorgeous smile points to the camera saying "The Dodge Rebellion Wants YOU!"

There are a number of old ads featuring Pam Austin's Dodge Rebellion ads, but this one is nowhere to be found.   It was one of many things that turned me on to wetlook at the height of puberty.

Another ad I loved was a 1967[?] Macleans toothpaste ad featuring a guy and his pretty brunette girlfriend in their jeans and red windbreakers floating down some rapids smiling brightly, showing the Macleans Smiles, and their raft rolls over dumping them in the river. they emerge, and as they hug, the camera zooms in on the girl's pretty wet face smiling brightly.

Ads like these on TV during the 1960s helped turn me on to wetlook -- right in the middle of my teenage years.  In 2000, the Internet showed me I was far from alone.

[[[SPLASH!!!]]]

In reply to Message (50556.3) Thumbs Up Re:Rare wetlook for Doug Dress2Splash fans

By Waterspaniel - us Tue 07/06/11 15:44:20 GMT

Some of those old commercials were a real hoot. A couple that I feel safe in saying we'll never see again are one that I've mentioned before, the 1966 Chicago Sun Times commercial, shot in film noir style, with with a rain drenched model in a shiny, slinky dress walking slowly toward the camera; and the 1970 Pepsodent toothpaste commercial where a blonde girl in jeans goes down a water slide.
In reply to Message (50556) None Rare wetlook for Doug Dress2Splash fans

By MK - wamtec@comcast.net ex Tue 07/06/11 13:14:07 GMT

I was digging thru my dusty shelves and old tape archives, and I came across this little gem that was sent to me 20 years ago. This is probably the earliest wetlook oriented tv commercial I have ever seen, from the mid 1960's, when Manhattan shirts were promoting their "drip dry" shirts, so they came up with this classic tv commercial. The only known version of this was archived on a 16mm film reel that WF/RM had collected in the 1960's. We sent the film reel to a film to video conversion company, and they converted the film, but it was still very dark and faded in the version they sent me. I just took another attempt at enhancing this old film footage, cos it is worth archiving for posterity, so I have enhanced it and brightened it as best I could and uploaded to the wambank. The original film reel was silent so I added some soundtrack music.

Anyway, see what you think.....cos this is a classic piece of U.S. television wetlook history that has not been seen in 45 years.

Yes...I know the main focus is on the guy swimming in his business suit and shirt, but there are other girls in dresses going in the pool too....and you won't see any ads made like this today....see here

http://www.thewambank.com/videos.php?id=12388&list=0

I was told that they also did a series of print ads in magazines in the 1960's from this series of scenes too, but I have not been able to located those magazine photos so far,

MK

Report Abuse or Problem to Nigel at Minxmovies
If you enjoy this forum, then please make a small donation to help with running costs: Make Donation (you can change amount)

All WAM Drunk Sex Orgy Wetlook-Online
WetLooker.com

Minx Movies - M12 - Dressed in Wet is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M15 - Wet Me Now is now in the Download Store
Download Store

Minx Movies - M14 - Get Wet With Me is now in the Download Store
2ipmd65.jpg2ipmdg2.jpgckfbj77.jpgjapgs25.jpgzgjbt99.jpg Download Store 2fpbs94.jpgkijws74.jpgrlsps97.jpglasbjg7.jpg2fptg96.jpg2gpdde7.jpg

Minx Movies - M8 - Mask Of Wetness is now in the Download Store
Download Store

[ This page took 0.019 seconds to generate ]